Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 462 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I sent a question through eBay asking about the end papers - wonder if he'll reply?

Dear Flatsigned - It appears that this book has had the endpapers replaced. The one's pictured here are not original. Your auction doesn't mention this fact. Please advise.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Check this one out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Joe-Hill-20th-Ce...item4a9dbe0e52

Looks like it is one of the "Only 48 of these special commissioned books will be signed, numbered, lined & dated by Joe" for 'kickbuttbooks'.

Proven by Ralph Mulleins to be FAKE.

Karl

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fraudulent.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That's one of the fraudulent copies.

I'll contact the seller and explain. Wish me luck.

mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

What was the backstory of that? I can't find the original post...

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Last page of the mulleins collections thread.

Karl

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Last page of the mulleins collections thread.

Karl
    Thanks Karl.
    Over time the last page of Mulliens thread will change. the post # is 209 in this thread.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

kinda sad that 8 people have already bid on this.

ocean front property
    Sloth Love Chunk

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Screw that. Even if it were real, I'd need a better look at the signature before I'd bid.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Strange that he doesn't mention it being "signed" twice.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even with the bad pictures it looks like a fake to me. *sigh*

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    kinda sad that 8 people have already bid on this.

ocean front property
    I'm not a super expert, but I don't like it too...

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts about this sig?
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My gut feel is that it's probably okay, but considering the seller, I'd avoid it anyway.

http://thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=8889

John

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts about this sig?
    Looks just like the one out of my UTD.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Better check your bookshelf then.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This an awful sig !!! A fake UTD !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...item439d596f47

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post

That one IS terrible!

John

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

That one IS terrible!

John
    I contacted the guy and told him the sig was fake and he should end the auction, and surprisingly enough he already ended it. Might be a good person !

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Thoughts about this sig?
    The sig looks good to me.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thoughts about this sig?
    The sig looks good to me.
    And to me.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Better check your bookshelf then.
    *bounds to her bookshelf and frantically checks her one true treasure in the collection--out of breath she states:* Oh thank the gods it's still there!

The funny part about your statement is that he lives about 5 miles from me...

Country
    Country Flag

That one IS terrible!

John
    I contacted the guy and told him the sig was fake and he should end the auction, and surprisingly enough he already ended it. Might be a good person !
    Well, I have to say that with the below on the listing I don't think I will ever trust him, since he put this sig up for auction at all.

AUTHENTICITY: I am a member of UACC (Universal Autograph Collectors Club). As a collector, I am very particular of the quality of autographs that I both sell and collect. You can always be guaranteed that when you purchase one of my items, you are getting a nothing but the best authentic autograph. I have built a solid reputation as selling only authentic autographs for almost 20 years. Bid with absolute confidence.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

However, the fact that he originally may not have known it was a fake says nothing. If he collects autographs, he may not be familiar with King's like we are. That he removed the listing and has not, so far, relisted it speaks volumes.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That one IS terrible!

John
    Well, I have to say that with the below on the listing I don't think I will ever trust him, since he put this sig up for auction at all.

AUTHENTICITY: I am a member of UACC (Universal Autograph Collectors Club). As a collector, I am very particular of the quality of autographs that I both sell and collect. You can always be guaranteed that when you purchase one of my items, you are getting a nothing but the best authentic autograph. I have built a solid reputation as selling only authentic autographs for almost 20 years. Bid with absolute confidence.

He actually emailed me back and thanked me for letting him know. He said after i emailed him he researched it and realized it did not match Kings signature so he pulled the auction immediately. He said he was glad i pointed it out to him and that he was emabarassed for even listing it. He claims he bought it from someone and basically he was duped himself.
    Could all be true, could be a cover but atleast he pulled it and hasn't relisted it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 462 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast