Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 462 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    this seller has been selling fakes for some time now and is the champion of recent Stephen King forgeries by volume.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/cecman2003

I try to report all.
    see, this kind of shit pisses me off. i am trying to save up to afford a signed rose madder or bag of bones and this fucktard comes along and probably signes his own copy of rose madder and puts it out there. and thinks that because he puts that fucking "disclaimer" on the listing that makes it okay?

i reported every single item and had a little chat session with an ebay rep.

yeah, i'm a vindictive bitch!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    this seller has been selling fakes for some time now and is the champion of recent Stephen King forgeries by volume.

I try to report all.
    see, this kind of shit pisses me off. i am trying to save up to afford a signed rose madder or bag of bones and this fucktard comes along and probably signes his own copy of rose madder and puts it out there. and thinks that because he puts that fucking "disclaimer" on the listing that makes it okay?

This current batch came from some guy's ex-wife, I remember about a month ago it was from a local book dealer. He's sold about five copies of each title, so I'm fairly confident if his collection was that large, we'd know who he is, no?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Actually, you're doing the right thing and being a responsible collector.

I swear, I'm scared to death to buy some stuff off eBay because I'm so unsure.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Ah. I thought the "King" looked kind of suspect.
    Thanks for the advice, folks.
    What do you think a fair asking price would be?
    Well, just by itself, I don't think the flyer would be worth more than $50 or so. IIRC, they were sent to people on the waiting list for signatures from King's office. In order to get rid of the backlog King sent everyone on the waiting list a first edition of BLACK HOUSE. Inside each book was a letter from King explaining what he was doing and the flyer with the signature.

At least that is the way I remember it. I was not on the waiting list so I didn't get one first hand but I did buy a set (book, letter, signed flyer) on eBay.
    Well I bit the bullet and bought this. I paid too much ($117 shipped), but I wanted it.

There are two versions of this piece.

One is "bookmark-shaped" and one is "postcard-shaped"

I now have both.

You are correct Bob in that there was a copy of Black House and a letter that came with this. About a year ago, a guy on ebay had just the letter and book for sale (he did not have the signed card), and he assured me the letter had an original signature. Well, when it arrived, I could clearly see the letter did not contain an original signature, and after several emails, I was able to convice him and got my money back.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

One is "bookmark-shaped" and one is "postcard-shaped".

I now have both.
    Congratulations! I did not know about the two versions. Thanks for pointing that out.

My copy of BLACK HOUSE has the "bookmark-shaped" version. Do you know how King distributed the "postcard-shaped" version and to whom?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I try to report all.

Hey turtlesong, I have a signed copy of Bag of Bones for sale. Check out my signature. I would even take payments as long as you promise not to be a vindictive bitch to me!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

One is "bookmark-shaped" and one is "postcard-shaped".

I now have both.
    Congratulations! I did not know about the two versions. Thanks for pointing that out.

My copy of BLACK HOUSE has the "bookmark-shaped" version. Do you know how King distributed the "postcard-shaped" version and to whom?
    I do not.

As far as I can tell, they are identical in wording and images. They only differ in size.

I have never seen another "postcard-shaped" version like this, so that's why I was willing to pay a little more for it. I have seen three or four of the "bookmark-shaped" versions on ebay in the last year or so.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

I try to report all.

Hey turtlesong, I have a signed copy of Bag of Bones for sale. Check out my signature. I would even take payments as long as you promise not to be a vindictive bitch to me!

I am a vindictive bitch to everyone! a vindictive turtlebear bitch to be precise!
    payments you say? (oops, did that slip out?) let me speaketh with my better half and see what he has to say.

::wanders away eating cookies and grumbling - unless he wants to sleep on the couch he better KNOW what to say Mr."I now own three mustangs"::

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default $325 hunk of junk

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup. Reported

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

somebody actually bought that p.o.s. using buy it now.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That sucks.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Yup, gotta agree

By the way folks, I am alive and WELL. I know some of you guys have been asking after me (and I genuinely love ya for it) but my nightmares are fiscal, not health. Fighting to repel boarders at the moment, though mortgage is taking front of stage.

And gsvec - I think your "signature" of your father is inspired and very touching.
    Calla Wolf

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Ceri. I've missed ya!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Well, MY life is complete. All that has gone before was merely a prelude to the momentous event of today. It appears I have made Tim Miller's (flatsigned.com) mailing list!

A short while ago I received, in my e-mail inbox, TIM MILLER'S FLATSIGNED HOT SHEET. The disclaimer identifies ME as a "FlatSigned Customer or Subscriber." WTF?

In the current issue, which promises "weekly updates on Closing FlatSigned Book Auctions for Avid Collectors," he offers up a later printing of Harper Lee's TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, signed by Barack Obama. I kid you not. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Barack-Obama-SIG...QQcmdZViewItem

Is anyone else as confused as to Obama's connection to this book as I am?

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm....

Too bad we can't tell who those two bidders are or we could email them and ask, cuz I don't get it either!!

Oh, and congrats on being added to the best mailing list of all times!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

$4550 and the reserve not met is a lot of money! I can't figure out the attraction either.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The book deals with Race issues and Obama is of African American descent.
    Still, it adds no value in my eyes.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Um ... that's weird. Just saying.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

Never guess what I found in my spam folder - Flatsigned's newsletter! Although I'm honored to be considered in a class with Bob, I could've lived without this one. How on earth did I get on the list?

Well, MY life is complete. All that has gone before was merely a prelude to the momentous event of today. It appears I have made Tim Miller's (flatsigned.com) mailing list!

A short while ago I received, in my e-mail inbox, TIM MILLER'S FLATSIGNED HOT SHEET. The disclaimer identifies ME as a "FlatSigned Customer or Subscriber." WTF?

In the current issue, which promises "weekly updates on Closing FlatSigned Book Auctions for Avid Collectors," he offers up a later printing of Harper Lee's TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, signed by Barack Obama. I kid you not. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Barack-Obama-SIG...QQcmdZViewItem

wow. i am jealous of your obvious importance to the collecting world. YOU are a FlatSigned Customer/Subscriber! ::swoons:: will you die happy now?

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was wondering if anyone else got that email. I too somehow managed to get on that list, though i never recall signing up for any such thing from Flatsigned !!

I too wondered about the Obama signed To Kill a Mckingbird, i knew race was a issue of the book, but still kind of a stretch !!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yeah, I get that. It just seems almost demeaning to have asked him to sign it. I mean, I can't see Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, etc. signing that book, knowing that the only reason they were asked to sign it is because they were Black. I wonder if Obama even looked at what he was being asked to sign? No way of knowing, of course, just something I am wondering about. Would Obama feel honored if I asked him to sign my copy of ROOTS? I guess I just don't like Tim Miller and like to find faults with his books.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yeah, I get that. It just seems almost demeaning to have asked him to sign it. I mean, I can't see Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, etc. signing that book, knowing that the only reason they were asked to sign it is because they were Black. I wonder if Obama even looked at what he was being asked to sign? No way of knowing, of course, just something I am wondering about. Would Obama feel honored if I asked him to sign my copy of ROOTS? I guess I just don't like Tim Miller and like to find faults with his books.
    Assuming Obama did sign it

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here I was feeling left out so I checked my spam folder and there was the Flatsigned newsletter. I KNOW I've never dealt with them. I left it in the folder.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 462 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast