Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 462 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm calling this auction out for the folllowing reasons:
    • They imply that King's inscription is
      possibly to the young singer, Jewel:
      Jewel would have been 17 years old on 1/26/92. She was living in her van, playing at small cafes in Southern California and was > 2 years away from her debut album in 1995.
    • The picture of the book spine appears to be not from a 1st edition Misery. It is unclear if that is the the "elaborate slipcase".
    I am not saying the signature is fake.

STEPHEN KING Misery INSCRIBED FIRST EDITION

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That is SOME slipcase! I don't know if the signature is genuine or not. For that price, I hope it is!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Most of the judges have already voted to set your meter at 10. Let's open it up to rest of the DT Team for judging.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I am going to ask him/her if they would incribe a book 'to Jerome' before I cast my vote.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm calling this auction out for the folllowing reasons:
    • They imply that King's inscription is
      possibly to the young singer, Jewel:
      Jewel would have been 17 years old on 1/26/92. She was living in her van, playing at small cafes in Southern California and was > 2 years away from her debut album in 1995.
    • The picture of the book spine appears to be not from a 1st edition Misery. It is unclear if that is the the "elaborate slipcase".
    I am not saying the signature is fake.

STEPHEN KING Misery INSCRIBED FIRST EDITION

If it is real, it's probably just to some other California kid with an uncommon name. Now if it were inscribed to "Moon Unit"...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Not King related...but I know the legendary Tim Miller's Flatsigned has its share of non-fans around here who will appreicate this...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...4081ford1.html

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Not King related...but I know the legendary Tim Miller's Flatsigned has its share of non-fans around here who will appreicate this...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...4081ford1.html
    "Now that he's flat-lined, you go to flatsigned.com."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Americans... sueing for everything... (even if may be fair..)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Americans... sueing for everything... (even if may be fair..)

Yeah, that's us Americans all right! Nobody ever seems to want to take responsibility for their own actions these days. It's always someone else's fault. Well, step up people...sometimes bad sh*! happens to you and you just have to choke it down.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't undestand a thing. :S
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

unfortunately... I willing to bet that miller wins this one.
    thinking positive ....perhaps if he he wins the 4 million, he'll have enough that he can quit bilking people on ebay....
    ooooh better be careful... he might sue me...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I know, that's kind of what's lame...he's actually in the right...oh well...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, meggmopp. Did you want an evaluation of the signature? (This IS the "fakes" thread!) Or would you rather have posted this in the My Latest thread?

John

Traveler meggmopp is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi John,
    I pulled a noob move, I think. (i hope) mybad
    I will find the My Latest thread & check it out.
    Thanks.
    Shine on - you crazy diamond

This is so funny...read about halfway down the story where Tim Miller says they had "record-breaking" website hits before the Imus ads, and zero after...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/25/imu...uit/index.html

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

GI Joe Crystal Ball

Supposedly:
    Legend has it that famous horror author Stephen King is connected to this figure. Depending on how the story is told, either he or his son, Owen, (who was a big G.I.Joe fan and who was the namesake for Sneak Peek) created Crystal Ball and wrote the filecard.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This person has 3 books up, including one with a COA from Cures for Cancer (Who are they?).
    STEPHEN KING DESPERATION SIGNED</IMG>
    INSOMNIA by STEPHEN KING SIGNED</IMG>
    ROSE MADDER BY STEPHEN KING SIGNED
    This signature looks wrong to me.
    Thoughts?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts?
    My thoughts are it's ugly...and fake.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Skfakes have already pronounced them as fakes.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This person has 3 books up, including one with a COA from Cures for Cancer (Who are they?).

Thoughts?
    I saw these the other day. They are all fakes in my opinion.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

Thoughts?
    I saw these the other day. They are all fakes in my opinion.

I was looking these items too...
    You have siad that are wrong..and I believe you
    ...but can you help me to understand why??

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out the King Catalog, look at the signed limiteds, and view numerous examples of legitimate signatures. There are subtle but discernable differences.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mindhunterusa somehow rings a bell with me--negatively. I can't see the signature well enough to comment on it, but I personally would avoid it. I wish I could remember more details about that seller.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

I think it is quite possibly legit. It looks like one of those papparazzi style things where King gets ambushed leaving a TV studio appearance, gets a lot of books jammed at him and he tries to sign real fast with someone else holding the book perhaps at an odd angle.

But, as John said, I would avoid it too. Who would want that signature in their collection when better examples will be sure to come along? And, I'm not 100% sure it is legit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 462 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast