Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 330 of 462 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 340 380 430 ... LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow...thanks for the info, guys!!!!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Terrible....simply terrible. I hope Kings secretary takes a look at it. Maybe someone at tomorrow's signing will show
    King the auction. I would gladly work for Kings office helping to remove the garbage that shows up like this.

Ralph Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Couldn't believe how bad it was when I first saw it.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh dear.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quick question. A UK 1st edition firestarter with a "6.50 Macdonald UK only" gold sticker on the dj. Is this an export edition? Not much of an expert on the UK editions. Thanks guys

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quick question. A UK 1st edition firestarter with a "6.50 Macdonald UK only" gold sticker on the dj. Is this an export edition? Not much of an expert on the UK editions. Thanks guys
    There was more demand for the first edition on release than expected and MacDonald used some of the export editions to satisfy demand in the UK by putting the stickers on these.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh OK. Thanks! I guess it wouldnt be considered a true 1st/1st then.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would consider the printed price on the DJ as the true first.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is appalling. Seller is using the standard trade CP to fool the buyer into thinking this is one of the Signed Limited Cujo's.

Oh and of course it is 'authenticated' so it must be legit, right?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I have seen similar questionable offerings from this seller - passing off trade editions as limited editions and other similar tricks. Horrible.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Anybody else see this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301683621214...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I asked and he said no, there was no DJ.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Anybody else see this?

That's not a real signature. All the copies of Pet Semetary had that facsimile signature imprinted on the cover. Given its condition, it's worth about $1 at most.

John

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Yeah, i was 99% certain that was the case, i just didn't have the heart to tell him...
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Anybody else see this?

That is so ridiculous.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Hey folks. It's been a long time since I've posted. I know I've even been mentioned probably more then once on this very thread. All I can do is apologize to people I wronged and I hope you understand that I was in a really bad place in my life several years back. My health was very poor and had to sell 90% of my collection, my ex ended up stealing the rest of it. So now I'm rebuilding pretty much from scratch (and it's kind of fun!!).

However, the reason I'm posting today is because I recently came across an eBay seller that I would suggest avoiding and I think I saw mention of them elsewhere here. I bought three first editions from "ziggystar68". The first was a first of JUST AFTER SUNSET that they shipped in an envelope with little to no protection. The book arrived damaged with many bumps and dings to the edges of the cover. I let it go and asked that they package better the next time. The second book was a first of PET SEMETARY that also arrived in an envelope with very little protection. Again, the book arrived with a lot of ware and dings in the corners of the book because of shipping. The seller promised me the last book would be packaged better...a first of 11/22/63 which they DID put in a box and was very well packaged....however the book's condition was no where close to what they described in the auction listing. "Like New" apparently to this seller means a well read copy, spine warped, and ware to the cover.

This seller has a lot of King books up for sale and I would just suggest being VERY cautious with this one or just avoid them like I plan to do. http://www.ebay.com/sch/ziggystar68/...p2047675.l2562

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Jonathon! We've missed you. Welcome back.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Jonathan, it IS good to have you back. And I don't know what went on before with the people you wronged. But have you tried to make amends with them? Financial or otherwise? Apologies are only a start in most cases. There might still be some hard feelings lingering.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

As far as I know, I don't owe anyone any money (please PM me if I do!!!!), but I did several people wrong by not sending out books in a proper amount of time, and not following through with other promised things. Going through years of being sick, dealing with the death of my first partner and then going through a bad divorce....lets just say because of personal issues getting in the way, I burned some bridges very unintentionally.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought's on this signature?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like it but I'm no expert. If I saw that on eBay I would avoid it.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Terrible fake.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Agree that it is no good.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A real stinker, for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 330 of 462 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 340 380 430 ... LastLast