Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 462 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And what's with the pic of the back of the book with the tear/fold in the DJ? I don't even see the continuation of the cover art that goes around to the back.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If you look closely at the flaps, it doesn't look like there's a price on the dj either.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it's clearly a BCE .... it too like Salem's has an obvious DJ point that identifies it. The background cover color changes at the spine from tan on the front to green on the back. In this auction it can clearly be seen in his image of the back flap.

All the early trade editions will have the same background color on the covers. I'd be willing to bet the SL and Shining are also full size BCEs

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a BCE of The Shining and it looks EXACTLY like that.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

For anyone here considering this.....

Bag of Bones by Stephen King Signed 1st HCDJ

The "signed" bookplate does not have an original signature.

I have one of these bookplates....the signature is a reproduction.

I got mine for about $10, and in truth was hoping the signature was real...but no such luck.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    For anyone here considering this.....

Bag of Bones by Stephen King Signed 1st HCDJ

The "signed" bookplate does not have an original signature.

I have one of these bookplates....the signature is a reproduction.

I got mine for about $10, and in truth was hoping the signature was real...but no such luck.
    Good call on that one. Thanks for the heads up.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a real killer of a King signature.

I feel like cranking up the BS meter on this one.

Opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Nig...3%3A1|294%3A50

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Here's a real killer of a King signature.

I feel like cranking up the BS meter on this one.

Opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Nig...3%3A1|294%3A50

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    okay i know i don't know much about this but:

i don't like the "s" or the "g" and i don't like the way the "i" spills into the "k" with that . . . ink smear - like he was practicing or something.

i call bullshit.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Terrible.

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup - pure crapola.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not as offended by the terribly faked signature as I am by the sheer number of misspelled words in the listing.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OMG. Is this thing coming from West Virginia or Nigeria? I will say this, it was indeed autographed. It's just a shame Stephen King isn't the person who autographed it.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I am not as offended by the terribly faked signature as I am by the sheer number of misspelled words in the listing.
    you mean you don't like when it was puplished? how does that make you feal, patrick?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    you mean you don't like when it was puplished? how does that make you feal, patrick?
    Well, it was autographt.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default Beware of False Claims/Items

Beware of these so called, "Stephen King & Peter Straub TALISMAN UK Proof Set"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Pet...3A1%7C294%3A50

I made one of these up in a few minutes....

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was the initial bidder on that auction, but it went for WAY more than I was willing to pay.

I've always like copies of King's manuscripts, but that price was ridiculous!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I was the initial bidder on that auction, but it went for WAY more than I was willing to pay.

John
    It's a fake. It's just something someone printed out for themselves. That's why I put up the picture of the one I made in a few minutes.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Carlosdetweiller and I had talked about this earlier. I was willing to go about $200 (actually that was my absolute maximum), but not more. As I said, I guess I have a weakness for King manuscripts. I don't have a lot of them (and given that they are so easily copied, that's okay) but I do enjoy the ones I have. None were too expensive. I have one manuscript that has a hand-written sticky note attached from Marsha to a publisher that I'm pretty sure is genuine, but the others could very well be copies. Most of the ones I have also have (again probably copied) hand-written corrections to the text.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Pet...3A1%7C294%3A50

so how much are you selling it for?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Lady of Shadows View Post
    so how much are you selling it for?

$0.50
    100% proceeds to the Haven Foundation.

that's so fucking. . . generous. *sniffle* excuse me whilst i wipe away the tears of joy from mine eyes.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    It's a fake. It's just something someone printed out for themselves. That's why I put up the picture of the one I made in a few minutes.
    I'm not sure that it was a fake done for fraudulent purposes but it is a photocopy of a manuscript nonetheless. And it has nothing to do with the UK other than that is where the seller seems to have found it. I've got a similar item in my collection that is inscribed by King. From his inscription it seems the country of origin is a question that has arisen before. Here is an image of the first of 979 pages.

I had some e-mail exchange with the seller and she seemed interested to know more. But after I sent her this image I never heard back from her.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'm not sure that it was a fake done for fraudulent purposes but it is a photocopy of a manuscript nonetheless. And it has nothing to do with the UK other than that is where the seller seems to have found it. I've got a similar item in my collection that is inscribed by King. From his inscription it seems the country of origin is a question that has arisen before. Here is an image of the first of 979 pages.

I had some e-mail exchange with the seller and she seemed interested to know more. But after I sent her this image I never heard back from her.
    That's really interesting.

Your one has quite a lot of value because of the inscription. More so than the written word, which after all, is only a copy.

I'm not convinced that the one on ebay was a copy of a manuscript. That was the reason I printed mine out. It's spooky that mine is so similar to your picture. I literally did this in a few minutes after seeing a small image on ebay.

Nevertheless, the seller made a few bob out of it.

wait. you can make BOB. can someone send me directions or the kit or something? and which BOB are we speaking of. . . just so i'm clear exactly who i'll end up with in my home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 462 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast