Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 346 of 462 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336 344 345 346 347 348 356 396 446 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

??

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha! I just come here to ask the same question on the same signature. I'm not a fan but could be wrong.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Ha! I just come here to ask the same question on the same signature. I'm not a fan but could be wrong.
    Me too but I'm not expert... Half price books ?? Com'on

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're not wrong: terrible forgery.

sk

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Me too but I'm not expert... Half price books ?? Com'on
    ha I sold one the other day to HPB that may or may have not been real, I could not tell. I didn't like having the questionability of it on my shelves so I just let HPB check it to see if the liked it enough for their shelves. They spent an HOUR going through signatures here at mine and checking it to finally say that they thought it was real. That being said, I have seen blatant forgeries for sale at HPB but I was happy they took the time to actually check the signature enough to compare it.
    I still will not just accept signatures that they offer as being real at face value, I always do my homework before I ever buy anything off of their limited shelf.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I still will not just accept signatures that they offer as being real at face value, I always do my homework before I ever buy anything off of their limited shelf.
    Solid advice. And not just for HPB. That goes for anywhere. Even the experts can make mistakes from time to time. It is up to each buyer to do their own homework.

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it says King's signature and isn't Paypal will get you a refund.
    Last month I posted 5 signatures here and asked if they were real. Consensus was 2 were fake.....The Dark Half + Dolores Claiborne. It was upsetting and I removed them from the bookcase.
    From the advice I got here, I guess we all get burnt and we learn. HOWEVER I was pissed, at myself for being fooled and being out the money. So I wrote the seller....twice....no reply.
    This morning I called Paypal and they said sorry its over 180 days we can't do anything. I asked for there supervisor.....told my story....she got her supervisor and they refunded half. SWEET. I bought these over 180 days ago. Had it been within the 180 days they would have give 100% + shipping back. Paypal has never dissapointed me.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! Sometimes a gentle tenacity works quite nicely! Glad that you got SOME money back!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will eventually write FAKE next to the signature and give it to Goodwill. But for awhile it is a good remember-when sitting on a bottom shelf next to the waste basket. I learnt from this.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I have purchased one (known) forgery.

I was able, with the help of members here, to determine that it was a forgery. I was a little quicker than you. I was able to return it to the eBay seller and get a refund. Shortly after that he was banned, and I believe prosecuted or at least investigated.

There is a definite learning curve. Having access to the collective knowledge of the members of this site is invaluable.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Having access to the collective knowledge of the members of this site is invaluable.

Keep that in mind when/if I do a fundraiser to keep the site ad free.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Having access to the collective knowledge of the members of this site is invaluable.

Keep that in mind when/if I do a fundraiser to keep the site ad free.
    I'm there!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

??
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Ha! I just came here to ask the same question on the same signature. I'm not a fan but could be wrong.
    You're not wrong: terrible forgery.

sk
    I am on the fence on this...but leaning toward legit.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks wrong to me.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I am on the fence on this...but leaning toward legit.
    I thought legit too when I first glanced at it. I wouldn't buy it because I am not entirely sure but I lean towards legit also.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I looked at numerous King inscriptions focusing only on the word "wishes". It's very odd looking.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's certainly a tough one. Something does feel 'off' about it. This would a one I'd have to see in person to consider...
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

not sure.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so sick of this same seller trying to pass off shit signatures. I report all of his/her listings.........every time.

Below is a CURRENT list of this Seller's SHIT SHOW active on eBay. Please help.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/antiqueshere...p2047675.l2562

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    I am so sick of this same seller trying to pass off shit signatures. I report all of his/her listings.........every time.

I took the time to report all of them.

Along the Path of the Beam DanaR will become famous soon enough DanaR's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

I'm no expert, but after taking a quick glance at a few of the "King" signatures, even I could tell they were fake.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow that sucks. Send it back

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    OUCH. i am glad i did not bid on them!! the price was too good to be true!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 346 of 462 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336 344 345 346 347 348 356 396 446 ... LastLast