Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 462 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 345 395 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Wow... I told him it is fake as shit too. haha
    I think you guys are too quick to judge. There are a lot of points on this sig that make me think it's legit. It's ugly, it's rushed, it's overpriced but I also think it's real.
    Man no offence but you might be the only one... Anyone else want to chime in on this one?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you guys are too quick to judge. There are a lot of points on this sig that make me think it's legit. It's ugly, it's rushed, it's overpriced but I also think it's real.
    Man no offence but you might be the only one... Anyone else want to chime in on this one?
    Nope, he's not the only one.
    I agree with idlewarnings.... strong possibility to me as well

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Even if it's real, I wouldn't be too proud to have it in my collection. In fact, it's so ugly it would drive me nuts!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I stand by my opinion whether i'm the only one or not. I'm very confident in my ability to distinguish a real Stephen King signature from a fake one. I'm glad Cook agrees with me.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I stand by my opinion whether i'm the only one or not. I'm very confident in my ability to distinguish a real Stephen King signature from a fake one. I'm glad Cook agrees with me.
    Oh, I wasn't casting doubt on your validation abilities. I was just saying that, that is one ugly sig and I wouldn't buy it. I am no where near the expert on his sig as others are. However, I do know "ugly". LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Nope, he's not the only one.
    I agree with idlewarnings.... strong possibility to me as well
    Make that three....I agree that it is ugly and rushed looking...but I think it is legit.

I saw this on ebay before seeing the discussion here, and had no doubt this one would be questioned in this forum.

I think it likely that you just harassed a seller of a legitimate autograph.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I also think that the signature is real. But here is my personal approach to these "paparazzi attack" autographs that are signed on the run, usually in a jostling crowd, with the book held awkwardly and King trying to sign as quickly as he can to get in to a waiting car. They are not desirable to me and have no place in my collection. I will gladly wait until a book with a better example of King's signature comes along. Even if I am convinced that the signature is real there will always be a large percentage of collectors who will question the validity. There are quite a number who question the validity today and there will be a larger number (IMO) who will question it in the future if I ever wanted to sell it. It is absolutely not worth the hassle to have a book like that in my collection. I will never be personally proud of it and it likely will be difficult to sell. You have no documentation (i.e. ticket from a signing or whatever). You only have a third party's word that it is authentic.

Can you imagine trying to sell that book in 10 years and telling a potential buyer who has doubts "Yeah, well the guy I bought it from said he personally saw King sign it one day outside of CBS."

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That book would have to come at an awful steep discount before I added to my collection for all the reasons Bob just mentioned. I don't question its legitimacy, but have no interest in the headaches that would come from trying to convince others if there ever was a point when I wanted to sell it. Good luck to the seller and whoever ends up buying it.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Think the bidders realize that this auction is for the TRAYCASE only?

At $200+probably not....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Shining-...item3a989cae14
    I hope they do! I have an extra mint traycase I will sell for that price. Wish I had a list of bidders...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well the experts agree. I really thought it was not real... but I agree with you all about buying it and trying to move it down the road... You would be questioned for sure. That is the sig you want to snap a photo of him signing the book and include it with the listing! It is a brutal signature. King had such a beautiful signature back in the day didnt eh? Wish it was still that nice....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    But but the Seller says Guaranteed, i don't understand

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    But but the Seller says Guaranteed, i don't understand
    He says "title page signed by Mr. King", I believe that might be Fred King, but I could be wrong.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Someone got screwed. I called BS on that one last week.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep....that seller has been "liquidating" his forged collection for a while now. For every 1 that's real, the other 5 are fake. I wish people would do research before buying. Book thugs like this actually hurt the market.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Yep....that seller has been "liquidating" his forged collection for a while now. For every 1 that's real, the other 5 are fake. I wish people would do research before buying. Book thugs like this actually hurt the market.

Mulleins
    Ralph, is it really true that your "member" is "Gold"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this seller mistakenly believes the book is 1/750, when it is actually a trade.
    STEPHEN KING - Signed CUJO Book 1St Edition Limited 750 Only JSA COA AUTHENTIC

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Not very good at all.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty bad.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Member or not, the restrictions were either snarky, or humorous (and I missed the humor).

Edit: Someone bid $3 instead of the BIN for $5. The thing will probably sell for >$15.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 462 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 345 395 ... LastLast