Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 462 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 448 ... LastLast
Results 10,926 to 10,950 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    This guy has sold and continues to sell garbage:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/beherenowma...?_trksid=p3692

Mulleins
    Yeah, his Dark Half one is particularly bad.
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Most are clearly fakes, but IT might be legit, but without closeup o signature impossible to tell. Also could be a BCE. Lastly, the pics in his auction conflict with his description, as all the auctions say Tommyknockers in the description.

What a dummy.

SIGNED First Edition Christine BOOK Stephen King Shining Firestarter Carrie Cujo

$1.25
    Jul-21 21:204 bids
    +$15.00 shipping

SIGNED First Edition IT BOOK Stephen King Shining Firestarter Misery Carrie Cujo

$5.50
    Jul-21 21:154 bids
    +$15.00 shipping

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post
    Hmm...this is a greyfell. They live only about an hour away. I'm wondering should I just do a return or have it authenticated (it's the only way ebay will just automatically do the return)...anyone else do this with them, do they make it difficult?
    HE IS A KNOWN POS FORGERY COCK SUCKER. Fuck that guy.
    So, because he's down the road and I see people like even Betts sell the cases I wrote a message to Greyfell about this signature. You guys were all unanimous in your thumbs down on it, and I let him know I had experts tell me it wasn't legit and I had a conundrum b/c I didn't want to waste money on COA and needed to know what information he had.

This was his reply:

"Apologies in advance for the tome that follows and the issue. First, I too share your disdain for the anything that is not authentic. My very first purchase on eBay in 2001 was a 'signed' copy of Suttree by Cormac McCarthy which turned out later - in the very worst of circumstances with McCarthy himself actually pointing it out - not to be a legitimate signing. I'd given it as a gift to a friend who showed it to him as he wanted his opinion on the slipcase I'd made for it. I'm not sure who was more mortified - him when he was told, or me when I was. To be fair, it all turned out well and I got to meet McCarthy and ended in getting quite a few books signed and picked up some future business. But having gone through that I never want to see a fake signature again.

I do also have to say that I have had a lot of King books over the years and I deal with most of the major King collectors in the country - mainly because I make cases for most of them - so I'd be quite interested to know who those people are that think the signing is not legit. I'm hopeful its not one of the small number of people who have made it onto my naughty list in the past for non-payment of custom slipcases orders and who I refuse to complete work for any more. Personally I don't have an issue with the signing. The plate itself was made from the signature page of a damaged copy of Christine that I purchased in New Orleans post Hurricane Katrina. The small collection it came from had belonged to Hettie Simpson (an acquaintance of Anne Rice) whose home had suffered flooding damage."

Thoughts? Elaborate story or what? I'll say this, sometimes someone is brought up with disdain but very few match the feelings about this guy. On the other side, most times I call someone out they get very defensive and try to weasel out of it. He offered to take a return. I'm likely just going to send it back and likely get blocked from buying from him in the future which is fine. With that, I was wondering what you guys think about this explanation and why the vitriol level is so high.

Thanks
    Seeking:

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hmm...this is a greyfell. They live only about an hour away. I'm wondering should I just do a return or have it authenticated (it's the only way ebay will just automatically do the return)...anyone else do this with them, do they make it difficult?
    HE IS A KNOWN POS FORGERY COCK SUCKER. Fuck that guy.
    So, because he's down the road and I see people like even Betts sell the cases I wrote a message to Greyfell about this signature. You guys were all unanimous in your thumbs down on it, and I let him know I had experts tell me it wasn't legit and I had a conundrum b/c I didn't want to waste money on COA and needed to know what information he had.

This was his reply:

"Apologies in advance for the tome that follows and the issue. First, I too share your disdain for the anything that is not authentic. My very first purchase on eBay in 2001 was a 'signed' copy of Suttree by Cormac McCarthy which turned out later - in the very worst of circumstances with McCarthy himself actually pointing it out - not to be a legitimate signing. I'd given it as a gift to a friend who showed it to him as he wanted his opinion on the slipcase I'd made for it. I'm not sure who was more mortified - him when he was told, or me when I was. To be fair, it all turned out well and I got to meet McCarthy and ended in getting quite a few books signed and picked up some future business. But having gone through that I never want to see a fake signature again.

I do also have to say that I have had a lot of King books over the years and I deal with most of the major King collectors in the country - mainly because I make cases for most of them - so I'd be quite interested to know who those people are that think the signing is not legit. I'm hopeful its not one of the small number of people who have made it onto my naughty list in the past for non-payment of custom slipcases orders and who I refuse to complete work for any more. Personally I don't have an issue with the signing. The plate itself was made from the signature page of a damaged copy of Christine that I purchased in New Orleans post Hurricane Katrina. The small collection it came from had belonged to Hettie Simpson (an acquaintance of Anne Rice) whose home had suffered flooding damage."

Thoughts? Elaborate story or what? I'll say this, sometimes someone is brought up with disdain but very few match the feelings about this guy. On the other side, most times I call someone out they get very defensive and try to weasel out of it. He offered to take a return. I'm likely just going to send it back and likely get blocked from buying from him in the future which is fine. With that, I was wondering what you guys think about this explanation and why the vitriol level is so high.

Thanks
    Well firstly any COA you get is a waste of money. They mean nothing...The PSAs, DNAs, JSAs and whatever the hell else dont know their ass from their elbow with King sigs... Any experienced King collector will steer away rather than toward a COA signature(regardless).

This guy has been known among the community as a 'seller of questionable sigs"...for quite a long time really. Its not one collector saying "stay away"(someone on this idiot's theoretical naughty list)...its an entire group of experienced collectors. I personally wouldnt have anything this guy is selling..from his shitty looking cases to his "questionable" sigs
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

JSA has very high standards and from my experience they would rather reject something questionable than pass it. PSA & DNA will pass almost anything close.

That's been my experience.
    Seeking:

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My experience (and most others I know) has not been similar to yours. I think JSA is a joke but of course..just my opinion..I will say without a shadow of a doubt..the grand majority will run from your "authenticated" books...even if the sig is legit(a toss up at best)

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Always good to hear about other's experiences. Did you send in to them and get opposite of expectation? I've done about 25 and only a couple went a different direction and they had good reasoning. With that, it's not like it's going to be perfect for sure.

I'll say this, it's way better than the ebay seller offering their own COA

I actually got tricked by an elaborate Australian seller who had a signed Bob Marley LP. I was super excited and when I got it in they had "Australian's top authentication" with a LOA almost identical to what JSA will provide. It looked totally legit. With that, I wanted a LOA from a US company so sent it to JSA and....it failed. Talked to them about and they said the LOA was about as good a fake. A deeper dive and I found out that this "company" in Australia was the seller themselves and they even hosted a site where you could put in the number associated with the authentication and it would bring up the report. It looked totally professional. At that price level of ripping people off they could afford to do all that I guess. Amazing how deep this bullshit can go. I try to buy/sell mostly S/L to avoid that concern but there's something really nice about a signed trade 1st print.
    Seeking:

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Always good to hear about other's experiences. Did you send in to them and get opposite of expectation? I've done about 25 and only a couple went a different direction and they had good reasoning. With that, it's not like it's going to be perfect for sure.

I'll say this, it's way better than the ebay seller offering their own COA

I actually got tricked by an elaborate Australian seller who had a signed Bob Marley LP. I was super excited and when I got it in they had "Australian's top authentication" with a LOA almost identical to what JSA will provide. It looked totally legit. With that, I wanted a LOA from a US company so sent it to JSA and....it failed. Talked to them about and they said the LOA was about as good a fake. A deeper dive and I found out that this "company" in Australia was the seller themselves and they even hosted a site where you could put in the number associated with the authentication and it would bring up the report. It looked totally professional. At that price level of ripping people off they could afford to do all that I guess. Amazing how deep this bullshit can go. I try to buy/sell mostly S/L to avoid that concern but there's something really nice about a signed trade 1st print.
    Just seeing them out in the wild, man. Ive seen so many JSA authentic seals of approval on obviously forged books...Reminds me of the Tommy Boy line "Do you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will...I have Spare time" .I wouldnt ever send anything in...Im only talking about King of course(as thats the only sig i have a half ass clue about)... You are right..the bullshit does indeed go deep(hence this thread)

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm betting they are better at some than others, and I can't see a better source than this group here. I'll probably never buy a King book without this seal of approval.
    Seeking:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Obviously my opinion could be considered biased, but I know of no other website where there are more than a dozen serious, and a handful of super collectors that are available to render their expertise and evaluate King signatures.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Obviously my opinion could be considered biased, but I know of no other website where there are more than a dozen serious, and a handful of super collectors that are available to render their expertise and evaluate King signatures.
    It didn't take me long to figure out this was ground zero for good information on it.
    Seeking:

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

JSA is as much a joke as the rest
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Take some time to research Steve Grad and James Spence(JSA), the results should speak volumes
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi All

Can I get some opinions on this signature?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by erxbooks View Post
    Hi All

Can you post it larger?
    Seeking:

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi All

It’s impossible to tell with that size of picture.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

He posted the thumbnail. Here's the full pic...

It's no good.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep not good. Thanks Brian.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope!
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi All

Thanks. Next time I will make sure to attach a larger image. I greatly appreciate all the help.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi All

Thanks. Next time I will make sure to attach a larger image. I greatly appreciate all the help.
    In the gallery you need to select the image you want to post. There are three choices for higher resolution images. You accidentally selected the thumbnail (smallest pic at the top) image. Just right click the regular image under the thumbnails to share or left click the regular image and right click the larger image that comes up. I did the last option with your pic to post the largest picture.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, bought this from a very trusted source, but it was shipped from the person consigned from. I have been told by a very trusted source their opinion, but want to put it out for everyone else.

Seeking:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

POOP. 100%
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No bueno...

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks...while disappointing it does illustrate to me a good lesson that everything should run through here first unless I see it signed myself.

Also, thanks go out to the friend who reached out to let me know before I was part of the problem as well.
    Seeking:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 462 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 448 ... LastLast