Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 359 of 462 FirstFirst ... 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 409 459 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys was just going through my shelves and remembered I had some questionable signatures that I would like your opinion on. I know 1 and 2 are fake but what do you think of the rest?

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I DO NOT like that 'Stephen King' signature one bit. It's full of pen lifts and hesitations. To me, it screams fake!

It also looks like the seller has scrubbed out the previous owner's name on the endpapers with a scouring pad or industrial strength sandpaper! The end result looks absolutely shit!!!

The fact that the seller is charging $1,400 for this is a joke.

Right, where to begin....

There is hesitation and 'criminal tremor' on the 'S' as it loops down.

There is hesitation and a pen lift on the 'T' as it goes down to the start of the 'E'.

Different pressure has been used on the 'E', to the point that it looks as if it was slowly added to the signature afterwards.

There is hesitation and a pen lift at the top of the 'P' as it reaches the loop.

Too much pressure on the vertical line of the 'K' resulting in 'criminal tremor'.

Hesitation resulting in 'criminal tremor' and two different pressures used in the bottom diagonal part of the 'K'.

The 'G' looks forced and too much pressure used in the vertical line leading to the bottom loop.

There is hesitation and pen lift on the top loop of the 'G'.

Different pressure has been used on the bottom loop of the 'G', to the point that it looks as if it was slowly added to the signature afterwards.

My bullshit-o-meter is off the radar on this one....
    Holding this signature next to the signature from Bob's photo dated April 16, I see a lot of similarities in the features. Could someone have traced a legitimate signature? I guess. I would have to see it in person to make the call.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Hey guys was just going through my shelves and remembered I had some questionable signatures that I would like your opinion on. I know 1 and 2 are fake but what do you think of the rest?

All of them are fake.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

Unfortunately, I think 3, 4 and 5 were done by the same person and are all phony. 6 is the only one I have any hope for. Curious to see what others think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe the ebay flatsigned Carrie signature is legit.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I believe the ebay flatsigned Carrie signature is legit.
    I agree. Signature is consistant with the period. Back then his signature is a lot more deliberate and measured.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered The Stand
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking the samr thing. I assumed all were fake but didn't know. My hopes were around 5 and 6 and thats all. You wont hurt my feelings any, we were all amatures at one point lol

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I think it was all new to him and he had yet to develop a consistent style.
    That's a very valid point, especially as we have seen so many different version over the last posts out of this area (74/75) I still can't say that I don't have doubts in that one. It's a steal for 1400 if legit, but I would not wanna have it. When comparing to the two 74' carries , it just doesn't have that confidence in knowing how to write the own name as the two shown. Beside that I see most of the points T-Dogz mentioned above, even if not all.

Can be a bargain, but for me it's a coin flip

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I stand corrected if you've seen earlier authentic signatures which look like this. Earliest I've seen is a 1974 signature (somewhere on this forum, I think) , and The "G" is noticeably different - the "ball" on the "g" came later I think. If this is an earlier signature, the signer has tried to mimic his later style "G", IMO. I also don't like th "K".
    Interesting discussion. I'm really on the fence with this one. I am having some doubts and I am starting to be concerned with the size of the signature. As to the "ball" of the "g" I think it goes back much further than we might think. But it seems to be intermittent until much later when it became constant. Here is a copy of MOTH presumably signed in 1970 where he sort of tries to make a ball.

And then here are two copies of Carrie with signatures one day apart....one with a "ball" and one without.

I think there is enough doubt and possible red flags to stay away from this one but I am not 100% convinced it is fake.
    Ok, this is a fascinating discussion. Looking at all these photos, my theory about the "G" is blown. It could be legit, I now have no idea.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post

Holding this signature next to the signature from Bob's photo dated April 16, I see a lot of similarities in the features. Could someone have traced a legitimate signature? I guess. I would have to see it in person to make the call.

In Bob's photo dated April 16, you can see that the signature is fluid and the ink applied evenly. In the eBay flatsigned Carrie, the signature is neither fluid or even.

A legitimate signature is written in one fluid movement and it does not contain uneven pressure, hesitation, unwarranted pen lifts or the phenomena known as 'criminal tremor'.

The flatsigned Carrie contains all of these 'tells'. No fewer than 9 in fact.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3 signed books from the same seller. Thoughts ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?ssPag...usfan1&_sop=10

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

What are your thoughts?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<----------------Wants Blaze to be legit, but I must rate it as neutral. Can not endorse, nor refute.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What are your thoughts?
    I'm far from being expert, but I would say that maybe The Talisman is legit. However, starting auction for REAL signed King at $0.99 no reserve looks suspicious to me

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

What are your thoughts?
    I'm far from being expert, but I would say that maybe The Talisman is legit. However, starting auction for REAL signed King at $0.99 no reserve looks suspicious to me
    I think the images are all substandard and would like to see better, clearer ones. However, from what I can see I think they are all OK.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From my perspective, both King signatures are absolutely legit.

Can't speak for Collins...no experience/expertise with hers.

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

Blaze looks ok, but Collins is a definite forgery.

My Mood
    Stressed

What are your thoughts?

I think the images are all substandard and would like to see better, clearer ones. However, from what I can see I think they are all OK.
    Just my own personal opinion, but I feel that I can also tell 100% more definitively when I see the signature in person. King likes to use a particular kind of pen (gel pen?) that emphasize pressure points in his signature. Harder to tell from a photo.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered The Stand
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting that he pulled the Collins book.

I wonder if he's reading this?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What are your thoughts?
    I don’t like any of them. On the Talisman my concerns are the ‘h’, ‘I’, and the ‘g’.

On the ‘h’ I can’t find a legit example like this one. The stroke coming off of the ’p’ staying to the left of the down stroke. It is a completely unnatural flow from the usual up stroke into a counterclockwise down stroke.

On the ‘I’ almost all of the confirmed signature have a dot not a dash.

On the ‘g’ I have not seen the stroke coming off of the ‘n’ going thru the top loop of the ‘g’ like that.

I am no expert so those are just my opinions
    “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
    — Roland Deschain

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

What are your thoughts?
    I believe them all to be legit...and the prices they fetched indicate that as well. I think the buyer on the Blaze got a pretty good deal......but it did not go cheap.

THIS is a signed copy of Cell that the same seller sold...also legit IMO.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on this signature? I think that it's good, but the slant of the signature is throwing me a bit. Thanks for any help!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIGHTMARES-D...MAAOSwL7VWkA-d

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Any thoughts on this signature? I think that it's good, but the slant of the signature is throwing me a bit. Thanks for any help!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIGHTMARES-D...MAAOSwL7VWkA-d
    Looks fantastic. Legitimate King signature right there.

Agree. It is a nice example.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 359 of 462 FirstFirst ... 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 409 459 ... LastLast