Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 462 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    This one looks good to me, what do the forum experts think?

Good.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    \

i don't like it.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    That signature is consistant with 1994-1996 period.
    its interesting that it has the reciept and i can't imagine stu selling a forgery, but sig looks off to me. thats why i like to ask here
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can imagine just about anyone selling a forgery. The question is how good is the forgery? In this case not very close. Looks like one of those Tina H. signed photos from a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    That signature is consistant with 1994-1996 period.
    its interesting that it has the reciept and i can't imagine stu selling a forgery, but sig looks off to me. thats why i like to ask here

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Additionally, there is no proof that the receipt actually went along with the photo now being sold with it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm. The "K" seems awfully high up...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item27c59499fb

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Hmm. The "K" seems awfully high up...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item27c59499fb
    It is fake.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone just paid $96 for crap.

John F. Kennedy z3r0_co0oL is on a distinguished road z3r0_co0oL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

15x Stephen King Hardcover Books "Weltbild" Collection "German"
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/280859485889

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, but I think you might have been looking for *link*this thread*link* unless of course you are suggesting there is something whch is BS about your own auction.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is one of the worst of all time, right? The seller is representing this as signed by King, but to me it looks like someone wrote their name on the inside of the book. It looks like the last name is "Kocz" (if that's a real name).

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely horrendous!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Xile is on a distinguished road Xile's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are these people intentionally trying to sell fakes or are they just clueless about the sig? After hanging out in this thread awhile, it surprises me that most of these people selling this bunk shit are at 100% feedback.
    X-man: The One Man Wolfpack...

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Worst part about it is that somebody actually placed a bid.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hoping my bid stays...jk
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking these are fake, but I need the experts opinion on a couple of signatures here... Thanks!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm no expert but i don't like either of them, 1st - the pause after the 'h', then the sweep round for the 't' doesn't look right and then the 'K' too. 2nd - the 's', sweep and 'k' look wrong to me.

Country
    Country Flag

You are correct.....

Bad, Bad, Bad....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. The thing that bothers me the most... finding dishonest sellers on eBay is one thing, but when the so-called booksellers are out on Alibris, AbeBooks, etc. and trying to sell complete junk, it just makes the circle of reputable sellers that much smaller.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Thanks guys. The thing that bothers me the most... finding dishonest sellers on eBay is one thing, but when the so-called booksellers are out on Alibris, AbeBooks, etc. and trying to sell complete junk, it just makes the circle of reputable sellers that much smaller.
    Yep, both are fake without hesitation. Keep in mind, some sellers on Alibris, AbeBooks, etc. are nothing more than sellers that we as a team, have helped get rid of off EBay.

They will continue to peddle the I'll gotten goods until the industry puts the foot down. Sad to say, I don't see that in the near future.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate when EBay sellers use Kings name to get hits on his/her auction. Seller should yanked.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-Paul-Wilso...9#ht_620wt_922

Mulleins

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This seller is not a novice, but rather than clearly state the book isn't a first edition, (and knowing it isn't-why not open the back pages for the T-code?) the words are carefully couched to obfuscate.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item19cfd0c48c

It has been price clipped so I don't know what edition it is........................The number on the last page is a T something, but is too tight to see what else.

Country
    Country Flag

See Auction Title / Subtitle. Looks like his aunt gave him a piece of shit......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cell-Signed-...#ht_500wt_1123

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I hate when EBay sellers use Kings name to get hits on his/her auction. Seller should yanked.

Mulleins

That's always pissed me off too. I just love wasting my time looking at stuff I don't want to see what/if there's actually a King connection I'm unaware of.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins

That's always pissed me off too. I just love wasting my time looking at stuff I don't want to see what/if there's actually a King connection I'm unaware of.
    No King connection. Look at the seller response:

Dear mulleins,

Hi,
    Heh - He doesn't. It's a way to get more people to see an auction. For example, a novel by Paul Wilson may appeal to Stephen King fans, so by putting King's name in the description line, this auction will pop up when someone does a search for "Signed Stephen King" etc.
    Sorry for any confusion!!!
    :-)

- mountainstreambudo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 462 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 ... LastLast