Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 462 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 350 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No Good.
    Never saw a small "s" in his sig before either.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

At the risk of annoying another member.......... I will take the stand as saying I do not believe it legit. I would not have it.

FYI: If I recall properly that is a pic taken by Amy Guip...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

NO!
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    At the risk of annoying another member.......... I will take the stand as saying I do not believe it legit. I would not have it.

FYI: If I recall properly that is a pic taken by Amy Guip...
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    No Good.
    Never saw a small "s" in his sig before either.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I don't think it is legit either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I don't like it.

John
    Cosign
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I don't like it.

John
    Thanks guys ! Unanimously

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Is this legit?? Definitely overpriced, if that's the case.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Horror-Ficti...item3f29695b0c
    I think it is legit.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Actually, if you asked my opinion, I would say it is legit. That's not what I was disagreeing with.
    I was challenging your statement that many people on here haven't acquired signatures outside of
    events and hadn't obtained recent signatures.
    What he said

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    So basically, "redsoxfan" can't win this argument.
    As far as provenance goes... what do you suggest? Short of someone snapping a picture of you while King is signing your book, there is no provenance IMO.
    But also what he said. If I were in the business of selling autographs I would make a point of resolving the provenance issue. I mentioned before you could have someone shadow you and his sole job is snapping picture after picture of him signing. Im not sure where the idea came from that King did not like his picture taken. Every event, meet and greet etc Ive been to he doesnt seem to have a problem with it at all (though the handlers demand the flash be turned off). Regardless, there are some sigs that are just too butt ugly to own whether they are legit or not. Here's one I obtained at the Rock Bottom event. Im ok with it in my collection because I watched him sign it but I would never touch this with a fifty foot pole if it was being offered for sale no matter what provenance was included.

reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's the forgeries market. All you have to do is add a disclaimer.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

ebay's policies actually forbid such disclaimers, but unless several people complain the fraudsters persist.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Reported.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Reported.
    Me too.

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, WeDealInLead
    How I report on a seller's forgeries on eBay? I've found one villain who faked Umberto Eco (am fan of him too) sig.
    I suggest here that when a seller tries to sell a fake signature on eBay - at least 5 members (we can choose a loyal team to do that) would report on him to eBay management, at least this would somehow decrease the tsunamy of fake sigs that kills our collecting hobby.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I also reported that one and the Insomnia one, the guy is a jerk and deserves to be shut down, all this "possibly signed" business is very tacky

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Tommy,
    No, not shut down, but shot down!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I reported him too.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I reported his books. If ~5-10 people helped out and reported the item(s), he would probably stop (for a brief time). Still adds to his grief

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I reported them as well.
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reported x 2

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mosheprigan View Post
    Brian, WeDealInLead
    How I report on a seller's forgeries on eBay? I've found one villain who faked Umberto Eco (am fan of him too) sig.
    I suggest here that when a seller tries to sell a fake signature on eBay - at least 5 members (we can choose a loyal team to do that) would report on him to eBay management, at least this would somehow decrease the tsunamy of fake sigs that kills our collecting hobby.
    Look on the lower right of the title section of the ad, before the description. There will be a link to print and a link report an item. Click "Report and item." Select "Copyright and trademark" then "Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer" then "Counterfeit, fake, or replica items." You will then be able to give a brief description of the problem.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mosheprigan View Post
    Brian, WeDealInLead
    Look on the lower right of the title section of the ad, before the description. There will be a link to print and a link report an item. Click "Report and item." Select "Copyright and trademark" then "Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer" then "Counterfeit, fake, or replica items." You will then be able to give a brief description of the problem.
    Thanks for the instructions Brian ... My name can now be added to the list of reportees ...
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Visual tutorial:
    In the first image the red arrow and circle show where the "Report an item" is located.
    The second image shows the proper drop-down box selection.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian & Randall Flagg
    Thank you for the very helpful instructions.
    We MUST fight constantly those villains that simply kill our dear hobby. eBay has become a so dangerous place to get in due to their sabotage.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I reported it too. I get tired of these people.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Reported. I emailed the seller a few days ago, telling him it was a fake. This was his response...

"Dear sir,
    I agree. Personally, I don't believe the signature is authentic.
    If you read the lengthy description I wrote, you would already know this.
    However, the professionals who I paid to authenticate this signature,
    disagree with us and their determination is inconclusive. They, along with
    the antiquarian book seller I purchased this book from, believe the
    signature to be genuine and/or can't say with 100% certainty whether it is
    or is not authentic. For that reason, I am selling this book but have gone
    to great lengths to fully articulate how I do not think the signature is
    genuine. I would urge anyone interested in this book to actually read what
    I wrote and then make their own determination. I appreciate your message
    and do applaud you for taking the initiative to write me with your
    thoughts/opinion."

Hopefully he gets banned soon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 462 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 350 ... LastLast