Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 460 of 462 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,500 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this signature? It was evidently purchased then relisted? https://www.ebay.com/itm/126070207729

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mort View Post
    Thoughts on this signature? It was evidently purchased then relisted? https://www.ebay.com/itm/126070207729
    Trash.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I was thinking. I'm almost positive I saw the same designation in a sale just yesterday! Different seller, though???

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mort View Post
    That's what I was thinking. I'm almost positive I saw the same designation in a sale just yesterday! Different seller, though???
    You sure did. Same book.

here
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh my god! The seller didn't even change whatever that J designation is in the title! Unreal.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been meaning to write this for quite some time. About 7 months ago I came across an advertisement for an inscribed 1st/1st copy of Eyes of the Dragon in Fine/Fine condition. The book was being sold by Mystery Pier Books on Sunset Blvd. in West LA/Hollywood. The owner is a former actor, and he runs the store along with his son. Quite an impressive group of testimonials along with his particular backstory. The advertisement stressed that the DJ was as new and in perfect condition. The book itself was advertised as being in Fine condition. There were 3-4 pictures shown. They looked OK but I thought I'd be careful and talk to someone at the store before spending $1,750.

I spoke to the owner who had someone grab the book. He told me it was a beautiful copy! I asked for a discount and next-day delivery. We agreed at $1,600 next-day delivery. I was psyched when I picked it up at FedEx. Couldn't wait to open it up. I was utterly shocked at what I saw when I opened the box. The book seemed dirty/dusty. The pages were not white or "as new" as I was told. But worse, the main selling point was the supposed flawless DJ. There were many minute chips to the edges that took away from the DJ. I just couldn't believe that they advertised this as they did and told me on the phone what a great book this was. I felt used. There are no refunds given and none was asked for. I have never been so blatantly lied to before in a transaction. Feels like crap.

Moral of the story -- not everything you see on someone's website is exactly what you get. Not even talking to the owner is enough to confirm the condition of a book anymore. Check the refund policy before you buy. In the end, I blame myself for not doing my usual due diligence with a new seller. So, buyer beware if/when dealing with this business.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Hi John, sorry to read about your experience and thanks for sharing it. It's appalling for a book seller to have such poor integrity.

Similarly I've also noticed more dubious buy and sell activities on ebay after more than 20 years with them. I too was recently fleeced $370 for a delivered item that was not received. Another lesson to be learnt and avoid shipments to countries where local tracking is unavailable.

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

John and Honvie, I've been there, too. I'm really sorry. I try to be careful but sometimes I get excited and everything looks to be in order. UGH.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Honvie and Jack,

I looked at the website and was enamored with the Hollywood connections. Like a little kid! Take a look at the website and you'll see what I mean. In the end, it's still on me. It proves that you're not too old to make silly, costly and humbling decisions!

John

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

John, WOW. I just checked it out. I would've done the same thing as you - if that helps at all. It looks like a well-run, friendly place with knowledgable staff and reasonable prices. No shame here, just SUCKS. I'm sorry.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I've been meaning to write this for quite some time. About 7 months ago I came across an advertisement for an inscribed 1st/1st copy of Eyes of the Dragon in Fine/Fine condition. The book was being sold by Mystery Pier Books on Sunset Blvd. in West LA/Hollywood. The owner is a former actor, and he runs the store along with his son. Quite an impressive group of testimonials along with his particular backstory. The advertisement stressed that the DJ was as new and in perfect condition. The book itself was advertised as being in Fine condition. There were 3-4 pictures shown. They looked OK but I thought I'd be careful and talk to someone at the store before spending $1,750.

I spoke to the owner who had someone grab the book. He told me it was a beautiful copy! I asked for a discount and next-day delivery. We agreed at $1,600 next-day delivery. I was psyched when I picked it up at FedEx. Couldn't wait to open it up. I was utterly shocked at what I saw when I opened the box. The book seemed dirty/dusty. The pages were not white or "as new" as I was told. But worse, the main selling point was the supposed flawless DJ. There were many minute chips to the edges that took away from the DJ. I just couldn't believe that they advertised this as they did and told me on the phone what a great book this was. I felt used. There are no refunds given and none was asked for. I have never been so blatantly lied to before in a transaction. Feels like crap.

Moral of the story -- not everything you see on someone's website is exactly what you get. Not even talking to the owner is enough to confirm the condition of a book anymore. Check the refund policy before you buy. In the end, I blame myself for not doing my usual due diligence with a new seller. So, buyer beware if/when dealing with this business.

John
    "No refunds" is not a thing - if you used a credit card, you just say it's not as described and you send it back, and you charge it back.

I'm not saying you should or will - but you could.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear your transaction was not what you hoped.

Odds are you can find a replacement DJ (and yes...I know EOTD DJs are tough to find in FINE or better condition...but they are out there).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough Honvie is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

This seller seems to have a ton of dubious SK signed books.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29591795400...mis&media=COPY

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Honvie View Post
    This seller seems to have a ton of dubious SK signed books.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29591795400...mis&media=COPY
    I mesaged this seller on eBay to let them know the sigs were fake and they responded back asking why I thought that.
    They say they purchased 6 signed books at a charity Goodwill auction and they all came with COAs and the auction verified them as real. They were nice and polite and asked me to explain and thanked me for my time. So I don't think they are purposely selling fakes, seems they may be a victim themselves and don't know any better.
    No they know what they are doing. This is the SAME bullshit every forgery seller says. I really think they are lying and DO Know my man.. I do.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I tend to agree with Kris. The seller's intention is questionable with the derelict copy of IT.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

John
    "No refunds" is not a thing - if you used a credit card, you just say it's not as described and you send it back, and you charge it back.

I'm not saying you should or will - but you could.
    Yeah, Rahfa, I certainly could have done that. But honestly, I fell for the Hollywood movie star BS, saw what I wanted to see in the pictures (LOL, Leland Gaunt), and believed the guy when I spoke to him. So, I avoided the confrontation and the hassle of returning the book, getting the refund, etc. I posted about my experience so anyone here would be forewarned about this place. I think they have some SK books in their inventory now, but I'm sure the prices are outrageous, and I wouldn't believe the descriptions. BTW, great to see you here again!

Best,
    John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Sorry to hear your transaction was not what you hoped.

Odds are you can find a replacement DJ (and yes...I know EOTD DJs are tough to find in FINE or better condition...but they are out there).
    Hi Rick,

The DJ is actually VG-NF. But it was advertised as "pristine." I know how tough it is to find a pristine EOTD DJ and was pissed that I was lied to. I will part with it one day...but at a loss. And I'm sure that the buyer will be very happy with it. I don't want or need any pity from folks -- I just want some cooler weather here in northern VA! Good to see you -- hope all is well! Also, I'll be sending you a PM regarding a search that I'm conducting. You might be able to help me find a book.

Best,
    John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    A refund should have been offered. There is no way I dont think I would offer one. One time a lady missed a point of the sale describing issues. I even paid for the shipping back and forth even though the issue was stated as such. I am sorry they would not do that. I will keep my eye open as I know what you want... its a hard find.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tend to agree with Kris. The seller's intention is questionable with the derelict copy of IT.
    This seller seems to be working in conjunction with other sellers or is using multiple accounts. codydo-0 (13) has multiple books listed but they are in multiple locations(three different states) and all the signatures look the same. There are at least 8 books listed with the same looking signature.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot HP Spencer View Post
    This seller seems to be working in conjunction with other sellers or is using multiple accounts. codydo-0 (13) has multiple books listed but they are in multiple locations(three different states) and all the signatures look the same. There are at least 8 books listed with the same looking signature.
    Great sleuthing! It's exceedingly tough buying and selling with all the dishonesty, scams and exorbitant fees.

Country
    Country Flag

Is this a new epileptic SK signature?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38610632607...mis&media=COPY

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That signature is terrible! I just sent the seller a quick (and polite) note asking for him/her to take the listing down. Let's see what happens.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this signature? Authenticated by JSA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19597924040...mis&media=COPY

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this signature? Authenticated by JSA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19597924040...mis&media=COPY
    You're kidding, right?

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Equally flabbergasted. It's either a super sloppy sig or JSA is BS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 460 of 462 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 LastLast