Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 419 of 462 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,475 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Thoughts on this LETTER?
    The letterhead is legit and the letter copy seem reasonable, but the signature doesn't look right to me at all. Has it been verified that King's secretary would sometimes sign letters on his behalf?
    Spot on with secretary. Looks like SS's writing to me.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, that looks like Stephanie Leonard's (old secretary) version of Kings signature.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

For the new collectors on DT: Here's a great example of the wrong era signature forged in a book.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-kin...MAAOSw-4RadpGM

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    For the new collectors on DT: Here's a great example of the wrong era signature forged in a book.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-kin...MAAOSw-4RadpGM

Mulleins
    And of course there are bids on this. Ugh!

Along the Path of the Beam Terrymorton will become famous soon enough Terrymorton will become famous soon enough

Just to be clear, it's fake because it's a 2009 book with a 1990's signature correct ?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It is fake because the signature is not real.....but yes, it would appear that the forger tried to emulate a 1990s signature.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Along the Path of the Beam Starkraven7 is on a distinguished road Starkraven7's Avatar

Signature on a first edition Skeleton Crew...thoughts? https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbh6hhr11k..._5207.jpg?dl=0

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Starkraven7 View Post
    Signature on a first edition Skeleton Crew...thoughts? https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbh6hhr11k..._5207.jpg?dl=0
    I like that signature

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Good 80's signature

Mulleins

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Nice golden age signature, dated and inscribed with no personalization - I would add that to my collection without hesitation.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Along the Path of the Beam Starkraven7 is on a distinguished road Starkraven7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Agreed. Nice golden age signature, dated and inscribed with no personalization - I would add that to my collection without hesitation.
    Thanks, Ya'll. I appreciate the feedback.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, this guy is selling full on junk with everyone of his King auctions:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IT-STEPHEN-...oAAOSwbe5ag40B

Mulleins

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    I was going to ask him about his item but somehow he's disabled questions? I reported it, nonetheless, for what it's worth.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Mulleins
    It's hilarious, not one fake looks like the next, each one looks like it was done by a different forger.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that I already mentionned it a few weeks ago, but can I have some opinion on that signature?

Spoiler:
    I personally think that it's a real one, but wouldnt mind some feedback. One person asking for advice, make an interesting point : it's weird that he would sign on top while there are plenty space below the title, but... it wouldnt be the first time I guess if he was shown this page.
    No?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Typical French SK sig...

Spoiler:
    Looks legit to me.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ I guess that without the enveloppe I wouldnt trust this signature, but with the envelop it looks legit, right?

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I think that I already mentionned it a few weeks ago, but can I have some opinion on that signature?

Spoiler:
    I personally think that it's a real one, but wouldnt mind some feedback. One person asking for advice, make an interesting point : it's weird that he would sign on top while there are plenty space below the title, but... it wouldnt be the first time I guess if he was shown this page.
    No?
    It's real. All the books I got signed in Paris were signed at the top of the page as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jerome and Alan !

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Could I get some second opinions on this signature? Thank you!

Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm... I think it's good, but I'm not entirely confident (and thus would not want it in my collection - letters too cramped?). A look at the seller's inventory shows a mix of authentic and fake Kings.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't like it.

sk

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Don't like it.

sk
    Absolutely not. This is the next iteration of passable forgeries. Someone is getting better at forging this signature, but if you put this example side-by-side with any S/L, you can clearly see the difference. Do not buy this.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Hmmm... I think it's good, but I'm not entirely confident (and thus would not want it in my collection - letters too cramped?). A look at the seller's inventory shows a mix of authentic and fake Kings.
    Haha, I hadn’t looked at his other inventory, good call, that Cell sig is awful. Thanks for the second opinions everyone
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This may have been mentioned here or in other threads before, but since I'm rereading Christine right now, I think it's funny how King notes how different each signature of Arnie is when his own signature is FAR more inconsistent over the years....perhaps spanning that length of years between Arnie and LeBay. It made me smile and think of this thread anyway!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 419 of 462 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 ... LastLast