Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 462 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 322 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    He's gotten bolder too. I reported the "signed" books but not much more can be done. If more people reported his books, eBay would take them down.
    One of his latest is a 'signed' 2nd state Salem's Lot. When I saw the listing, I was incredibly upset that he would add a fake sig to that book. Turns out it's a loose signed bookplate. Still fake, obviously, but he's trying to get $1,300 for it!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...1#ht_780wt_958

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

No. I don't like either one. Both forgeries.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think they are both forgeries as well.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

may i get an opinion on this one. the inscriptions looks okay to me but i can't match the signature to any other 90's that i've seen.
    the 'King' in particular looks off to me:
    [IMG][/IMG]

i'd feel a lot better with input from others.
    appreciate you taking the time to look.
    j
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Personally it looks pretty good to me but im not a huge expert like some of the others

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    may i get an opinion on this one. the inscriptions looks okay to me but i can't match the signature to any other 90's that i've seen.
    [IMG][/IMG]

j
    I have my doubts about it.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

why do you have doubts?

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    why do you have doubts?
    1) with best wishes, especially the w in "with" and "wishes"
    2) stephen, esepcially the "hen" and the "n" and beginning of the loop
    3) King..well, the whole thing

Those things bother me. It also bothers me that there isnt really anything about the signature that I feel confident about as a whole. I know that his signatures can get "wild" sometimes due to being tired or being rushed. So, when comparing, I like to see more "points" in the signature that matches up to what we have examples of in the gallery, especially around the same timeline( if something is really strange, I look for an example outside the timeline to see if he has done something similiar). That's my method when judging his signature.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

[IMG][/IMG]

j
    If it is a fake, I'll eat my hat. The "b" in "best" and the "w" in wishes match exactly most of Kings inscriptions from that time frame.

My Mood
    Inspired

that was my thought to Rf - there are too many consistencies that I saw to make me think otherwise

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will move this to "Intriguing" if need be.
    I haven't seen a lot of "Bachman" sigs, and fewer still where King puts his name in parenthesis.
    Thoughts?

Bachman Richard (Stephen King) The Long Walk First British edition, Inscribed

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I haven't seen a lot of "Bachman" sigs, and fewer still where King puts his name in parenthesis.
    Thoughts?

Interesting. Anyone care to put a value on it?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're avatar change is not acceptable, very sorry. Crow man!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Thoughts?

Interesting. Anyone care to put a value on it?
    Less than $425. I'd pay ~$175 because paperbacks just don't do it for me.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's a unique inscription and also signed by "Bachman". The Long Walk is my favourite Bachman so I'd pay $200 for this. Maybe a little more if there was a bidding was at the end.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, if i was still collecting signature i would be very interested

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think having bachmans signature is pretty cool. Especially on The Long Walk too. At least $200 for me.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I think having bachmans signature is pretty cool. Especially on The Long Walk too. At least $200 for me.
    It's better on a Lettered Regulators

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am holding off on the individual Bachman books until I can find pristine copies. I would probably happily pay a LOT if I could find a nice pristine Rage.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    It's better on a Lettered Regulators
    Can't argue with that

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I think it's legit and very cool. Interesting how the inscription and Bachman sig look so much better (less sloppy) then the King signature. He must really be sick and tired of signing his name. It's a UK edition so to me not worth the 400+ he had it listed for but I would pay around 200 or so.

Thoughts?

reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Im not an expert but I agree with RF. Curious to hear other opinions. Always trying to sharpen my skills on these sig evaluations

j
    If it is a fake, I'll eat my hat. The "b" in "best" and the "w" in wishes match exactly most of Kings inscriptions from that time frame.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Country
    Country Flag

[IMG][/IMG]

j
    RF, im trying to find some signatures with/without incrsiptions along the same timeline, I would greatly appreciate the help in pointing me in the right direction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 462 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 322 ... LastLast