Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 377 of 462 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 375 376 377 378 379 387 427 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,425 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like a smudge to me. I'd ask the seller to clarify. Even though the seller does not accept returns, if he/she attests that it isn't written in, and upon receipt you determine it is a fraud, you likely would be entitled to a refund.

Looks like too much trouble for anything more than $99.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Yeah, even if it is just a smudge, I think I'll wait...SOMEDAY I'll find a BB 1st in my price range!
    ~Jonathan

Traveler Rob is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I contacted the seller and they said they couldn't be sure what it was, which is why they were selling it from their collection.
    I don't think I'll touch it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I contacted the seller and they said they couldn't be sure what it was, which is why they were selling it from their collection.
    That answer means caveat emptor.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    I got excited because I thought I found an excellent copy of The Bachman Books 1st/1st, however it appears that someone wrote in the "1" in the number line. Unless my eyes are deceiving me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BACHMAN-...3D262514391685
    Almost looks like it was typed in somehow. Very strange. There's better copies to be had with the DJ in that condition IMO even if it didn't have the '1' issue.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That answer means caveat emptor.
    Exactly right, Buyer Beware.

The seller told me he's selling it "because I too am uncomfortable with how it looks in my collection".

If we are questioning it as a group now, it will also be questioned in the future if it ever comes up for sale again. Legit or not, it's not worth the headache. JMO

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    I got excited because I thought I found an excellent copy of The Bachman Books 1st/1st, however it appears that someone wrote in the "1" in the number line. Unless my eyes are deceiving me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BACHMAN-...3D262514391685
    Definitely written in. Here is a photo of a 2nd edition that confirms that they leave a space where the 1 should be:

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts? I think fake

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, I agree no good.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I agree too. No good.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nauseating.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks team

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Not eBay, but an online auction house. Main Street Mining Company in Ft. Worth, Texas.

It already has one bid @$70

I'm thinking of telling the seller it's fake, but I'm not sure they'll appreciate the gesture.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Not eBay, but an online auction house. Main Street Mining Company in Ft. Worth, Texas.

I'm thinking of telling the seller it's fake, but I'm not sure they'll appreciate the gesture.

I would... see his reaction... it is SO fake... send him a pic of a good one
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

I would... see his reaction... it is SO fake... send him a pic of a good one

When telling him that it's fake, also point out that the person who forged it cannot spell either....

"To my biggist fan" LMAO!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I'll be devil's advocate and say that sig doesn't horrify me.

HOWEVER - I do think I see hesitation at the 'g' loop. I'd never buy it, but I'm not personally ready to declare it a definite fake. Probably? Yes. Definite? Not there.

But - I'm sure I'm totally in the minority as I should be.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is no question in my mind that is a fake signature. Not even a good fake... Surprised anyone would say otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The inscription looks all wrong for his handwriting too.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't buy the inscription -- it appears to be added after the fact. But the "Stephen King" is not THAT bad. There is no dot above the I in "King" but I'd want to compare similar inscriptions before I'd be ready to tell this seller that it's fake. I'd also like to know if there is any provenance associated with the book/signature/inscription. Maybe there is a reason for the sloppiness and the inconsistencies in the penmanship. Regarding the spelling of "biggest," I, too, thought that it was misspelled. However, I only see one dot and the position of the dot is not that unusual for many people's penmanship. All in all, we've seen worse...and I would own this ONLY if I had iron-clad proof that this was legitimate.

John

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I don't buy the inscription -- it appears to be added after the fact. But the "Stephen King" is not THAT bad. There is no dot above the I in "King" but I'd want to compare similar inscriptions before I'd be ready to tell this seller that it's fake. I'd also like to know if there is any provenance associated with the book/signature/inscription. Maybe there is a reason for the sloppiness and the inconsistencies in the penmanship. Regarding the spelling of "biggest," I, too, thought that it was misspelled. However, I only see one dot and the position of the dot is not that unusual for many people's penmanship. All in all, we've seen worse...and I would own this ONLY if I had iron-clad proof that this was legitimate.

John
    He could of signed it after his accident, in the hospital on meds. i hated the sig at first, but now..........

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

There is just too much wrong.

As Bob pointed out, it is King's practice to write "For" rather than "To." Why write "To My biggest fan" in Pet Semetary? "My" is capitalized. "Biggest" is just a mess. The angle(s) are wrong. There aren't enough peaks at the end of Stephen. The i in King isn't dotted. The g shows hesitation. The last name is truncated; something he didn't normally do until 2002 or so.

I suppose someone could have asked for that inscription and then held the book for him to sign "after his accident, in the hospital on meds." That would explain the shaky writing, the bad angle and the odd inscription. It doesn't explain everything though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Not to mention the direction of the angle is completely wrong.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The whole thing just looks terrible to me.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The whole thing just looks terrible to me.
    Even though I'm not calling this a clear-cut, absolute, no-doubt fake, it's the loop in the G that kills it for me - I don't like any of it, but that's the most fatal flaw. Looks like a careful hesitation.

And Brian/Bob raised some good points about the inscription. Obviously nobody should buy it.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with everything that's been said...but I'd still like to know where the seller got this copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 377 of 462 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 375 376 377 378 379 387 427 ... LastLast