Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 462 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 332 382 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I call bullshit

THE STAND

Anyone disagree?
    Totally agree.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Decent attempt....

Sucks though.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

at least they didn't deface a 1st edition
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not as proficient at identifying fake King signatures as some of you here, so I was curious as to what some of the telltale signs are. I've had a look at that page showing the various authentic signatures over the decades but I still seem to have a hard time spotting the 'better' fakes.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'm not as proficient at identifying fake King signatures as some of you here, so I was curious as to what some of the telltale signs are. I've had a look at that page showing the various authentic signatures over the decades but I still seem to have a hard time spotting the 'better' fakes.
    It takes time. There are a lot of things to look for. The wiki signature page of S/L's is good for comparison. It isn't perfect because SK has such a shitty signature sometimes and it changes. I added a link to Very Fine Books S/L signature comparison page in the discussion section of the signature wiki. They are doing basically the same thing as we have here. They do have different signatures for the various years which might help.

There are many forgeries. If the book is not a S/L or by a trusted source then it is suspect.

There are many things to look for to detect forgeries. There are books and online articles that can help inform you.

I can help with a few things to look for. They might not mean the signature is bad, but they should raise a red flag.

Mis-spelling, eg., Steph King.
    If King's signature looks too much like "King." his signature usually looks more like Knig than King.
    It might show a hesitation in the signature, eg., Squigly lines, Hesitation points (ink splotches where the forger paused), extra loops, loops going the wrong direction, etc..
    The signature might not match the purported year. eg., An older looking signature in a recent book, A recent looking signature in an older book especially when dated long ago.
    The same seller with varying books of varying ages with similar signatures.
    The item is from a bad seller that has already been outed in these forums.
    The signature is larger or smaller than usual compared to a good signature.
    The placement of the signature is unusual.
    "Stephen" looks good but "King" looks wrong or vice versa.
    The auction or BIN is priced low.
    The book is a later edition or BCE.
    The first and last name don't line up naturally. ie., The first name was written and then after a pause the last name.
    There are many other "tells". Perhaps others will add to my list.

You can always post a suspect signature for opinion in the appropriate forum for member's opinions.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't say why that signature looks wrong, but it does. It may be the handwritten date that looks "off" to me as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the replies. That's good information. Came across this one after posting here. I'm guessing this is clearly a fake: Ebay

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. That's good information. Came across this one after posting here. I'm guessing this is clearly a fake: Ebay
    Yes.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Clearly. That's very bad.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Terrible

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This seller has several King signed books for sale. Are they any good? I'm interested in some of his other stuff, but if King is no good then I'm not risking others.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/King-Stephen...item1e8ba0e46d

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd stay away from Cycle of the Werewolf.

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No good.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You are obviously wrong about it. It has a Certificate of Authenticity. Who are you to question David Buck's certification?
    Spoiler:

Who the fuck is David Buck?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That is horrible.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great description:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rose-Madder-...item3ce19c896d

Description - Rose Madder by Stephen King. Good Condition. Picture shows where the damage is. On the spine of the book there is white markings picture shows also.

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I bids on this over a week ago (almost 2 weeks now) and forgot about it until I got an email saying I won it for the opening bid, I was sure I'd be outbid. It looks genuine to me but thought I'd see what you guys think? I've never seen such a large King signature.

Two Dead Girls SIGNED by Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    I bids on this over a week ago (almost 2 weeks now) and forgot about it. I won it for the opening bid, I was sure I'd be outbid. It looks genuine to me but thought I'd see what you guys think? I've never seen such a large King signature.

Two Dead Girls SIGNED by Stephen King
    I'm going to let more knowledgeable people comment, but there are lots of things I don't like about that. The size is just one of them (although it's the thing that worries me most)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't look good to me.
    Have you already paid?

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Yep, already paid I usually post here first to double check but it was a low opening bid (35 british pounds) and then I forgot about it and was away travelling so meh :/

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I don't think that's good.

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The low price should have been the warning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 462 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 332 382 ... LastLast