Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 462 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

They all are John....the epidemic is back on.......
    Watch the destruction......

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    Where's Ralph? Doesn't he love this kinda stuff....
    I'm here. On the road with my wife.

These have got to go.

BS Meter at 10

Who is Skerra King

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Fire! I'll take you to burn!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am 99% sure this is a fake, but there is something about it that makes me say hmmmmmm......

Opinions?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

First impression: Nice swoop. Other than that, I don't trust it. I wouldn't chance it.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I am 99% sure this is a fake, but there is something about it that makes me say hmmmmmm......

Opinions?
    I understand your 1% of hmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmm

I don't like how it's crammed together. That type of pen can make a signature do that. That is also why a good forger can get away with some of those.

Let me go back and look at this again

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't take a chance on it without knowing its pedigree. The "g" is wrong.

John

John F. Kennedy EddyRawlea is on a distinguished road

Excuse me, I'm new here and don't want to bud in,
    but who would want a shit example like that anyway??
    hmmmm nonsense >>> it's fake crap crap crap crap

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Opinions?
    I think it is almost certainly a forgery and one that few would want in their collection even if it were real.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

EddyRawlea, sometimes, a legitimate ("shitty") signature can be of value, particularly when in books where King rarely signed, and if he did the date and signature type will greatly influence the price-value of the book.
    Welcome to the board.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EddyRawlea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    EddyRawlea, sometimes, a legitimate ("shitty") signature can be of value, particularly when in books where King rarely signed, and if he did the date and signature type will greatly influence the price-value of the book.
    Welcome to the board.
    Good Point RF

Not all King sigs are pretty. Let's have some fun.

Eddy, take a look at this sig attached. Is it real?

I'll post the whole picture in a little bit after we all discuss it.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My guess is that it is in a recent S/L - my copy of LSoE has a "shitty" signature like that.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    My guess is that it is in a recent S/L - my copy of LSoE has a "shitty" signature like that.
    You are correct.

Hold this sig side by side with the one in question.

I believe Tippy has a reason to say hmmmmmmmm

I'm not saying run out and buy it. I would run the other way and wait for a much nicer fake to appear Can't believe I said that

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    First impression: Nice swoop.
    Exactly my thought.

The signature in question is on a bookplate glued into a DT1 (2nd edition).

The seller is offering me the book, plus a DT2 and DT3 (both 1sts) for $240 shipped.

Without a signature, that would be a fair price.

With a good signature (on a bookplate), that would be a good price.

With a forgery however...not so good.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

I wish I had a chance to answer before it was revealed.
    I wouldn't call that signing "shitty" ever "mullens"
    I have a few just like it all the books signed in england 1998 are of this form. I consider it very good, the other one is terrible.
    The "swoop" is not the hardest part of the signature to fake.
    A good faker works too hard on that and doesn't worry about the actual critical parts.
    I'd love some more challenges like that, but maybe the answer could be held for a few days next time

sorry if my language was not appropriate for the site

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Welcome to the board.
    Good Point RF

Not all King sigs are pretty. Let's have some fun.

Eddy, take a look at this sig attached. Is it real?

I'll post the whole picture in a little bit after we all discuss it.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

PS "bookplate glued..."
    RADAR RADAR RADAR RADAR

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

sorry if my language was not appropriate for the site
    No worries. Nothing most of us haven't heard or said.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to TDT.com generally and to Calvin's Corner specifically, EddyRawlea. Glad to have you here.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

thank you Patrick, a lot of great stuff here - a little overwhelming .

I was wondering if anyone here feels qualified and can help with some issues regarding Michael Crichton signatures or if there is a place on here I can look?

Darkman- if you see this ANSWER YOUR EMAIL, a package came for you and they wouldn't let me sign for it and wanted $35 for ups extortion. IT MIGHT BE RETURNED BEFORE YOU GET BACK SO you need to call them 1 800 742 5877
    And dont worry your dog is OK

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

thank you Patrick, a lot of great stuff here - a little overwhelming .

I was wondering if anyone here feels qualified and can help with some issues regarding Michael Crichton signatures or if there is a place on here I can look?

Darkman- if you see this ANSWER YOUR EMAIL, a package came for you and they wouldn't let me sign for it and wanted $35 for ups extortion. IT MIGHT BE RETURNED BEFORE YOU GET BACK SO you need to call them 1 800 742 5877
    And dont worry your dog is OK
    Hey Eddy

I collect Crichton.

I trust this guy. He's good with his sig:

http://www.tomfolio.com/autographimg...=802&ret=AGIni

Since Crichton's death we've seen some doozies come up on Ebay.

The attached picture shows legit sigs from Toms site. Most recent before death in right hand corner

Hope this helps

Would love to hear more about your Crichton collection.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

thanks for the reply Mulleins, I am familiar with this site, it is very good.

I guess this site is primarily about Stephen King but I was wondering if it would be OK to start a thread about other signatures like this awesome author. I dont know how to do it.
    Do you? If not my friend will be back soon who knows how. I have some pictures to post regarding my concerns and questions and I will figure that out too.

thanks
    Ed

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the reply Mulleins, I am familiar with this site, it is very good.

I guess this site is primarily about Stephen King but I was wondering if it would be OK to start a thread about other signatures like this awesome author. I dont know how to do it.
    Do you? If not my friend will be back soon who knows how. I have some pictures to post regarding my concerns and questions and I will figure that out too.

thanks
    Ed
    We have a thread called "other authors you collect"

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...612#post431612

Your welcome to post pictures, questions, signatures, anything you want about Crichton. You will find many collectors and readers of Crichton here.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Excellent reference, Ralph.

For sure you should post over there, as well, Eddy. I know we have more than a few Crichton fans here. I think razz recently got a signed Crichton for his gradulation. I remember him posting it in the Gifts thread.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Great! But I think before I post anything questionable to that thread, I'll start it here in the BS section as it's probably more appropriate.

My concerns with Crichton are that I've seen many signatures by him.
    The ones that I think are real fall into two categories for me.
    1. ones similiar to the tomfolio ones
    2. another "style" slightly different under close (magnified) view
    100's of books (2) were sold by a seller who we believe is legit

As there have been dozens consistent to both styles I'm wondering if an autopen is involved here. Anybody have the samples of know autopen sig by Crichton?
    jurasic park special gift edition?

I would like to see as many of these as possible. I have someone who is writing analysis expert and i want to figure this out finally.

thanks

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great! But I think before I post anything questionable to that thread, I'll start it here in the BS section as it's probably more appropriate.

My concerns with Crichton are that I've seen many signatures by him.
    The ones that I think are real fall into two categories for me.
    1. ones similiar to the tomfolio ones
    2. another "style" slightly different under close (magnified) view
    100's of books (2) were sold by a seller who we believe is legit

As there have been dozens consistent to both styles I'm wondering if an autopen is involved here. Anybody have the samples of know autopen sig by Crichton?
    jurasic park special gift edition?

I would like to see as many of these as possible. I have someone who is writing analysis expert and i want to figure this out finally.

thanks
    The only autopen sig I know of is exactly what you mentioned already. The Gift Edition Jurassic Park.

I've had several discussion with sellers about how they post this book on Ebay. I need one for my collection but not paying over $20 for it. The sig is autopen.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 462 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast