Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 462 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

HAHAHA
    I was looking for a fake signature or something that warranted that price tag lol!

Offered him $1. Lets see what is reply is.

**EDIT** LOL $94 counter offer. Lets Try $.50c

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think you can pass on that for only $94.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That was Stephen King's German brother who signed that!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    That was Stephen King's German brother who signed that!
    DRUNKEN and Blind brother

Gunslinger Apprentice carbinworld is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I took a gamble & made a deal with the seller on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc

... does it look real? Was it worth $59? Any ideas?
    ~

Looking For:

1: Signed US Trade 1st/1st Full Dark No Stars
    2: ??????????

~

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the letter and sig are legit.

Country
    Country Flag

RF, thanks for your lightning quick reply What do you think about the price? Did I over-pay for a sig?
    ~

Looking For:

~

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would wait to hear from others before you get too excited, but $59 for a King sig on a form letter is IMO, a decent price.

Country
    Country Flag

DEFINITELY not too excited, more worried that I spent too much. I will be more than happy as long as it was a reasonable deal (since that will only make #3 for a sig).
    ~

Looking For:

~

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I don't recall all the details but wasn't the real signature on a special card or book mark? And the letter is a facsimile signature? I've got that set at home and can check later. Maybe he did some one way and some the other.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, the letter is a facsimile. Bob is right, there was a bookmark or a postcard included that had a real signature, usually in blue pen.
    I've got the set too.

Country
    Country Flag

At least it was only $59
    ~

Looking For:

~

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Just found this discussion.....

I saw this auction on Saturday and I contacted the seller and told him the letter was a copy.

The letter CLEARLY states that the enclosed "flyer" has the real signature.

Seller said he never got the "flyer" (really a bookmark).

I told the seller it was worthless without the original signature.

Here is what the "flyer" (bookmark) looks like:

Sorry...you got taken...from a seller who was told he was selling shit.

Here is my entire conversation:

Dear tippy4,

Thanks.

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 13:41:00 -0700
    To:
    Subject: Re: Other: tippy4 sent a message about Black House by Peter Straub and Stephen King (2001, Hardcover) SIGNED!! #261052316504

Dear amerturk,

Without a REAL signature.....it's mostly worthless.

Check your book...maybe the flyer is in it?????

If you send me your email adress....i can send u a picture of the flyer.

- tippy4

To: tippy4
    Subject: Re: Other: tippy4 sent a message about Black House by Peter Straub and Stephen King (2001, Hardcover) SIGNED!! #261052316504
    Sent Date: Jun-23-12 13:34:49 PDT

Dear tippy4,

Thanks again for the info. I just assumed the letter was the enclosed flyer. Do you think the price is too high? If so, what do you think is a fair price for this. I'm only asking because it appears you are better informed on these then myself.

Kind Regards,

- amerturk

To: amerturk
    Sent Date: Jun-23-12 13:26:39 PDT

Dear amerturk,

The letter calls the bookmark "the enclosed flyer".

Shame you did not get that.

- tippy4

To: tippy4
    Sent Date: Jun-23-12 11:56:28 PDT

Dear tippy4,

Thanks for the information. I never received a bookmark. The book was shipped in a paper mailer btw which I thought was odd because it was from his wife written by hand (on the mailer).

- amerturk

To: amerturk
    Subject: Other: tippy4 sent a message about Black House by Peter Straub and Stephen King (2001, Hardcover) SIGNED!! #261052316504
    Sent Date: Jun-23-12 11:53:53 PDT

Dear amerturk,

The signature on the letter is not an original...I have the exact same letter.

However, King should have included a card with the letter that looks like a book mark. THAT has an original signature on it.

- tippy4
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Tippy,

Thanks for adding that! I was on the fence about this; I haven't yet sent my PayPal money. Until you sent this I was fully prepared to send him the $59, I knew it wasn't "signed in ink" as he described it, but figured it was an honest mistake on his part, so I was going to pay. Now I know otherwise. Screw him, I just sent him a message telling him that I wasn't paying for that. The money wouldn't break me, but he pissed me off! Not knowing & selling is one thing, but knowing he had misrepresented this and not pulling the auction isn't cool at all. I guess he'll be the pissed off one now!
    ~

Looking For:

~

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

If he has been contacted and chose to continue the auction anyway, you should also see if there's a way to warn the other interested bidders/buyers. Usually if the winner/buyer declines, the seller will either re-list or contact a runner up. Perhaps we can save someone else the $59 too??

Country
    Country Flag

He replied to my "cancellation" while I was driving to work. Boy was he pissed off! He will probably try to re-list, I'm gonna keep a watch on him. If he does, I will notify Ebay if his auction text is misleading in any way. I would have been OK if he had put in some kind of disclaimer after Tippy notified him. Tippy probably wasn't the only one. If he had said "may be facsimile signature" it would have been one thing, but "signed in black ink" was innacurate & he knew that Saturday at the latest. I was going to just suck it up & pay, but not after finding out that he had a chance to change his wording but choose not to. Caveat Emptor. Thanks to all here for saving me $59
    ~

Looking For:

~

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

i bought the S/L 11/22/63 when it was released in November and have yet to receive it !!! i think the member is waiting for me to collect it in the flesh!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Ouch. I would definitely remind the seller you've paid for the item and politely ask when you might expect it, or request a refund if you're tired of waiting. If there hasn't been much/any communication between the purchase and now, there might have just been a misunderstanding?? Hopefully that can get resolved!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carbinworld View Post
    Tippy,

Thanks for adding that! I was on the fence about this; I haven't yet sent my PayPal money. Until you sent this I was fully prepared to send him the $59, I knew it wasn't "signed in ink" as he described it, but figured it was an honest mistake on his part, so I was going to pay. Now I know otherwise. Screw him, I just sent him a message telling him that I wasn't paying for that. The money wouldn't break me, but he pissed me off! Not knowing & selling is one thing, but knowing he had misrepresented this and not pulling the auction isn't cool at all. I guess he'll be the pissed off one now!
    And now the seller just emailed me and told me to go and fuck myself.

Hope you did not tell him it was me.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinworld View Post
    Tippy,

And now the seller just emailed me and told me to go and fuck myself.

Hope you did not tell him it was me.
    Ouch! Sounds like a pleasant fellow.

My Mood
    Inspired

I could contact eBay customer service to report the seller and the listing. The listing is a fraudulent item, as it is not accurately described. The seller did not disclose all information regarding the item. The seller has now engaged in harassment against another eBay member. Since you did not BUY the item, you have no option to leave negative feedback. BUT carbinworld, you should certainly leave honest feedback for others to read.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I could use some opinions on this signature please. I think it's legit, but just want to make sure. Also, $200 for a signed Pet Sematary with the dj in VG condition at best. Is that a good deal?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$200 for a VG+ Pet Sematary signed by King is a good price-IF the sig is not only legit, but consistent with King's signature at the time of release. It would be even more if dated close to the (believed to be) November 14, 1983 release.
    I won't render an opinion on the sig-I have to go look up King's sig from that era.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I have some reservations about that PET SEMATARY signature. I don't think I like it but would really like to see a larger picture if possible. My initial gut response is negative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 462 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 276 ... LastLast