Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 462 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

bang.bang...those other ones are dead...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    bang.bang...those other ones are dead...
    Excellent Darkman. I'm keeping my eye on another seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Dead-Zone-79...3A1|240%3A1318

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Last edited by Room 217 Caretaker; 03-27-2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    when you guys report an item on ebay.COM... can you type a wee comment or somthing to explain why you report it?

and HOW do you report it? (i mean, among the whole list, where are forged signs standing in?)
    dont worry its gone...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's an interesting situation. Someone posted on King's message board about an auction they listed on eBay of a signed copy of The Tommyknockers. Someone contacted them to tell them the signature was a fake, and a bad fake at that. However, their provenance is fairly convincing -- it was signed at the River Oaks Bookstore in Houston while King was touring with Don Robertson to support The Ideal Genuine Man. I was at that signing, too, although I didn't get anything other than IDGM signed.

Here's the auction -- Not very good, right? I think even Marsha said she would have classified it as a fake. But it probably isn't -- just a rush job.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is interesting. I was wondering if it was the other inscription they were talking about out there where Marsha had to beat them over the head before they understood it was a fake.

I'd say good providence wins the day.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Real or not, on a 2nd printing, and looks "terrible", I wouldn't give $5 for it.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My thoughts exactly.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I think the seller is leaving something out of the story. King was running to catch a taxi so he wouldn't miss his flight, this guy was running next to King begging for his signature.

I don't like it all. I'll pay him $5 to remove it

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

its disappeared....others dont like it either.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

OK....it's time to crank up the Ebay BS meter but first:

This seller looks like they are trying to do good but the responses to questions and how he represents, I'm assuming a service, makes him look suspicious.

He can't even answer a simple question. So I have no problem calling out collectroniqs2009 Come on DOWN. Your our next contestant on

The EBAY BS Game

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sal...3A1|240%3A1318

Make sure you read his responses to very good questions asked by collectors.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very good at not answering simple clear questions.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It certainly sound like the seller is trying to misrepresent the truth without actually lying. Maybe they think they can get the cash and keep it since they didn't purposely lie about the printing/edition of the book.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

wow thats some serious bullshitting alright, im knee deep in the stuff!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

** turtlex begins handing out shovels **
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I asked him to send pictures of the dust jacket flaps, the gutter of page 439 and the copyright page. I'm betting I'll never hear from him.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Really, I think if the dustjacket were a first he could just save the money on shipping, keep the damn book, and mail the dustjacket.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I asked him to send pictures of the dust jacket flaps, the gutter of page 439 and the copyright page. I'm betting I'll never hear from him.

John
    I think we should ask Bev to send him a question through Ebay since he seems to reference him

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

He'd probably just refer Bev to the same.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

John
    You can tell just by looking at the front of the dust jacket that it is not a first edition dust jacket.

The first edition dust jackets state on the front panel "A New Novel By The Author Of CARRIE." As the book went in to later and later printings they shortened it to say "By The Author Of CARRIE" on the front panel. There is no way that that can be a first edition dj.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

You can tell just by looking at the front of the dust jacket that it is not a first edition dust jacket.

The first edition dust jackets state on the front panel "A New Novel By The Author Of CARRIE." As the book went in to later and later printings they shortened it to say "By The Author Of CARRIE" on the front panel. There is no way that that can be a first edition dj.
    I didn't know that! You learn something new every day!

John

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

I didn't know that! You learn something new every day!

John
    Give that man a cigar

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

good info bob

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I emailed the guy earlier today and asked him to clarify his responses. Nada so far.

And I agree, Bob - nice catch!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the seller ended the auction.... now if we can start to question his listing for The Shining perhaps he'll end it as well

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The...3A1|240%3A1318

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting in the listing for The Shining he says that the Salem's Lot was sold. I wouldn't touch anything this guy sells.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 462 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast