Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 462 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you see all the disclaimers and "Don't report these" ? Heh heh. Well, at least he's posting all of that now .. you can't say he didn't warn you.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ever done business with vagbk (or is someone here vagbk) on Ebay? They are selling a signed book (none SK) that I'm interested in but it seems to be a problem to send me a picture of the autograph. Just curious on the reputation of this seller. Thanks.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Has anyone ever done business with vagbk (or is someone here vagbk) on Ebay? They are selling a signed book (none SK) that I'm interested in but it seems to be a problem to send me a picture of the autograph. Just curious on the reputation of this seller. Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure this is the eBay username of Vagabond Books. If so, they are very legit. I bought quite a few books from them years ago on the ABE site.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is the eBay username of Vagabond Books. If so, they are very legit. I bought quite a few books from them years ago on the ABE site.
    Vagabond books was the name of the store (somewhere in LA) that I finally found a copy of the Dark Tower, I must have called at least 20 book stores before I found one that had a copy.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like the seller is Vagabond Books...thanks for the replies and I will try again with the picture request. If I can't get a photo I will just have to pass.

Edit: For the record and to be fair to Vagabond Books they did end up posting a photo of the signature.

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

We have a new forger! Either that or he magically got a drunken Stephen King to sign 10 UK books.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Salems-Lot-SIGNE...item4aaba7e97f

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW.......I could do better than that!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice note of provence

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    We have a new forger! Either that or he magically got a drunken Stephen King to sign 10 UK books.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Salems-Lot-SIGNE...item4aaba7e97f
    He just got those books , bought them in a lot a few days ago

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Han...item27bb14fdcb

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Too bad he didn't do his homework before he bought those!

John

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

someone please look at this ebay item and give me your opinion on if its legit or not. Thanks.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it looks pretty good. I was initially concerned about both the transition from the K to the i (loop) and the open ended bottom of the g. But, when comparing it to several S/Ls and flatsigned 1st Editions that I have, I feel pretty good about it.

Looking forward to hearing from other forum junkies....

Tim

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone bought it right quick. FWIW, the signature looks great.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tim,Flagg...your opinions are priceless. You think its worth the price?

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, they took $230 for the book...thats what i was wondering if that sounds reasonable. The other week one went for $475..just wondering

Country
    Country Flag

Given that it is a 1st Edition (I think it was anyway), I feel as if it is certainly worth the price (pending condition).

I certainly would've bought it for that price. That's not saying much since a had to take out a 2nd Mortgage to payoff David @ Betts!

It's legit......

Country
    Country Flag

Once again, thank you for your opinion...I always appreciate the help guys!!

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    someone please look at this ebay item and give me your opinion on if its legit or not. Thanks.
    That's a good one.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What do you guys think of this?. I dont like the signature. What a shame, it's a really nice looking book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Edit: It looks like Avidkingcollector beat me to it.

Country
    Country Flag

How crazy is that. I just posted the same auction questioning the sig.....

I personally don't think it's legit....

Check out the transition from the "K" to the "i".....

Why would you ruin a quality 1st Edition with a horrible rendition of a King Signature?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by avidkingcollector View Post
    How crazy is that. I just posted the same auction questioning the sig.....

I personally don't think it's legit....

Check out the transition from the "K" to the "i".....

Why would you ruin a quality 1st Edition with a horrible rendition of a King Signature?
    It could be that the seller had bought it without knowing that the signature is questionable. His other items for sale seems legit. Could happen to the best of us.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    What do you guys think of this?. I dont like the signature. What a shame, it's a really nice looking book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Definite forgery.

My Mood
    Angry

This seller seems legit, so it's probably a case of them having bought the forgery rather than having done it purposefully. Shame though to ruin a nice book like that. You should forge the common crap and let the rare ones sell themselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 462 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast