Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 462 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bob, I wouldn't invest my money in that one. There are several flags on the sig. The first is the name King has too many swoops. Then there is the "K" in King. The bottom is very far apart while other examples from that year have the bottom of the "K" being MUCH closer together. Finally, the name Stephen is very loopy while Sai King's name is usually very straight with his "t", "p", "h", and even the "S". That's three major flags and while (with the exception of the entire first name not looking right) the flags can be explained as just a rushed sig, the presence of all three flags suggest a possible forgery.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't like it. Period.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps it's real, but I don't like it and wouldn't buy it.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

King's genuine signature nearly always looks like he signs it "Knig".

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

That Skeleton Crew one is drivel
    Calla Wolf

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone want a book signed by Stephen Rug?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Des...item3efe4a4079

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Wow, hard to beat that one!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I found a signed and dated (in the year of publication) copy of SKELETON CREW on ABE. I have long looked for such a copy. SKELETON CREW is one of the few books by King that I do not have signed.

I asked the seller for a scan of the signature and here is what I got. I know what I think but told the seller I would submit it to the group for a collective opinion.

it's both huge and ugly. Some may point out the numbering on the date look good.... but are the numbers the easiest part to forge it thus inclined. The signature just doesn't look right. There is no part of it that would justify a claim of perhaps a rushed signature. I guess the bottom line is ... is this one you would be proud to have in your own collection?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I've told the seller it's a fake (of course he didn't pull the listing) and reported it to ebay. Two people have bid on it already, but the price isn't high for a trade yet. Either way, it's still too much for a forged book.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Calla Wolf

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pure rubbish, and a bad photo to boot.

Country
    Country Flag

Nope, nope, and nope!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts:

Ebay link

Country
    Country Flag

Fake. I've never seen King make so personal a note in a book and not put the person's name in it. PLUS, it's signed "Steve" and so would have been to a friend, obviously. I cry bullshit.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just not sure. It sure seems consistent with King's 1978 signatures. But, as Sam says, it is not personalized with the name of the recipient. It seems pricey, too. I'd avoid it without more proof of provenance.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The 'Drinking' part of the inscription could mean King was a bit buzzed when signing.
    "With best wishes for the drinks and the company---thanks---Stephen King January 10, 1978."

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I am leaning towards authentic.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if it is real or not but I just don't think I could spend $750 on a paperback.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$750 is far-fetched, but it is an interesting inscription.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I would say it's real.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

authentic without fault
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thoughts:

Ebay link

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the sig looks good and the writing looks like other I have from that time...
    I thought I had seen inscriptions before without the name .... however checked several in my collection and all have a name.....so far.
    Still would consider it is most likely authentic.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    I think the sig looks good and the writing looks like other I have from that time...
    I thought I had seen inscriptions before without the name .... however checked several in my collection and all have a name.....so far.
    Still would consider it is most likely authentic.
    However too pricey for a paperback.....at least for my collection.
    Same seller also has a PB Carrie inscribed $750

Country
    Country Flag

Way overpriced for me as well, but without the name I'm very suspect. The whole thing looks legit, but the lack of the name is what really bothers me. Besides the price I mean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 462 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast