Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 462 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There ought to be "regulations" against attempts like this:
    STEPHEN KING THE REGULATORS SIGNED 1st/1st

Same seller:
    STEPHEN KING SKELETON CREW SIGNED 1st/1st

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. Did I miss out on a "new" SK book? Quote from seller of signed Desperation "I had to buy 4 copies of 12/22/63 to get my others signed!!!".

Edit: This seller is a real piece of work. Read the descriptions for both and you will see.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Reported

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As much as it pains me to do so, I feel compelled to bring up this auction. A well respected member of our community has listed the item, but I have had private inquiries as to the signature/inscription.
    Opinions may vary, and we could have 10 well respected members oppose 10 other well respected members as to a signatures legitimacy.
    The best policy is to be up front.
    For the record, I don't believe it to be inscribed/signed by Stephen King.
    Rare Stephen King signed 1st edition of "IT" scarce signed dated 1st/1st

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with RF that this sig/inscription is not legit.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I struggled a bit with this and it was tough to mention. I do however feel a higher commitment to all of our members over one of our members.
    If I am going to point out Intriguing Auctions, I should also mention questionable items no matter who listed them.
    FWIW, If I owned a book that was thought to be in question, I would either blatantly mention the doubts in my ad for the item-or just tear the page out and donate the book to a library.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I disagree with it being a fake. I believe it is a legitimate inscription.
    that said, I do appreciate the folks who look out for us here and there opinions whether I am in agreement or not.
    I know the members here are always looking out for each others best interest and im happy to be a part.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    LOL. Did I miss out on a "new" SK book? Quote from seller of signed Desperation "I had to buy 4 copies of 12/22/63 to get my others signed!!!".

Edit: This seller is a real piece of work. Read the descriptions for both and you will see.
    In all fairness, I usually ask the seller a question or two before I even consider reporting someone because the ultimate ramification for such a thing is jail time. In mentioning that, I did try and contact the seller in regards to his blatant lie about the origins of the book..which, so far, no response. I share the same philosophy as merlin, I believe that number of people selling fakes dont even know that they are selling them.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I struggled a bit with this and it was tough to mention. I do however feel a higher commitment to all of our members over one of our members.
    If I am going to point out Intriguing Auctions, I should also mention questionable items no matter who listed them.
    FWIW, If I owned a book that was thought to be in question, I would either blatantly mention the doubts in my ad for the item-or just tear the
    Its against ebay policies to put anything to auction that you are not 100% certain of its authenticity. With that in mind, how does one list an item on ebay that has some doubters here on the forum?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...sclaimers.html

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post

In all fairness, I usually ask the seller a question or two before I even consider reporting someone because the ultimate ramification for such a thing is jail time. In mentioning that, I did try and contact the seller in regards to his blatant lie about the origins of the book..which, so far, no response. I share the same philosophy as merlin, I believe that number of people selling fakes dont even know that they are selling them.
    Replied to me, seller is very convinced they have legitimate signatures, I call bull shit

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I wouldn't own it, don't like the Sig and the date too

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post

Replied to me, seller is very convinced they have legitimate signatures, I call bull shit
    Well, his downfall is the lie in his auction about buying so many copies to get such and such other books signed. If he had purchased these books form someplace believing they are the real deal..thats another issue completely. People are not really aware of this site and the knowledge that the members here have in regards such things. Unaware people get a pass...scammers dont.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, his downfall is the lie in his auction about buying so many copies to get such and such other books signed. If he had purchased these books form someplace believing they are the real deal..thats another issue completely. People are not really aware of this site and the knowledge that the members here have in regards such things. Unaware people get a pass...scammers dont.
    Ya,
    If he didn't blatantly lie you could give him the benefit of the doubt about him knowing, but its pretty obvious he is just a shyster.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I believe the lie has a little truth to it! In Savannah Georgia we had to buy a copy of 11/22/63 UNSIGNED to be able to get a book signed. Either a SK book of our choice or 11/22/63. There is no way SK signed 11/22/63 + another book in Savannah. My wife and I had #363 signing ticket. they were signing 1 book per person/line ticket. You had 1 line ticket, one book got signed. (with few exceptions). You were allowed to go buy more books/line tickets. I own 7 copies unsigned of 11/22/63 - I was able to get 7 other books signed. We watched SK sign 400 books (not 800). We were in the front row watching. I would like to know if the seller claims to have gotten them in Savannah. That is a devious and dishonest way to get rid of 7 books!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

If i had a book that i had doubts about, i would not sell it to another collector. too many fakes out there. i can see someone getting duped and trying to get rid of it, but i could not pass it on. I certaintly don't want a fake in my collection.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As much as it pains me to do so, I feel compelled to bring up this auction. A well respected member of our community has listed the item, but I have had private inquiries as to the signature/inscription.
    Opinions may vary, and we could have 10 well respected members oppose 10 other well respected members as to a signatures legitimacy.
    Unfortunately, I am not comfortable with the signature either......this is not a reflection on the Seller, simply my opinion as to the authenticity of what he/she was sold and is now choosing to resell.....

Obviously just an opinion....

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Unfortunately, I am not comfortable with the signature either......this is not a reflection on the Seller, simply my opinion as to the authenticity of what he/she was sold and is now choosing to resell.....

Obviously just an opinion....
    I'm always watching sgc's auctions because he's got a lot of great books, but I gotta side with the others on this one. I don't think that's a legit inscription.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not only is the book in scrappy condition, but the seller will protect it: "I will ship the book in its mylar bag and place cardboard around it to prevent any bending during shipping. "
    The Long Walk RICHARD BACHMAN STEPHEN KING 1st Ed 1979 Signet PB Very RARE!!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I also have to agree with the other members - I dont like it.
    I have to do some searching but I think that same book was posted and discussed some time ago (way back) in this thread.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I also have to agree with the other members - I dont like it.
    I have to do some searching but I think that same book was posted and discussed some time ago (way back) in this thread.
    Yes. I thought it looked familiar too.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What a "Misery" able attempt:
    SIGNED Misery by Stephen King (1987, Hardcover)

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hot glue guns are not just for crafts anymore.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 462 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 ... LastLast