Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 462 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Obvious fake:

"Signed" My Pretty Pony

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    You are very correct in saying "Obvious fake"

I think the dead horse signed it

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty bad. Not only that, but the crazy statement about terrorism making packages take 30 days to deliver is absurd.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's one of the worst signatures I've ever seen.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Pretty bad. Not only that, but the crazy statement about terrorism making packages take 30 days to deliver is absurd.
    So, the statement 30 days to deliver a book due terrorism is not true?

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    That's one of the worst signatures I've ever seen.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is an excuse for delays on the sellers part.

Country
    Country Flag

oohhh....a bit "not elegant", I think...
    If he was looking for excuses, he could write about problems with "alien shipment"!!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This seller has several FAKE signed books with a BS story to move them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Dead-Zone-by...3%3A1|294%3A50

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rubbish.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Any opinions on this, it must be fake, but if it is, its a good fake

http://cgi.ebay.com/*SIGNED*-Stephen...ayphotohosting
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Never heard of Scary Inc, but if King signed a plate for them it would be cool.
    The sig doesn't look bad (not endorsing it, but must look), the "S" is interesting.

Edit: I have a feeling the sig has been C&P onto the image of the bookplate. IE-stay away from this auction.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Something is awry. There are a bunch of these "scary inc." signed 1st's on Ebay right now that look similar to this one. All with minimum bids of less than 20 dollars.
    Sloth Love Chunk

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you Jerome. The "S" is suspect in my opinion. It looks like a very good fake except for that "S".
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the signature might be legit, but the image-sig or the red art has been C&P and what someone actually receives will be interesting.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll pass. Thanks for the input.

Edit: not a bad deal for a 1st edition/non-signed book though.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

None are 1st Editions, rather Book Club Editions. Each separate bookplate signature is different, so I don't know about the C&P, but the "S" is the same in all--so if it's a bad "S", it's consistent.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNING'S CHILDE View Post

Fake Well known faker...

From Skfakes list :
    renaissance_auctions their alias wanderingwriter1966 and new ID in 2008 fire-horse-books (new ID paladin-collectible-books) noticeably started selling King forgeries in Oct. 2007. ( nearly $4,000 worth of junk in the first month and still going strong ) Mostly selling forged 1st BCE . What the heck is a 1st BCE and how do you identify it as such? Of course the seller falsely claims these were actually printed the same year as the true firsts. As for BCEs, they are stateless It's not possible to distinguish between one printed five years ago and one printed fifteen years ago. We just a little comparison we presume their signed books from other authors are also forgeries.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BROWNING'S CHILDE View Post

Fake Well known faker...

From Skfakes list :
    renaissance_auctions their alias wanderingwriter1966 and new ID in 2008 fire-horse-books (new ID paladin-collectible-books) noticeably started selling King forgeries in Oct. 2007. ( nearly $4,000 worth of junk in the first month and still going strong ) Mostly selling forged 1st BCE . What the heck is a 1st BCE and how do you identify it as such? Of course the seller falsely claims these were actually printed the same year as the true firsts. As for BCEs, they are stateless It's not possible to distinguish between one printed five years ago and one printed fifteen years ago. We just a little comparison we presume their signed books from other authors are also forgeries.
    Thanks, I knew it was too good to be true.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody have thoughts on the authenticity of this sig? Looks good to me, but something just makes me wonder . . .

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's the real thing. The "g" looks suspect.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. The "g" has too many swirls.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Anybody have thoughts on the authenticity of this sig? Looks good to me, but something just makes me wonder . . .
    I have my doubts. The "Step" in Stephen and the "g" in King are not right but the "hen" in Stephen and the "Kin" in King seem OK.

Is this written on a curved surface like a baseball bat? That might account for the middle of the sig looking OK but the first and last parts being off.

Is this the only pic you have? A photo of the whole page or object might help to clarify.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The pic's actually from this eBay auction. The one that's on the posting is of the full page of the book. I just did a quick screenshot and cropped it.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

I cry foul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 462 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast