Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 462 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

All work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boy

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...D#ht_930wt_689

This seller is ripping people off. Two completed auctions today, both fake. No wonder the value of collecting has dropped.

Mulleins
    It really does piss me off......

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Hi, does this look like a good purchase ( from eBay )?

Link:
    PET SEMATARY

First Edition: $28.00

Printed by Doubleday in 1983
    First Edition is stated on the CP
    DJ price is intact $15.95
    Y38 is in the crease on the last page
    Code 1183

Jacket by Linda Fennimore

Red Paste downs and Boards

**The DJ has the wrong publishing date of 1982*for Tabitha King's The Caretakers on the back.

This is a very nice copy- DJ kept in protective cover
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It all depends on the condition of the DJ - PET SEMATARY has a notoriously fragile DJ and it's quite hard to find a truly nice copy at an affordable price (I'm still looking for one to upgrade my own copy). But if it's in collectible condition, $28 is a great buy!

Thanks biomieg, I just added the pic from eBay. Looks like there might be something going on at the front top left hand corner.
    1. Carrie
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it looks really nice actually. I would have paid more than $28 for that copy! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Well, it looks really nice actually. I would have paid more than $28 for that copy! Congratulations!
    Thanks again, I appreciate your comments. I'll post more pics once I recieve the book-hopefully everything else is as advertised.
    1. Carrie
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

That Pet Sematary looks good! Like Michaël said, it's the DJ that's the key on that one. Having the original '82 reference on the back is nice as well. I think you did great.

Thanks Ric, I just get so nervous when I buy from eBay. Been pretty fortunate so far, but have also been burnt once too...
    1. Carrie
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This seller is ripping people off. Two completed auctions today, both fake. No wonder the value of collecting has dropped.

Mulleins
    This seller just responded to my questioning of the signatures she/he just sold. Here it is:

All work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boy

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, you'd better watch out, he/she seems pretty serious! Those really must be legit signatures after all.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol he also changes his names every so often, check it out:

Name - Begin Date - End Date
    sully5768 May-09-11 Present
    bootlebooks Feb-22-10 May-09-11
    rachellewoods Sep-04-09 Feb-22-10
    ron5768 Dec-04-08 Sep-04-09
    sully5768 Oct-27-08 Dec-04-08

Traveler Sonmi451 is on a distinguished road

Mulleins
    Hello guys, I'm glad I found this forum, though I fear it may be too late. I am fairly new at this and I am starting to get discouraged. I actually noticed Sully's listings on my own as well, and thought they were fishy. The Cormac McCarthy and Obama were particularly suspicious. So I steered clear of him, and bought two other Stephen King books from another seller that I thought looked legit. I am starting to have second thoughts, and was hoping maybe you guys could help. Here are the two listings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Any feedback/pointers would be very much appreciated!

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

I looked at them and I don't feel entirely comfortable with them. The "Stephen" looks ok but the "King" is very suspect to me. If it is a forgery (and I suspect it is) it is one of the better ones I've seen.

Welcome to the forum!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sonmi451 View Post
    Sadly both of the books in the links you provided have forged signatures. That seller "allstarbooks2010" is known to us as a seller of forgeries. You might have some recourse, though, particularly if you paid through PayPal with a credit card. Contact your credit card issuer and tell them your problem. Most likely they will help you. If you didn't use a credit card then contact PayPal and eBay, tell them your problem and follow their instructions. Good luck and welcome to "Calvin's Corner." Let us know what happens.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Sadly both of the books in the links you provided have forged signatures. That seller "allstarbooks2010" is known to us as a seller of forgeries. You might have some recourse, though, particularly if you paid through PayPal with a credit card. Contact your credit card issuer and tell them your problem. Most likely they will help you. If you didn't use a credit card then contact PayPal and eBay, tell them your problem and follow their instructions. Good luck and welcome to "Calvin's Corner." Let us know what happens.
    Sonmi451, welcome to the family of King Collectors......

I concur with the prior posts regarding the authenticity of the signatures on the items you acquired. I am sorry to say that they are, without question, forgeries.

As a relatively new member, I use this forum as my ONLY resource to solicit opinions regarding fair prices as well as help to determine whether a signature is legit.

Look forward to collaborating with you on future Posts / Threads!

Tim

Thank you for the feedback, I will certainly check here first from now on. Since I am new, may I ask what in particular makes these obvious forgeries? Like what should I look for, or is it more of a general impression? Also, do you guys know of other forums such as this, but for other highly collectible authors?

And while I'm at it, please please tell me this one is legit. I bought this one a few weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-Liseys-St...item2a10bc05c1

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Sonmi451, welcome to TDT.org and to our little Corner. Please make yourself at home and jump right into the discussions. Also, once you have a mere 5 posts, more site member abilities will open to you.

Sorry about your fake sigs. I'll leave it to others to point out specific tip-offs as you request. For me, I can rarely state specifics, I just go with my gut feeling - which was developed primarily through looking at many, many examples over time.

Personally I never buy flatsigned SK books unless I know the seller is legit. For me that means the seller is a regular member here at TDT.org. I have made plenty of purchases of signed books on eBay, but they have been almost exclusively limited editions.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

For me, the "height" of the signature, the K in "King", and the bottom of the g are all dead-giveaways.

"Gut" does play a big part in it but some of us have been looking at King signatures for 25+ years and at first glance, you just know.

Chalk it up to trained eyeballs.......

Good Luck if you choose to challenge the auctions!

Tim

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

And while I'm at it, please please tell me this one is legit. I bought this one a few weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-Liseys-St...item2a10bc05c1
    I think that is a legitimate King signature.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a fake, but who would pay $6 for a used ticket stub from the movie Thinner?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-STEPHEN-KIN...item4840ac2156

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I asked Ebay seller the following:

The signatures are highly suspect. Please do the right thing by taking a closer look or having someone else look at the two King signatures you just sold before you take money from your client.

Seller [NAME REDACTED] response:

Dear mulleins,

All work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boyAll work and Ebay swindlers makes Ralph a dull boy
    - [NAME REDACTED]

Below is just two of the signatures in question:

[IMAGE REDACTED]

I felt this seller should be listed here to protect our members.

Take care everyone

Mulleins

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This one´s funny http://cgi.ebay.com/Four-Past-Midnig...item23115af65e

Read the listing : " It's either a bad fake or a unique authentic signature."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps he meant "defamation of character" . What a mongoloid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 462 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast