Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 425 of 462 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,625 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Noticed some interesting patterns in the "signatures" this particular individual puts up for sale. Especially the placement of them.

My guess is they use some kind of stamp/pen because none of the books actually looked like they've been signed via SK's own hand. They have the appearance of an authentic signature, but notice the placement on all of the books up for sale or that have been sold. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I'm highly suspect.

FOR SALE:

*The Dead Zone (UK)

SOLD:

*Cujo

*Christine (UK)

*Carrie (BCE)

*IT

*Pet Sematary

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Noticed some interesting patterns in the "signatures" this particular individual puts up for sale. Especially the placement of them.

My guess is they use some kind of stamp/pen because none of the books actually looked like they've been signed via SK's own hand. They have the appearance of an authentic signature, but notice the placement on all of the books up for sale or that have been sold. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I'm highly suspect.

FOR SALE:

*The Dead Zone (UK)

SOLD:

*Cujo

*Christine (UK)

*Carrie (BCE)

*IT

*Pet Sematary
    Ah yes...been discussing this guy’s listings. Im with you, i think somethings off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

FOR SALE:

*The Dead Zone (UK)

SOLD:

*Cujo

*Christine (UK)

*Carrie (BCE)

*IT

*Pet Sematary
    Carrie and The Dead Zone are exactly the same signature. Either a stamp or an auto-pen.

Carrie

The Dead Zone

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, guys, great pick up (yep, Chad, you said it man). The seller mentioned on Facebook that he picked them all up at some auction when he was in the navy years ago (~20 years ago?). Anyway, great pick up...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Wow, guys, great pick up (yep, Chad, you said it man). The seller mentioned on Facebook that he picked them all up at some auction when he was in the navy years ago (~20 years ago?). Anyway, great pick up...
    What’s the name?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

campello

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

FOR SALE:

*The Dead Zone (UK)

SOLD:

*Cujo

*Christine (UK)

*Carrie (BCE)

*IT

*Pet Sematary
    Carrie and The Dead Zone are exactly the same signature. Either a stamp or an auto-pen.

Carrie

The Dead Zone

This person has been selling these stamped signatures for quite awhile.. assumed everyone knew about these.
    I’m guessing sorta maybe this individual made a rubber stamp imprint from a front board of one of the trade editions?
    Does anyone know if this is the same person who does the giveaway pen thing? (supposedly rewards personal pen to the author after the author has autographed)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a better picture of The Green Mile?

Dodgy is an understatement.
    sorry for the late reply, here's a bigger picture:

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Forged

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Not only forged, but used a black pen. Every signature King did in London was done with a blue pen.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you very much!
    Both are on ebay, the Green Mile one with a 50 pound starting bid.
    Both have no bids yet

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

FOR SALE:

*The Dead Zone (UK)

SOLD:

*Cujo

*Christine (UK)

*Carrie (BCE)

*IT

*Pet Sematary

Carrie

The Dead Zone

This person has been selling these stamped signatures for quite awhile.. assumed everyone knew about these.
    I’m guessing sorta maybe this individual made a rubber stamp imprint from a front board of one of the trade editions?
    Does anyone know if this is the same person who does the giveaway pen thing? (supposedly rewards personal pen to the author after the author has autographed)

Same guy. He tricked me into buying one and i would love to get back at him. There is zero imprint from the signature.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone has called him out on Facebook, referencing this site. And this is his response...

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

He was actually trying to sell a fake on a King group? Wow, he’s either telling the truth or he thinks King collectors are pretty stupid.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    He was actually trying to sell a fake on a King group? Wow, he’s either telling the truth or he thinks King collectors are pretty stupid.
    He was selling an S/L in my group. I couldn’t call him out publicly cause it was definitely a signed limited. I did however Call him out privately as I didn’t want to go off on him unless it was a mistake. I would LOVE to here more from Cook and others here that have more ammo for me. He is an artist who has multiple blogs and has work out there and most scammers do it anonymously rather than jeopardize his career and what not. He is either VERY good at lying or he Is honest. I bought a book off him and he refunded me and said when it arrives look it over and ask the masses. I will be posting it here and on my group for thoughts and opinions. Doesn’t seem good though and at the same time... it does... again, could be the mark of an expert scammer. He even has a blog where part of it talks about fakes in the art world and how to watch for forgeries. Anyone else here ever deal with him?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    He is an artist who has multiple blogs and has work out there and most scammers do it anonymously rather than jeopardize his career and what not.
    Wow. He could be one of those “hide in plain sight” kind of scammers. Wish I could help but I’d never heard of him before this.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Drinking a cup of coffee, checking out eBay, and found this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...0.A0.H0.X.TRS5

Even my wife said "what the hell"?
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Drinking a cup of coffee, checking out eBay, and found this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...0.A0.H0.X.TRS5

Even my wife said "what the hell"?
    Seller took listing down, but yeah wow!!

Traveler blackie$ is on a distinguished road

I am curious. What was the listing for?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blackie$ View Post
    First edition - ? printing hardcover of IT.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blackie$ View Post
    First edition - ? printing hardcover of IT.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This guy has a couple legit sigs listed (Firestarter, Joyland), but the rest are crap (Misery, Four Past, PS, FDNS)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PET-SEMATAR...e/183377458188

Gunslinger Apprentice LetoAtreides will become famous soon enough LetoAtreides will become famous soon enough

Look at this beauty:

The auction in question.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

That's hands down the funniest attempt I have ever seen haha. The cursive isn't even correct... the s looks more like an uppercase cursive j.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Been wondering about these... Glad I checked here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 425 of 462 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 ... LastLast