Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 462 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

oooooh. one of those people.

well, you shouldn't have any trouble with paypal then. i've used them for lots of stuff (not just ebay related) and they've been great. and other people i've talked with who've needed them for trouble have said that paypal always had their back. just make sure you have all your paperwork, copies of all your emails and other documentation and you should be fine. good luck!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Well...last week I got tired of waiting for some books I purchased at ebay and I started the process of getting (if possible) my money back. Paypal mentions that they can't assure that. I paid part with my paypal founds and the rest with my credit card. Can I get back what I paid by Credit card at least (it's VISA)?

Any advice is very welcomed.

Thanks!
    You should be able to dispute it on the credit card without any problem.
    When you get your bill circle the charge and include a note disputing the charge and do not pay for that portion of bill. I have found it an easy resolution, especially when Paypal is not (or is making dificult).

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    It is not a legit signature, IMO.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree.

John

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Check this ebay auction out. Seller states in description "not a book clubber" but his/her photo of the book shows book club edition on the flap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Carrie-Step...QQcmdZViewItem

Some unknowing/inexperienced buyer is about to get the shaft.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pure junk.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone care to render an opinion on this signature?
    I think it is legit.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Anyone care to render an opinion on this signature?
    I think it is legit.
    Me too.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks okay to me too, but it's a bit blurry. I assume the book is The Dark Half.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Check this ebay auction out. Seller states in description "not a book clubber" but his/her photo of the book shows book club edition on the flap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Carrie-Step...QQcmdZViewItem

Some unknowing/inexperienced buyer is about to get the shaft.
    This individual changed the description of the book after I shot them a email about providing misleading information.

Well, this guy is full of BS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-sto...QQcmdZViewItem

From his description:

"The condition of this magazine is as follows....

minor spine roll which looks to be easily pressed out

a penned date 5-17-73 and the penned notation "READ" is written on the cover.
    Actually, the date and note on the cover are kind of neat. I imagine the original purchaser of this magazine wrote it. "

Easily pressed out? With what? I can't imagine pages being straightened after 35 years.

It's the first time I have ever heard of unsightly writing on a magazine cover described as "kind of neat."

What a dirtball!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure he's a "dirtball" since he does have a picture showing all the flaws....but he is certainly taking an extreme 'glass half full' approach...haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I'm not sure he's a "dirtball" since he does have a picture showing all the flaws....but he is certainly taking an extreme 'glass half full' approach...haha...

Yes, that is probably a better way to put it.

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King Signed Auto'd RARE Index Card :
    http://cgi.ebay.it/Stephen-King-Sign...d=p3286.c0.m14

Do you think is it good?
    If it's legit, it is not beautiful
    Authenticated By PSA/DNA...Authentication services...COA...

Will They check the Signature before to give them certifiacte?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is fake. If it was real, it is a TERRIBLE signature to pay for.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's a fake also. Remember, a COA isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fake, in my opinion

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a fake for sure

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I honestly think it could be real...but I would never pay for it, of course....the COA is meaningless and it's a terrible signature regardless...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

On a related topic-

A court ruled on Monday that eBay will have to pay luxury goods giant LVMH $63 million for fake Gucci etc. merchandise that is sold through eBay. LVMH claimed that the fakes/knock-offs diluted the value of its true luxury brands.

eBay vehemently disagreed and stated that it is simply a conduit/fascilitator of a transaction. eBay also admitted that it spends $20 million a year and collaborates with over 18,000 brand owners to fight counterfeiting.

In 2007, eBay removed 2.2 million suspect listings and suspended 50,000 seller accounts.

I thought this was interesting information to share with all of you given that we are doing a bit of our own police work here on fake signatures.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

It's interesting too that LVMH found 90% of the listings to be fake goods.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Bad Signature:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Fro...QQcmdZViewItem

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Bad Signature:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Fro...QQcmdZViewItem

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    That's pretty bad.

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys!

If you have been buying your copies of the DT comics off of Ebay you need to avoid buying from Wantedcomix. This guy is trying to rip me off. I paid for the 1/50 Sketch Variant of Long Road Home and he sent me the 1/25 Color Variant. When I brought this to his attention he told me that I could pay him for the 1/25 and he would then send me the 1/50 I paid for. I refused. I told him to ship me the one I paid for and I would send him the wrong item back. He will not do this claiming that he has been ripped off in the past and will not be doing that again.

Who is the crook here?

I paid $45 dollars for the 1/50 and I want what I paid for. My feedback on Ebay should be enough proof to him that I am legitimate and I am not trying to cheat him out of a comic.

I have turned this dispute over to Paypal and Ebay.

Avoid this guy!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 462 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast