Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 368 of 462 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 418 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    The facsimile dustjackets bother me, unless they are marked, "facsimile" somewhere on them.
    The seller states that the rear flaps aren't present. It can't be confused with a real dustjacket.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The facsimile dustjackets bother me, unless they are marked, "facsimile" somewhere on them.
    The seller states that the rear flaps aren't present. It can't be confused with a real dustjacket.
    In talking with Cemetery Dance about this (the seller created a dust jacket from the limited edition IT) CD said it's the artwork in violation. He doesn't have permission to use it or copy it.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I was going to post that too. Really bad!!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Wow, this dung apparently sold for best offer. Hope offer was $0.27!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    In talking with Cemetery Dance about this (the seller created a dust jacket from the limited edition IT) CD said it's the artwork in violation. He doesn't have permission to use it or copy it.

Mulleins
    It's definitely a copyright violation.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    I thought maybe they didn't know, guess not:

"Be my guest, it will save me the time in embarrassing you. Not forged but thanks for wasting your time, you must have alot of it."

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    I thought maybe they didn't know, guess not:

"Be my guest, it will save me the time in embarrassing you. Not forged but thanks for wasting your time, you must have alot of it."
    Well for one, he does not realize "alot" is not a word.

Someone did buy the Forged Regulators but then gave him a negative review and said all his King sigs are fake so he cancelled the order and supposedly reported that person to ebay. it says all that in the re-listed text.

The Regulators SIGNED 2X by Stephen King & Richard Bachman 1ST (1996, Hardcover)

Does reporting these people as frauds do any good? I mean has ebay ever actually banned someone for selling forgeries?

I'm going to report him but I'm not sure it will do any good.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Not sure if this one has been posted or not but...

Just after Sunset Signed by Stephen King (2008, Hardcover)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Don't trust it.

sk

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

Don't trust it.

sk
    Crap, and this seller's other 'signed' King books (active and previously listed) are crap.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

Don't trust it.

sk
    Crap, and this seller's other 'signed' King books (active and previously listed) are crap.
    Definitely!

sk

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This seller (all the signatures are forged) is terrible:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Steph.../231858199838?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He is a piece of shit. Sorry but he has been doing this for awhile.... I really wish these guys would get busted. Kills me....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

When you ask the seller how the signatures came about, he cuts and paste the same response.

He knows he is selling forged copies. No one in the industry cares and that includes Kings office.....why? Because the book itself is legit. If we started seeing pirated King books, they would be all over it.

I'm sure King gets a laugh out of seeing his signature butchered.

We all feel sorry for the people who purchase a forged book. I purchased a forged copy before learning, and now I'm a better stronger collector because of it. I believe the King forged business has brought many new members here making our DT family grow. So, when you get a chance, thank the forgers...haha.

Time to fill up my coffee again and stop typing.

Mulleins

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

This is very worrisome to me. Not unexpected but very worrisome. James Spence is one of the more respected autograph authenticating services. To see him/them certify this as authentic is just terrible. I think they made their reputation in sports collectibles but, after seeing this, I wouldn't trust their judgement there either. I am really sorry to see this. We are much better judges of real vs. fake King signatures than they are.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...MAAOSwe7BW0ILp

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a similar one a few years ago that I bought sight unseen from a collector I knew. When it arrived, it just didn't feel right so I solicited a few opinions and they came back mixed. I continued to have my doubts so I just returned it.
    I fear this particular style of forgery has become so prevalent, that it is starting to be accepted as legitimate even by respected authenticators.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    This is very worrisome to me. Not unexpected but very worrisome. James Spence is one of the more respected autograph authenticating services. To see him/them certify this as authentic is just terrible. I think they made their reputation in sports collectibles but, after seeing this, I wouldn't trust their judgement there either. I am really sorry to see this. We are much better judges of real vs. fake King signatures than they are.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...MAAOSwe7BW0ILp
    What's on that book....mold?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When you ask the seller how the signatures came about, he cuts and paste the same response.

He knows he is selling forged copies. No one in the industry cares and that includes Kings office.....why? Because the book itself is legit. If we started seeing pirated King books, they would be all over it.

We all feel sorry for the people who purchase a forged book. I purchased a forged copy before learning, and now I'm a better stronger collector because of it. I believe the King forged business has brought many new members here making our DT family grow. So, when you get a chance, thank the forgers...haha.

Mulleins
    First flat-signed I bought was a fake which I only discovered after immersing myself here, on this website. I even believe that the seller thought it was a genuine signature. I kept the book as a reminder of never to be an impatient douche when buying a flat-signed again.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

Mulleins
    First flat-signed I bought was a fake which I only discovered after immersing myself here, on this website. I even believe that the seller thought it was a genuine signature. I kept the book as a reminder of never to be an impatient douche when buying a flat-signed again.
    The first flatsigned I bought was a forgery too. The members here set me straight and I was able to return it. The seller was actually banned from eBay a while later. (Imagine that!)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I bought two fakes earlyish in my collecting - they were a trace job so looked good in the image, and the price was just too good to be true.

In my "inventory," I've since rolled the price of the books into other books...so the dollar-cost-average reflects the wasted money that way, but I don't have to look at an item in red...haha

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

The first signed King book I ever bid on on ebay I won for like 60 dollars. At first I was thrilled, but then the low price started to kind of gnaw at me and make me nervous. I started doing some research, which led me to this site, educated me a bit, and led me cancel the purchase before it was shipped. Thanks TDT.org!

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

And here's a seller attempting to sell the Dolores Claiborne Gift Edition with facsimile auto as a real autograph

www.ebay.com/itm/231873250800

But hey, it comes with a COA!!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    And here's a seller attempting to sell the Dolores Claiborne Gift Edition with facsimile auto as a real autograph

What Bob might call a Jackwagon.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post

What Bob might call a Jackwagon.
    Listing ended

+ Reply to Thread
Page 368 of 462 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 418 ... LastLast