Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 462 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Really bad. Pass.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    That's why I love ya, Brice.

Can't wait to hear if you get a reply!
    Here's his reply-100% MONEY BACK IF NOT HAPPY

My response (I forget my exact words...this is the general idea though)-You should have taken me up on the offer of five dollars to pull it. Now I'm reporting you for selling this fake. No five dollars for you and hopefully your auction will be pulled for you very soon. Have a nice day!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like someone named Steve S. was the book owner at one time possibly.

I have a Uncle named Steve, maybe I should get him to sign a few and then sell them on ebay...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this seller was discussed, maybe not...but what do people think of the eBay seller camelot_si. Theyu have had several signed King books up for sale. I have found some blatently fake but a few looked very legit. They have two up for sale now...was looking at the 1st edition Shining

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shining looks legit to me, but not HIA. Looking at the seller's feedback, though, Greg's (Shibus) purchased a couple of books from him.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Shining looks legit.
    Here.

I have my doubts about their copy of Hearts in Atlantis.
    Here.
    The "g" looks too big and the "Stephen", I can't put my finger on why, but it doesn't look right.

Here's a question though, did Steve have any signings during 2000 when The Shining is dated? It's a little close to his accident, so I thought the question should be asked.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Some of their signed book does look good to me too. I just don't see how the seller, if they are a serious collector, could explain owning this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320495162988

Country
    Country Flag

That sig actually doesn't look bad and the fact that the entire page is black would explain why the sig is in silver Sharpie, BUT I still think it's more fake than Pamela Anderson's breasts.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam's breasts are fake?!?!?!?!?
    Sloth Love Chunk

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Some of their signed book does look good to me too. I just don't see how the seller, if they are a serious collector, could explain owning this:
    EXACTLY! I remember seeing that one and thought sheesh! I'd really love to own a signed Shining, but I'm nervous about this seller.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    EXACTLY! I remember seeing that one and thought sheesh! I'd really love to own a signed Shining, but I'm nervous about this seller.
    Hey matey - I've just had a look through and I can't believe that Pammy's breasts are fake

As for the sigs.......I wouldn't buy from this guy.
    Calla Wolf

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Hey matey - I've just had a look through and I can't believe that Pammy's breasts are fake

As for the sigs.......I wouldn't buy from this guy.
    The Shining does look genuine enough tho....but I'd ask for a lot more photos
    Calla Wolf

My Mood
    Buzzed

THIS <----- is horrible
    Calla Wolf

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Reported.

John

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Yes, definitely.

Country
    Country Flag

It certainly looks fake to me.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default I'm learning!

I'm learning! I'm really learning! hehehe!

What about this one? I think it looks good, but I would hate to tell someone it's real and have it not be. Being that it's on a Salem's Lot so obviously affects value (a BCE Salem's Lot though, so not too much).

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    I'm learning! I'm really learning! hehehe!

What about this one? I think it looks good, but I would hate to tell someone it's real and have it not be. Being that it's on a Salem's Lot so obviously affects value (a BCE Salem's Lot though, so not too much).

I think this one could be legit but I would like to see a larger, clearer image and, preferably, one that included the entire page that the signature is on. While probably legit I have some lingering suspicion of this one.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I found a signed and dated (in the year of publication) copy of SKELETON CREW on ABE. I have long looked for such a copy. SKELETON CREW is one of the few books by King that I do not have signed.

I asked the seller for a scan of the signature and here is what I got. I know what I think but told the seller I would submit it to the group for a collective opinion.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I found a signed and dated (in the year of publication) copy of SKELETON CREW on ABE. I have long looked for such a copy. SKELETON CREW is one of the few books by King that I do not have signed.

I asked the seller for a scan of the signature and here is what I got. I know what I think but told the seller I would submit it to the group for a collective opinion.

i don't consider myself any type of expert, i always ask here before buying any signed book that is not coming from one of you. But i would say that is NOT a good sig !

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. There are too many letters in King.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

I don't like it. And this is the closest I've been able to get to YOP. I've been looking as well.

I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This is an 85 sig I have. Maybe it will help compare:

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Side by Side comparison:

Ralph
    Last edited by Room 217 Caretaker; 03-22-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Bob....Sorry, I don't like it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 462 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 156 206 ... LastLast