Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 462 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 410 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Now I'm reminiscing. nursenancy2233, iowabob, randtor, chriscujo, hutch. I'll probably remember others later today if I think about it. maxdevore, of course (AKA deadzone).
    Good memory Bob! I think I lost to all of them at one time or another!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    My deadzone handle made it into a Forbes magazine article where a guy was explaining what eBay was all about. I was bidding on an Easton Press edition of The Dead Zone that caught the reporter's eye -- he figured he didn't stand much of a chance against a bidder with that name.
    I have a copy of that Forbes magazine. Good stuff! I think I miss the days on eBay when the bidders usernames were listed and not obscured. You knew exactly who you were bidding against and the King world on eBay seemed much smaller and more intimate (if that's the right word).

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Definitely -- it was a much smaller world back then. I miss them, too.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

So do I.

John

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed our old pal brennan (on eBay) is back. He only had one S/L and no other "signed" books. He has a new username and seems to have cleaned up his act.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree.

John

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ALL of this sellers King "signatures" are pretty suspect...
    magicmuzaofart

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    magicmuzaofart
    Heck, I'd say "pretty suspect" is kind! This sellers stuff is crapola all the way
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    magicmuzaofart
    Not just suspect....down right forged. ALL OF THEM.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This guy is pissing me off soooooo bad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item339d5a3f06

I want to call the Seattle Washing police department and report his forgery sales. I'm starting to hate him as much I do the seller Brennan.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Was that the Mr. Mercedes he put up?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Yes...among a lot of other forged Kings. Simply terrible.

I think the seller already removed Mr. Mercedes. My message to seller about forged items being sent through the mail creates a Federal Offense.

Here is a link to another one the seller is moving:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item339d59d4fc

If you look at ALL the sellers signed books, they are forged.

Mulleins

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Mr. Mercedes was pretty bad!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been looking for a copy of the IT 25th Anniversary by Cemetery Dance and came across the below on ebay. I'm tempted to jump on it, but I'm a new collector, the sellers has low rating, and it's listed as a Publisher's Copy and "PC" is filled in. Look legit? Appreciate any and all help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181657254903...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes legit. Being a PC copy possibly would not bid higher than the current price.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Terrible penmanship on the "PC", but I say it's legit and is $200 below issue. Being a PC, I suggest you don't pay more than $1,700. Send the buyer a message and offer less than the $1.8K asking price. He can always lower the BIN.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you so much Randall and jonp! Greatly appreciate the help. I'm going to reach out to the seller and see if we can work out a lower price.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

I think the seller already removed Mr. Mercedes. My message to seller about forged items being sent through the mail creates a Federal Offense.

Mulleins
    Ralph,

I also sent a letter to this seller -- but I wasn't very nice to him/her. Let's see if this gets pulled within a day or two. If not, my next letter will include the ebay legal department as a cc: to the Federal Attorney Fraud Department (Eastern District). Let's keep the pressure on these crooks.

John

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Thank you so much Randall and jonp! Greatly appreciate the help. I'm going to reach out to the seller and see if we can work out a lower price.
    I already like you man ! new collector buying IT S/L .....

Welcome to the site

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post

Mulleins
    Ralph,

I also sent a letter to this seller -- but I wasn't very nice to him/her. Let's see if this gets pulled within a day or two. If not, my next letter will include the ebay legal department as a cc: to the Federal Attorney Fraud Department (Eastern District). Let's keep the pressure on these crooks.

John
    The seller now modified his/her auctions by removing the word signature in the title and claims "There is a signature on a head page - origin unknown".

Check out this signature:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321661500630

ALL of his/her auctions are forged books. Just removing the word "signed" from the title shouldn't protect the seller from any wrong doing. Especially since he/she has been contacted and reported.

The seller did ask me for Kings secretary contact to locate a person to verify signatures. This should be interesting....haha.

Mulleins

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post

Mulleins
    Ralph,

John
    The seller now modified his/her auctions by removing the word signature in the title and claims "There is a signature on a head page - origin unknown".

Check out this signature:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321661500630

ALL of his/her auctions are forged books. Just removing the word "signed" from the title shouldn't protect the seller from any wrong doing. Especially since he/she has been contacted and reported.

The seller did ask me for Kings secretary contact to locate a person to verify signatures. This should be interesting....haha.

Mulleins
    I also received a reply stating that the ad doesn't mention that it's a King signature...just that it is signed. I explained the futility of that defense but I doubt he/she grasped what I wrote. Also, he accused me of sending your e-mail and explained the ebay rules about multiple identities on ebay. I am still chuckling...no, laughing! More to follow, I'm sure.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

hahahahahahhahhahahaaaaa....multiple identities. I love it. Just wait until all the members here start reporting the auctions. This person won't know what hit them.

Mulleins

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hahahahahahhahhahahaaaaa....multiple identities. I love it. Just wait until all the members here start reporting the auctions. This person won't know what hit them.

Mulleins
    I am entering the fray with a strongly worded message to the seller too. Let's see how he can say my ebay usename - which is registered in the UK, can be a multiple ID... LOL! LOL! LOL!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

After all these multiple identities, Don't I need a shrink?

Mulleins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 462 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 410 ... LastLast