Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 462 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Gunslinger Apprentice sublimicals is on a distinguished road sublimicals's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    They are facsimile signatures. That particular edition gets listed by novice sellers as "signed" frequently. It is not.
    Thanks guys!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by avidkingcollector View Post
    Not even close.

Mulleins

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently bought bag of bones so called signed book by a seller who claimed he recieved the book from a woman who lives in NH and knows King personaly and had him sign her collection also won an auction from the same seller for a "signed faithful wich i did not pay him for yet. after being contacted by a darktower.org member and taking a closer at other books he has for sale i think the sigs are very suspicious. i will post the links to the auction. please tell me what you think. Thank You,
    Simon
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently bought bag of bones so called signed book by a seller who claimed he recieved the book from a woman who lives in NH and knows King personaly and had him sign her collection also won an auction from the same seller for a "signed faithful wich i did not pay him for yet. after being contacted by a darktower.org member and taking a closer at other books he has for sale i think the sigs are very suspicious. i will post the links to the auction. please tell me what you think. Thank You,
    Simon

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the items have been removed.

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Brennan2984 is a known forger, sorry. There are quite a few posts here about him.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Simon
    If you read the auction he pretty much admits right out that these are not authentic signatures. "What appears to be King's signature is inked on the page, but our research has not conclusively determined that it is indeed his authentic autograph."

That's CYA for "Hey, King didn't really sign this book."

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simon, this is unfortunate. Per Ric's comment, there has been a lot of discussion about this guy in the forum over the last month. He is a blatant forger and has been reported to eBay on several occasions. He actually changed his verbiage to include that BS that divemaster indicates regarding the fact that the signatures are not authentic.

Going to be hard not to pay for the 2nd book given that his verbiage in the listing warns the buyer regarding the authenticity....

Tim

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Looks like the items have been removed.
    Try this one for Bag of Bones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...253D&viewitem=

and this one for Faithful:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-FAI...item20ba762b24

This is also being discussed in the Ebay BS thread. Two other Ebay buyers have been invited to join in on the conversation about purchases they have made from not only the same seller Simon bought from but the other questionable Ebay seller that asked for his pictures and message posts to be removed from this site.

Mulleins

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The links that Simon is discussing is here:

Try this one for Bag of Bones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...253D&viewitem=

and this one for Faithful:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-FAI...item20ba762b24

Mulleins

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

This seller said he would post the signature here on TDT and get opinions on legitimacy but so far he hasn't and I see its still listed for sale. I had faith he would do the right thing. Disappointing....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    This seller said he would post the signature here on TDT and get opinions on legitimacy but so far he hasn't and I see its still listed for sale. I had faith he would do the right thing. Disappointing....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Mulleins and I were looking at this one last night.....

Not even close......

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The thing that really gets me is that he said that the wording was to protect him but he was certain that they were legit and that he had gotten them from a close friend of Stephens that lived in NH. From now on unless its a s/l limited or from someone on this site im not taking a chance again. Its not like he accidently recieved this book and didnt know. he is continuing to list fraudulant stephen king books. Im not loseing anymore sleep over it, what comes around goes around. eventually it will come back to him. Anyway twisted nadine was nice enough to offer me a legit copy of bag of bones for my collection so at least things are looking up
    Simon

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Mulleins and I were looking at this one last night.....

Not even close......

Yeah, saw your posts. A lot of times sellers dont do their homework before listing the item. I try to give them the benefit of doubt before accusing. This seller replied: "I found this book at a Goodwill in Omaha. I am not an expert on handwriting...but I will take a look at other signatures and compare" so assuming he cares about his rep as an Ebay seller you would think he would have done his comparison and removed the item by now...

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    The thing that really gets me is that he said that the wording was to protect him but he was certain that they were legit and that he had gotten them from a close friend of Stephens that lived in NH. From now on unless its a s/l limited or from someone on this site im not taking a chance again. Its not like he accidently recieved this book and didnt know. he is continuing to list fraudulant stephen king books. Im not loseing anymore sleep over it, what comes around goes around. eventually it will come back to him. Anyway twisted nadine was nice enough to offer me a legit copy of bag of bones for my collection so at least things are looking up
    Simon
    The seller is just a common criminal. But just so you know, Simon, I think we've all had our share of buying bad sigs. And its because of this site that I am now more confident with my purchases.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

heres another that seems fishy to me!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-HAN...item20ba9b4059

My Mood
    Twisted

I thought the same thing when I saw that one. Curious to see what the other members think...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely a forgery.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Forged yes. However, whoever did that signature did it with confidence. Only a couple of hesitation points I can see.

Mulleins

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

This person has no idea what they're talking about THUS they are an idiot THUS!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Salems-Lot-Steph...item483a3f296c

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    This person has no idea what they're talking about THUS they are an idiot THUS!
    I tend to agree with you but there is no shortage of idiots on eBay. I've never liked the term "first edition thus" but, if used correctly, it can be descriptive and useful. I'm not an expert on this but to my mind it means the book has been modified in some way and republished. So it may have a new introduction, new illustrations, added text or something else. When the modified or updated book is published it can be called "first edition thus" if the "thus" is then defined by describing the new material. The seller in this case is making a mockery of the term and is THUS an idiot.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think the term pertains to a revised edition (the revision could simply be a new cover) from a different publisher or printing house than the original. Otherwise it would just be a revised edition.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

"First thus" is a phrase used by book sellers, publishers, etc. to describe a book which may be considered a first edition and/or first printing, but which has been available previously in a slightly different form. A true first edition is the original, first printing of a given book, while a first thus is the first printing of a new version of that book. This classification can come about for any number of reasons, though often times it has to do with a new translation of a particular work, the involvement of a new (different) publisher, or with a new forward or introduction....
    Last edited by Room 217 Caretaker; 06-28-2011 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Sorry, I didn't see that Bob and Bev replied already.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

And at the end of the day, no number line and no price means that this is almost definitely a book club edition that could have been printed anytime between 1975 and now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 462 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 ... LastLast