Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 462 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.....FAKE

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Thanks for your opinions. I will contact the seller and let him know.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What do you guys think about this sig?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Fro...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The "King" just doesn't look right to me, but I'm not sure.

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is a good signature, but way overpriced.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    The date "9/24/02" makes it worth more, though. IIRC that was the release date and King did a signing at some bookstore. Those were among the few copies signed on that date.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a seller with 18 "signed" King books.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcecman2003

I believe a couple of them may be real (The IT and maybe the Night Shift).

The Dark Half and Bag of Bones ARC are definitely fake.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

They are ALL fake. Stay clear.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I dunno...that IT looks pretty good.

But given the fact the seller has some that are fakes...your advice is sound.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bob is correct it is the date to have for this book if lucky enough to find one signed and dated.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The date "9/24/02" makes it worth more, though. IIRC that was the release date and King did a signing at some bookstore. Those were among the few copies signed on that date.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I dunno...that IT looks pretty good.
    Nah...it looks good at first, but it's fake too...I've seen that inscription before, and it doesn't look like that...

I wonder if the seller bought all these over time and actually thinks they're real? There are a lot of variations on the fake sigs...

Traveler Bookman_Jayhawk is on a distinguished road

Hello-I am brand new to this forum and found you by the magic of Google. I started investigating a particular eBay seller after I received what I was certain a fake Caleb Carr signature on a 1st edition of The Alienist. I started digging around and found that the seller in question is the same person that came under heavy scrutiny from this forum last year. (renaissance_auctions) now selling under the user name (fire-horse-books) also took a turn with the user name (wandeingrwriter1966). I have contacted the seller and asked for approval to return the book for a refund but I feel an obligation to forget about the $50 I wasted on this book and report her to eBay. Any advice?
    By the way, the seller does have a signed Stephen King listed.
    (Stephen King Insomnia Collectors Edition 1st 1st SIGNED)-eBay item #370076500852

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Bookman. Did you pay via Paypal or credit card? If you did, then contest the charge as soon as possible. This may save you some money. I would not count on their accepting a return.

The signature on the Insomnia (in one of the Stephen King Collector's Library faux red leather bindings) MAY be okay, but, given the seller's history, I would avoid it like the plague.

Feel free to contribute any time!

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Need some help here with this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250284022459

I tried to be nice and help this Ebayer understand how to tell a First Edition, what to look for, etc. His responses are very rude.

Don't be mean to him/her but please use the contact seller on the auctions they've posted and ask the price of the dust jackets, does it say First Edition and so on.

He responded to one person and told them it is a First Edition. He won't answer the questions on dust jacket price or clearly stated First Edition on copyright page on his Carrie, Night Shift, Salem's Lot, etc.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

I tried to be nice and help this Ebayer understand how to tell a First Edition, what to look for, etc. His responses are very rude.

Don't be mean to him/her but please use the contact seller on the auctions they've posted and ask the price of the dust jackets, does it say First Edition and so on.

He responded to one person and told them it is a First Edition. He won't answer the questions on dust jacket price or clearly stated First Edition on copyright page on his Carrie, Night Shift, Salem's Lot, etc.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I don't bother trying to help people anymore. I find most of them end up knowing full well that they are selling crap. If this is the guy I think it is (although I'm not 100% sure), he was selling a "first edition" of the Dead Zone that wasn't. I kindly pointed out that it wasn't a first, and that he might want to inform the lone bidder before accepting payment, just so he doesn't end up with an upset buyer. He responded with something along the lines of, "Its a first edition for book club members, but is still technically a first edition. Are you bidding? Didn't think so. Mind your own damn business."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't even waste my time trying to "help" these type of sellers.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

it says the bidding is over and no bids were taken. he doesn't appear to have any other books listed right now.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's the 21st century high-tech solution to fake autographs: video autographs

oh for fuck's sake. if stephen king ever does this i'm out.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a rather old contest...I entered it. On the autograph site that I belong to (www.movieeye.com) they ran the contest joined with Live Autographs. Needless to say, I didn't win.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

At least whoever buys this won't be out TOO much money!

"Signed" Dreamcatcher

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I swear, some of those eBay dealers must think we're half retarded or something.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I predict that book will sell within a day.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I predict that you're dead-on. For every idiotic seller, there's an idiotic buyer.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

hey. i am not an idiot!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 462 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast