Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 462 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,725 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    LAUGHABLE. A full complete set when this is all said and done... I believe will only be worth a bit more than cover price. Im just getting it for the art, my number, and the cool extras that are being printed for the first time ever
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it even legal to sell items on ebay that are not even available yet? Even if the price was reasonable, I would not touch that with a 10 ft pole, by the time you find out if the seller will honer the deal, your window to file a claim is long gone.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Is it even legal to sell items on ebay that are not even available yet? Even if the price was reasonable, I would not touch that with a 10 ft pole, by the time you find out if the seller will honer the deal, your window to file a claim is long gone.

Legal is different than policy. ebay's policy is that auctions can not be for "future" items. It's rarely policed, and you are correct that claim options are time bound.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

If you want to list presale items, you must meet all of the following criteria:
    • Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.
    • Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.
    • The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing.
    Make sure your listing follows these guidelines. If it doesn't, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

I don't usually post in eBay BS thread, and it may have been discussed prior, but the book/proof auction here is just wrong. The first 2 photos that show Steve's signature on the title page is thin, in black ink, slanted at 45 degrees and is completely contained in the space between "A Bui" in the title "A Buick 8".

You can also see the number line from the verso of the page and the "g" in King's signature finishes approximately in the middle of the sequence: 9.

Now, when you look at the next picture, the copyright page, you can clearly see the impression of Stephen's signature from the preceding side and it is in blue ink, thicker, straight, and finishes just past the big "8". I am not saying the signature is fake, but the signature on the title page is NOT the same book as the copyright page is showing in this auction. That background is black, and all the remaining photos are from a white table and a cherry wooden table.

I think you will find that whoever wins this auction, you will receive a fake signed book and a nice proof. That is all I have to say. I hope it helps someone save their money.

Gerald

SIGNED 1ST EDITION HC 'FROM A BUICK 8' BY STEPHEN KING + MATCHING ARC / PROOF

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know this seller, but they have 100% positive feedback. Still, I call bullshit on this... What do others think?

**SIGNED** Stephen King IT (First Edition, 1st Print) Viking. Hardback Book 1986

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I don't know this seller, but they have 100% positive feedback. Still, I call bullshit on this... What do others think?

**SIGNED** Stephen King IT (First Edition, 1st Print) Viking. Hardback Book 1986
    Forgery

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Even if it was real, its not worth a 4th of the asking price.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Garbage.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Hi,

I don't usually post in eBay BS thread, and it may have been discussed prior, but the book/proof auction here is just wrong. The first 2 photos that show Steve's signature on the title page is thin, in black ink, slanted at 45 degrees and is completely contained in the space between "A Bui" in the title "A Buick 8".

You can also see the number line from the verso of the page and the "g" in King's signature finishes approximately in the middle of the sequence: 9.

Now, when you look at the next picture, the copyright page, you can clearly see the impression of Stephen's signature from the preceding side and it is in blue ink, thicker, straight, and finishes just past the big "8". I am not saying the signature is fake, but the signature on the title page is NOT the same book as the copyright page is showing in this auction. That background is black, and all the remaining photos are from a white table and a cherry wooden table.

I think you will find that whoever wins this auction, you will receive a fake signed book and a nice proof. That is all I have to say. I hope it helps someone save their money.

Gerald

I can't see what your referring to with the verso page??
    Regardless, I don't believe the 1st edition had black boards, so I would agree its not a true 1st. I think the true 1st has white with purple? Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Hi,

Gerald

Regardless, I don't believe the 1st edition had black boards, so I would agree its not a true 1st. I think the true 1st has white with purple? Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks
    The first has purple quarter binding with off-white boards.

The BCE has black binding and boards with a full numberline. Just like the seller is offering.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

Gerald

Hi,

The seller has deleted the incorrect photo in question and replaced it with the current one. You can see his revisions after I pointed it out here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&item=3321055 34843&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2569

Obviously, the seller is a member here who reads this thread. Irregardless, this copy is not a first edition.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have 4 true trade 1st edition, 1st printings and all 4 are quarter bound in violet with off-white boards and white pastedowns.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Steve really needs to start laying off the coffee

Just in case anyone was wondering, this is not "our" Stephen King:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BSA-Boy-Scou...-/152411184899

Confirmed via official channels, i.e. we asked him.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Steve really needs to start laying off the coffee
    I wonder how many hours of practicing led to that result or if it was a first try.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    Scouts Honor?
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    Scouts Honor?
    "I'm not a Scout".
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Hi,

Gerald

The first has purple quarter binding with off-white boards.

The BCE has black binding and boards with a full numberline. Just like the seller is offering.
    I messaged him, and I informed him of what he was selling. He said that he hadn't noticed the color of the binding/boards. He saw the correct priced dustjacket and the full numberline and assumed it was a first printing. He first attempted to correct the listing and then ended it.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm no pro, but I'll say it looks pretty off to me. That is a damn ugly sig. if it is real. Seems like an odd way to sell a fake though.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going with no.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know. Seems representative of King's more recent sigs, like from the last year or so. Leaning towards good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 462 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 ... LastLast