Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 462 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not this issue again:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Stephe...EAAOSwpaVcLWx0

SMH

Mulleins
    Not only is it "signed", it's "like new."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

SMH

Mulleins
    LOL i wrote him.. had to
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

SMH

Mulleins
    LOL i wrote him.. had to
    He has zero feedback. Surprised people are bidding on it based on that alone.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

SMH

Mulleins
    LOL i wrote him.. had to
    Its been pulled, so I think Kris must have convinced him.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

SMH

Mulleins
    LOL i wrote him.. had to
    Its been pulled, so I think Kris must have convinced him.
    was about to say when I see 0 feedback and bids I instantly assume Shill bidding but glad it was taken down.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

24 hour auction (weekend).

Crappy:

11/22/63 HAND SIGNED Stephen King First Edition Hardcover Book - NO RESERVE!

New (Other)
    $0.99
    Jan-12 18:041 bid
    Free Shipping

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

he's definatly making some bank on his signed copies

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    24 hour auction (weekend).

Crappy:

11/22/63 HAND SIGNED Stephen King First Edition Hardcover Book - NO RESERVE!

New (Other)
    $0.99
    Jan-12 18:041 bid
    Free Shipping
    Reported - for what it's worth.

sk

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just had a wonderful exchange regarding THIS gem on ebay. Check out the diatribe that follows after I sent the seller a message:

"Wow!!! Weill I have to tell you that is not true !!. I met Stephen King on the train into NY from CT in 1984. He was actually sitting next to me and I didn't even look at him when he took a seat. Not soon after, he asked me how I liked the book and I told him it was great but I was only half way through. He introduced himself and offered to sign my book because it was my birthday, and I was upset that my employer wouldn't give me the day off. He offered to sign my book as a birthday present and no, it was not this one but an earlier one without the dustjacket. We did not exchange numbers or anything , I was young and married and he was just a genuinely nice guy. After that and for the next ten years or so, whenever I was in the city for work I would try to attend a book signing if there was one. I have over 35 hardcovers and about 20 softcovers of his work.

I've been a power seller for 18 years and have never been accused of anything even remotely close to fraud.. I'm sorry are such a pessimistic, doubtful person but the truth is the truth. I wish you well and hope you will someday have the ability to believe that not all people are bag. Believe me when I tell you I've been ripped off in the past. I know what some people are capable of. But, that is not me.

I will send this in to PSA to have it graded and permanently identified for the book that it is. You, need to know that it is NEVER ok to question a seller's integrity, especially one such as I, with 18 years of PERFECT feedback and service.

Have a good weekend. Ellie
    "

After I responded, I received this concerning follow-up...

"Are you threatened in some way by my listings? I just viewed the Firestarter you have listed and laughed. Mr. King never signed his signature like that, in, fact he told me that he purposely does a couple of things when he signs.(I WON'T share that knowledge with you) However, you have an early 1980 book and signatures change sometimes, especially if you are on a train rather than at a book signing., etc. If I was in the habit of selling fake signed books then how do you explain my entire 18 year history??? EBAY requires that you "be respectful at all times". You were not respectful with your message accusing me of fraud. So this is your first reprimand. Please don't do it again or I will have to report you for your tone and accusations. Don't contact me again. Have a great life and learn to live positively and not negatively!!!"

Looking forward to my second reprimand from Ellie...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Just had a wonderful exchange regarding THIS gem on ebay. Check out the diatribe that follows after I sent the seller a message:

"Wow!!! Weill I have to tell you that is not true !!. I met Stephen King on the train into NY from CT in 1984. He was actually sitting next to me and I didn't even look at him when he took a seat. Not soon after, he asked me how I liked the book and I told him it was great but I was only half way through. He introduced himself and offered to sign my book because it was my birthday, and I was upset that my employer wouldn't give me the day off. He offered to sign my book as a birthday present and no, it was not this one but an earlier one without the dustjacket. We did not exchange numbers or anything , I was young and married and he was just a genuinely nice guy. After that and for the next ten years or so, whenever I was in the city for work I would try to attend a book signing if there was one. I have over 35 hardcovers and about 20 softcovers of his work.

I've been a power seller for 18 years and have never been accused of anything even remotely close to fraud.. I'm sorry are such a pessimistic, doubtful person but the truth is the truth. I wish you well and hope you will someday have the ability to believe that not all people are bag. Believe me when I tell you I've been ripped off in the past. I know what some people are capable of. But, that is not me.

I will send this in to PSA to have it graded and permanently identified for the book that it is. You, need to know that it is NEVER ok to question a seller's integrity, especially one such as I, with 18 years of PERFECT feedback and service.

"

Maybe share your thoughts with "Ellie," as well.
    I am fairly certain that Steephen signed this.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

"

After I responded, I received this concerning follow-up...

"Are you threatened in some way by my listings? I just viewed the Firestarter you have listed and laughed. Mr. King never signed his signature like that, in, fact he told me that he purposely does a couple of things when he signs.(I WON'T share that knowledge with you) However, you have an early 1980 book and signatures change sometimes, especially if you are on a train rather than at a book signing., etc. If I was in the habit of selling fake signed books then how do you explain my entire 18 year history??? EBAY requires that you "be respectful at all times". You were not respectful with your message accusing me of fraud. So this is your first reprimand. Please don't do it again or I will have to report you for your tone and accusations. Don't contact me again. Have a great life and learn to live positively and not negatively!!!"

Looking forward to my second reprimand from Ellie...
    She sounds delightful! 😂😂 deluded... but delightful 😂😂😂
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You never know who you will meet on public transit. That's why I avoid public transit as much as possible.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Post a link Colin so we can have some fun. Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Link is in original post, Kris.

Country
    Country Flag

www.ebay.com/The-Dark-Half-by-Stephen-King-1989-HC-DJ-1s-edition-1st-printing-mint-MINT

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

www.ebay.com/The-Dark-Half-by-Stephen-King-1989-HC-DJ-1s-edition-1st-printing-mint-MINT
    The listing has ended ‘due to an error’. I wonder if this is the same ‘error’ that Colin politely pointed out already 🤔😂😂
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Looks like it has been taken down now....
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Traveler Gabriel76 will become famous soon enough

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and also to collecting Stephen King (in fact, I bought my first signed King, a paperback The Dead Zone, to forum member OneFathom just last month!)

Although I follow this post with great interest, I am no expert in Stephen King autographs (yet!), so I would be very thankful if you could give me an opinion on these two items:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/THE-SHINING-...AAAOSwkelcRJTC

https://www.ebay.es/itm/Stephen-King...72.m2749.l2649

I'd say the first is not legit (although who would take the time to stick a fake cut-in in a book??) and the second one is (I hope so, because it was my second King purchase!)

Thank you to those who answer and a big hello to eveyone from Spain!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel76 View Post
    Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and also to collecting Stephen King (in fact, I bought my first signed King, a paperback The Dead Zone, to forum member OneFathom just last month!)

Although I follow this post with great interest, I am no expert in Stephen King autographs (yet!), so I would be very thankful if you could give me an opinion on these two items:

I'd say the first is not legit (although who would take the time to stick a fake cut-in in a book??) and the second one is (I hope so, because it was my second King purchase!)

Welcome to the forum!

And I think you're right on the money: The Shining is a fugazi; The Lisey's is bueno. Congrats on the purchase (for a nice price, too!)...

Thank you very much for your quick response and warm welcome! It seems Stephen King's fans are some of the kindest around. Regards!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel76 View Post

Welcome to the forum!

And I think you're right on the money: The Shining is a fugazi; The Lisey's is bueno. Congrats on the purchase (for a nice price, too!)...
    Welcome, Gabriel.

I agree with you both. The Shining is a stinker. Nice job with the Lisey's Story.

Thank you Br!an!!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure this guy has been brought to the attention of this community before, but greyfell_art_and_books is peddling a bunch of garbage. Also the maker of all those horrible slipcases with the original King covers superimposed to the front.

The latest offering is this copy of Wizard and Glass (Viking).

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure this guy has been brought to the attention of this community before, but greyfell_art_and_books is peddling a bunch of garbage. Also the maker of all those horrible slipcases with the original King covers superimposed to the front.

Not to mention he is a total asshole. Do not deal with him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Not to mention he is a total asshole. Do not deal with him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Also the “provenance” paragraph at the bottom of the listing is pretty much pointless babble. “This is the technique I use and by the time you finish reading all this crap, you will hopefully miss the fact that I never say that it ever worked with Stephen King or this book in particular”
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 462 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 ... LastLast