Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 462 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    As we have discussed from time to time over the years, especially in the eBay Fakes thread, all statements regarding the legitimacy of any given signature are simply the opinions of the person posting.
    Yes, but do you assign equal weight to all opinions?

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

If SK signed a book in front of me, then Bob/Carlos looked at it and said it was fake, I would question my own memory.

So, no, not equally weighted....haha....

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    If SK signed a book in front of me, then Bob/Carlos looked at it and said it was fake, I would question my own memory.

So, no, not equally weighted....haha....
    I laughed at this....but appreciate the vote of confidence. For my money Hutch is the most knowledgeable King signature evaluator and Greg (shibus) is right up there too. But really all of us who frequent this site and take the time to look at and evaluate the signatures probably agree with each other 90% of the time.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    What is he talking about libel and slander? You can't "libel" or "slander" if you are factually correct. And those are obvious forgeries. Not saying the seller did the forging. Maybe he unwittingly got a hold of some bad books. But if he were a stand-up guy, when the facts were presented to him he should have appreciated it rather than blowing a gasket.

There is no defense for selling those books as genuine SK signed editions other than, "my bad; sorry; I didn't know; thanks for letting me know; I'll be more careful next time."
    Very good post. 95% of the time sellers that get called out on signatures do try to make amends because they didn't realize what they had was highly suspect. I asked this seller to do the right thing and have them looked at before taking money from his clients.

Honestly, he is the only one hurting his own business. Not the discussion here. The King collecting world is smaller than he thinks and it won't take those buyers of the last two he sold long to figure out what is going on.

I've contacted Ebay and have asked permission to contact the two buyers to invite them here for the discussion. It really bothers me that two more King collectors just got taken. Now, in the defense of the seller, the buyer has a responsibility as well to check everything before pulling the trigger.

I didn't actually see the King auctions end, I found them during research for a friend of mine that collects another genre asking my opinion on a high profile signature in two more books that seller #$@^ sold. So you see, it's not just our group here concerned over highly suspect signatures, this other group is already discussing contacting the buyers of the other signed books to invite them to a discussion on getting the books checked out.

All work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boy

My Mood
    Angry

One of the things I've done in the past if you catch the auctions while they are still open is to alert Marsha D. to them. You can contact her on the official SK site. She has a direct contact at eBay that pulls auctions when she files a VeRO complaint.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Bump. Any opinions on this/these? My gut says no, but I'm not anything of a source at all. I'd love to tell the guy they are fakes though because when I first contacted him warning him I could tell if they were fakes, he "resented the fraud implication" lol.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I wouldn't want the signature for free.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Me neither. It's not an extremely poor attempt but it's definitely not genuine. My opinion on SK sigs should always be taken with some grains of salt though. I only have two of them in my collection (but I do have a well-developed 'eye', generally speaking). The 'hen' is Stephen is way off, as is the 'swoop' which doesn't flow well.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Even with a blurry picture I can tell you that one is highly suspect.

Highly Suspect is our new nice way of saying FAKE.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, thanks guys

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    As we have discussed from time to time over the years, especially in the eBay Fakes thread, all statements regarding the legitimacy of any given signature are simply the opinions of the person posting.
    Yes, but do you assign equal weight to all opinions?
    No. But like Bob said, this group tends to be in agreement 90+% of the time anyway.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Even with a blurry picture I can tell you that one is highly suspect.

Highly Suspect is our new nice way of saying FAKE.
    Or you could say even more subtly:

***DANGER: Highly Suspect ***
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep offering the seller to come here and discuss the two King books but he keeps posting in Ebay message thread.

All work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyvAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boy

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Haha...yeah, I'm not sure that's a very valid threat.

I will say, though, that JD Salinger successfully sued his ex-girlfriend when she tried to use his letters in a book....she could discuss the content, but not quote them verbatim. Technically speaking, private written communication IS copywrited.

But...you also have to prove some form of damage, and when you're selling fake auctions, I'm not sure how you're "damaged" by that discussion...haha...

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

and i dont know where he lives that the filing costs are only $50..... Try $400+....To quote bugs bunny, "what a maroon!"

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Call his bluff! Have you reported him yet, and if so has eBay taken any action?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

LOL - this is funny. Poor mulleins, don't let this twit worry you.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That is disparaging.....to TWITS!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hm. This is weird. The description and photo in this listing are identical to those of a PET SEMATARY copy I purchased last week from another seller. The text was altered minimally.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pet-Sematary-Ste...item2eb5e5aca2

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ive had only bad dealings with ebay over their buyer protection policy....they have decided with the seller twice now. Has anyone had a different opiion. I just wanted to give everyone a view of what I have experienced with them.

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Ive had only bad dealings with ebay over their buyer protection policy....they have decided with the seller twice now. Has anyone had a different opiion. I just wanted to give everyone a view of what I have experienced with them.
    can you elaborate a bit? I've used them twice successfully getting refunds from obstinate sellers.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    can you elaborate a bit? I've used them twice successfully getting refunds from obstinate sellers.
    Sure, no problem. The latest is in the case that I bought a perfect circle signed concert poster only to find the exact same poster listed again after a month. I opened a claim. I gave ebay the listing # of my auction and the # of the previous auctiion, and even offered to send pictures of the poster to prove that something fishy is going on. Ebay responded and told me that they are waiting for the seller to submit some type or proof..months went by..and they decided to favor the seller. I disagreed with the decesion that they made and as far as I know its still being investigated...this has been going on for at least 4 months.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That has to be one of the worst signatures I've seen in a while, now.

Reported.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 462 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast