Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 462 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    I'm right there with Bob on COAs - especially the whole 'sticker' thing.

And now we move from signed baseballs to a signed baseball hat. Pure crap, IMO.
    That sig, if fake, would fool me.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Calla Wolf

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

In all fairness (I know he didn't), but I'm betting King COULDN't sign much more legibly than that with a marker on a golf ball.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's got one bid.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never even heard of SK being on a golf course. Anyone? Bueller?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never even heard of SK being on a golf course. Anyone? Bueller?
    Maybe it's the golf ball from Autopsy Room Four?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post

And me!

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really? The 'S' is awful IMO and the 'g' doesn't look right either. Seems fake to me.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It states that the COA is from an organization that specializes in golfers' autographs. So assuming they are legit experts in their field, authors' signatures are still not their area of business.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

See to me there's the thing I don't think anyone's really an expert on autographs. Most are experts on a specific person's autogrph or maybe a few even, but once outside of their specialization they probably know little.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith87 View Post

Really? The 'S' is awful IMO and the 'g' doesn't look right either. Seems fake to me.
    compare to this pic: particularly the 'S' in the first one:

Sure the "S" is a little wide, but the rest looks pretty good. It is also very fluid. If it is a fake, someone practiced alot, to where they could write SK's name as well as their own. And then they want a piddly 66 bucks for it.

I am not saying it is genuine, nor would I buy it. I'm just saying that noone writes their name the same way every time, especially on this type of surface. I have seen some pretty horrendous fakes, and this is a good fake if it is one.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But the g is still just plain wrong - never seen him close the top of it that way, and the tail comes way too far back under Kin and doesn't close. The "feel" of the whole thing is off to me.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

For that hat, I don't like the 'G' and I don't like the 'S.'

If only it had a COA! Then I could bid with confidence!

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, just a COA would seal the deal.

Well, as I have said before, I am no SK sig expert. I have seen gretchen's collection and respect her opinion. I just know there is some variability between signatures, and I think this could be within that range. I am a pharmacist, and I write my signature hundreds of times per day. And rarely do two of them look exactly the same.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that no one signs their name exactly the same every time, but there are still ways that you never make your letters. Same for me, same for Stephen King. I agree with the others, the "g" looks wrong for SK.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure you all are right. That's why I never buy anything. The only thing I would ever consider are S/L. And, my wife would have a bird if I spent that much money.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure you all are right. That's why I never buy anything. The only thing I would ever consider are S/L. And, my wife would have a bird if I spent that much money.
    If you're ever interested in buying non-S/L King-signed items, that's exactly what this thread is for - to get others' opinions. Also TDT.com has many reputable members who may be a better resource than random eBay auctions. "Know the seller."
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Oh, but it DOES, Rahfa, it does!! Bid away!

I am UACC Registered Dealer #RD190, in good standing. All autographs are authentic and come with a lifetime Certificate of Authenticity.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If I was from the other side of the pond, I would buy this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Aut...item1e597babb7

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to know more about the event, like a date and time, so a better authentication could be made.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

I believe this is a fake.

Look at the enlarged "signature" page

The image in the middle of the page is clear. the area around the signature is pixelated. I think the sig is superimposed over the page. Photoshop job.
    Calla Wolf

My Mood
    Buzzed

The image in the middle of the page is clear. the area around the signature is pixelated. I think the sig is superimposed over the page. Photoshop job.
    Calla Wolf

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post

I saw this auction last night. Immediately sent Muzak Heart and Soul Foundation an email asking for confirmation of such an item sold as a benefit for the cause.

Waiting on response. Not that the response guarantees real or fake or but just curious.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post

I saw this auction last night. Immediately sent Muzak Heart and Soul Foundation an email asking for confirmation of such an item sold as a benefit for the cause.

Waiting on response. Not that the response guarantees real or fake or but just curious.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    The signature seems real....I can't really see the pixelation...but that's a strange book for him to sign, or for someone to ask him to sign.

I'm not sure how a photoshopped signature would help the seller, since the buyer would eventually see what they got.

However, that book is a large 14x11, and that signature's ratio seems to fit - which means it's a very large signature for SK to sign....that's the oddest part about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Oh, but it DOES, Rahfa, it does!! Bid away!

I am UACC Registered Dealer #RD190, in good standing. All autographs are authentic and come with a lifetime Certificate of Authenticity.
    OMG! Didn't see that! I've got my snipe set at $0.99! Nobody better compete against me! It's mine!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 462 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast