Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 371 of 462 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Thank for providing the link to this, Brian!

That has to be one of the worst attempts at a forgery I have ever seen on eBay!!!! Fake signature, Fake home made "Stephan King" COA and then trying to claim that a BCE is limited to 200 copies! Utter shit!!!
    I sent an email to the seller asking if the book is more valuable because they misspelled his name on the certificate of authenticity

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I told him I was an authority for King signatures and that I would be contacting his local authorities and have him questioned for fraud. Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I told him I was an authority for King signatures and that I would be contacting his local authorities and have him questioned for fraud. Lol
    Good one The seller got back to me and said they didn't know if the misspelling of the name made it more valuable, but wanted to know if I was interested in buying it.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Item 141940934779 : I don't even know where to begin with this one…from the bad sig, to the signed and numbered of 200 limitation run when there is no numbering in the book ( and no such limitation done, especially with bookclub editions), to King's name misspelled on the COA, to the 0 feedback, to the...well, it's just a wealth of shenanigans.
    Can you provide a link to this item?
    Thanks, Brian, for providing the link...I was posting from my phone and couldn't get the link from my eBay app. Didn't want to wait, though, until I got home to post from my PC to share this one. I visit this thread often, but all things considered -- with all the shenanigans it has going on -- this one has to be among the most egregious I've seen.

Update: Looks it's now been taken down -- voluntarily or not, hard to say. I know eBay doesn't care much about such things, but perhaps this one was even too blatant for them.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Item 141940934779 : I don't even know where to begin with this one…from the bad sig, to the signed and numbered of 200 limitation run when there is no numbering in the book ( and no such limitation done, especially with bookclub editions), to King's name misspelled on the COA, to the 0 feedback, to the...well, it's just a wealth of shenanigans.
    Can you provide a link to this item?
    Thanks, Brian, for providing the link...I was posting from my phone and couldn't get the link from my eBay app. Didn't want to wait, though, until I got home to post from my PC to share this one. I visit this thread often, but all things considered -- with all the shenanigans it has going on -- this one has to be among the most egregious I've seen.

Update: Looks it's now been taken down -- voluntarily or not, hard to say. I know eBay doesn't care much about such things, but perhaps this one was even too blatant for them.
    Good work to whomever who put the pressure on the seller. As stated, the listing was pulled...probably because of the questions/comments TDT.org members raised/made. I've been ill for the last 3-4 months and unable to do much here regarding the ebay crap. But I'm hoping that my energy remains high so I can help a little to weed out these crooks!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I've been ill for the last 3-4 months and unable to do much here regarding the ebay crap. But I'm hoping that my energy remains high so I can help a little to weed out these crooks!
    If you've been ill for the last 3-4 months, the question...Nothing too serious, I hope?....almost seems out of place.
    Hope the worst is behind you - wishing you a speedy recovery!

sk

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess AKCs Mr Mercedes is way over priced...look at the deal on this (crappy) signature:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...-/222073924730

From an estate sale none the less. Feel bad for the 5 or so separate bidders. But the one with ZERO history bidding it up is always fishy. Sad.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not even sure if I should message seller to tell them how bad it is - they're not selling other signed books and it ends in about an hour.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I have a few opinions on this sig please, guys?

Thanks!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am leaning towards good my man........
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like it. I have an almost identical signature on an American SS 2007, with good evidence, photos of signing, etc and from a reputable collector.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that signature

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like mine. Good!

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks good to me, Alan.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am leaning towards good my man........
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I like it. I have an almost identical signature on an American SS 2007, with good evidence, photos of signing, etc and from a reputable collector.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I like that signature
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Looks like mine. Good!

John
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Looks good to me, Alan.

Thanks so much, guys. Appreciate it!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This actually made me laugh. TWO dust jackets, must be a misprint.

Also states not a book club, hmmm.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/121958659588

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL, I wonder if the person that forged these was unsure of how to spell Stephen. Is it a P? Is it a Y? Or is it a really big V?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Desperation-...IAAOSwYmZXFCJs
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Regulato...0AAOSw~oFXFCA~

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    LOL, I wonder if the person that forged these was unsure of how to spell Stephen. Is it a P? Is it a Y? Or is it a really big V?

Wow. That's so bad, I'm not sure "forged" is the even correct verb!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I reported him!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post

Wow. That's so bad, I'm not sure "forged" is the even correct verb!
    I note that both are one-day auctions...I wonder if that's a new tactic we're going to see now, so these scammers can get these auctions up and down again in a short timeframe without anyone reporting them and getting the auction pulled.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like it. I also don't like the other King "signed" items he is selling:
    Stephen King signed Desperation 1st Printing autograph

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I don't like it. I also don't like the other King "signed" items he is selling:
    Stephen King signed Desperation 1st Printing autograph
    I didn't check his other King items but you are right that the Desperation is no good.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have seen some shit forgeries in my time, but this seller is just taking the piss....

HAND-SIGNED-STEPHEN-KING-Black-House-1st-Ed-1st-Impr-HBK-Peter-Straub

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I have seen some shit forgeries in my time, but this seller is just taking the piss....

Reported, for all the good it does......
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post

Reported, for all the good it does......
    Well it does say Hand - Signed - just does not exactly say who's hand signed it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 371 of 462 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 ... LastLast