Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 382 of 462 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

He may have actually bought it in London but that doesn't mean the sig is good. I don't like it.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No good, Frank...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    He may have actually bought it in London but that doesn't mean the sig is good. I don't like it.
    Nor do I....but not enough to say it is a fake.

I would not want it in my collection.

Sharpie signatures are always tough.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    What do you think.... ?
    Seller told me he bought it in London...

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Nope.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it could be a legit felt pen sig, but I wouldn't buy it.

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    P2

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post
    The seller is either a liar or confused, plus I'm no expert but that sig looks awful

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Forged....yep, not even a good one.

I've seen others who list Firestarter and Christine as the limited edition because of the blurb on the copyright page.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I reported the auction. Hopefully another few members will take the time to report it also.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I reported the auction. Hopefully another few members will take the time to report it also.
    He changed his listing so it doesn't say limited edition, also where's this COA he keeps talking about.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    He changed his listing so it doesn't say limited edition, also where's this COA he keeps talking about.
    I reported it too. I stated that it is not numbered or limited. I also stated that it is a forgery.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I reported it too. I stated that it is not numbered or limited. I also stated that it is a forgery.
    eBay will see in his listing that he claims to have a COA, and will do nothing.

After all, eBay don't want to shut down auctions when they are set to gain 20% of the proceeds, especially when a COA (fake or not) allows them to feign ignorance on the sale of such an obvious forgery.

Profit profit profit.

It's not just the sellers that should be prosecuted for selling forgeries; eBay should also be held accountable for knowingly allowing dodgy listings to continue, especially when they have been reported as being fake by numerous people - And they know this, which is why there is no paper trail when reporting fake goods on eBay. They can just deny ever receiving such reports should they ever be investigated....

For what it's worth, I reported this listing too but it still remains up on eBay. That's at least 4 members here who live in different areas of the world all reporting that the signature is forged. If this listing ends up being sold, eBay should be charged with being an accessory to commit fraud.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm probably the only one that thinks this way...but....here it goes:

I don't blame EBay at all. Yep, no blame. eBay is simply a vehicle that allows us to buy or sell an item. It is my sole responsibility to do the research as needed to make sure I'm not wasting my money. I believe it would be impossible for eBay to hire enough people to cover all signatures to know if something is forged or not. When we report a forged copy, how would eBay know the reporting source is a known good source to believe to remove the item? I think eBay should be sending a message to the seller letting them know people aren't comfortable with the signature. If the seller decides to continue to sell, it's up to buyer beware.

I know, I'm alone on this one.

A recent auction made an appearance on this subject just a while ago. Check it out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...cAAOSw9IpX1Xux

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

I don't blame EBay at all. Yep, no blame. eBay is simply a vehicle that allows us to buy or sell an item. It is my sole responsibility to do the research as needed to make sure I'm not wasting my money. I believe it would be impossible for eBay to hire enough people to cover all signatures to know if something is forged or not. When we report a forged copy, how would eBay know the reporting source is a known good source to believe to remove the item? I think eBay should be sending a message to the seller letting them know people aren't comfortable with the signature. If the seller decides to continue to sell, it's up to buyer beware.

A recent auction made an appearance on this subject just a while ago. Check it out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...cAAOSw9IpX1Xux

Mulleins
    You are not alone in this on this.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins
    No, you're not!

sk

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Caveat Emptor is in effect on Ebay...I feel also.
    For EBay, I think they are all about profit also.
    It IS great everyone here helps everyone else out.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I've been on eBay for a long, long time, but am still not aware: How does one report an auction to eBay authorities (who, I agree, are not going to be particularly reactive, so Caveat Emptor, but still, I am curious)?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I've been on eBay for a long, long time, but am still not aware: How does one report an auction to eBay authorities (who, I agree, are not going to be particularly reactive, so Caveat Emptor, but still, I am curious)?
    On the right side of the screen, about half way down the page, click on the Report Item link.

From the three drop down lists choose:

Copyright and Trademark
    Counterfeit Item or authenticity disclaimer
    Counterfeit, fake, or replica items

Click continue, and then provide a brief description-Obvious fake SK signature...etc.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    On the right side of the screen, about half way down the page, click on the Report Item link.

From the three drop down lists choose:

Copyright and Trademark
    Counterfeit Item or authenticity disclaimer
    Counterfeit, fake, or replica items

Click continue, and then provide a brief description-Obvious fake SK signature...etc.
    Ah. Yes, I see it -- thank you.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I asked the following questions and got the following response. They did include a pic but i cant post it from my ipad...

Who is the COA through? Can you please post a pic of the actual form?
    Are you the original owner or did you buy this from someone else? Did you get the COA done or did it come with it when you bought it?

Thanks!

Hello and thanks for you inquiry. Here is a picture of the COA from Encore Autographs.
    I purchased the book with the COA at an autograph convention.

After a few moments research I sent back this..

I was afraid of that. I'm sorry to say that Encore Autographs has a very poor reputation when it come to signatures.
    http://live.autographmagazine.com/fo...ore-autographs
    I am by no means an expert on Stephen King sigs, but I have seen enough to not feel comfortable bidding on this item.
    Thanks for your time and good luck with your auction.

Maybe it is enought to convince them to pull the auction. Maybe?
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This post should probably be put in random thoughts, but at the same time it feeds into a discussion a few threads up.

Because of an "educational auction" I've posted on eBay. It's easy to find....type in Stephen King Forged. I was invited by eBay to discuss some ideas to make it a safer place. Thoughts on the following recommendation I made to eBay:

Comment from eBay- "First, your auction made us laugh. We've had people report and complain about your auction. After looking into accounts of the people reporting, they seem to be the sellers reported the most under the counterfeit catagory. You are very correct in saying we honestly don't know if a signature is real, forged, facsimile, etc. you are also correct in saying, if we don't know, how can we pull it? With that said, any recommendations to make eBay a safer place?"

Ralph- "As mentioned in my auction, eBay is simply a vehicle used to sell/buy items. I do have one suggestion that may help......If an auction is reported, eBay should post a link showing the comment being made about the item. You don't have to show a members eBay ID or anything associated with their account, just put out there what the concern is. You aren't taking sides or pulling the auction, but allowing a potential buyer to see additional information to help them make a good decision before buying. If the buyer still wants the forged copy, so be it, everyone tried."

I have some hilarious comments from people on eBay about the Stephen King Forged auction. Maybe one day I will post some of them here.

Mulleins

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

One potential drawback to eBay posting a link to "concerns" that are posted is the potential for abuse. If someone has a personal vendetta against a particular seller or business he could essentially flag all of their listings with fraud "concerns" which would, obviously, hurt their sales.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    One potential drawback to eBay posting a link to "concerns" that are posted is the potential for abuse. If someone has a personal vendetta against a particular seller or business he could essentially flag all of their listings with fraud "concerns" which would, obviously, hurt their sales.
    Actually that came up in the discussion. A member of the management team said they already see a form of that through the reporting system and messages between disgruntled sellers. The messages aren't made public not unless the seller clicks on allow everyone to see message.

She called it turf wars on eBay....haha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 382 of 462 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 ... LastLast