FREE / Available at the comic con only.
    July 22nd - 26th, 2009

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

what?

why does he look like he's in his 30s?!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

But more importantly... who's going that can get me a pristine copy?!?!?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

i can only think of one person that i know for sure will be going, and i don't think he has logged in for more than a year.

sorry.

My Mood
    Gay

Tickets to the SDCC are pretty much sold out already anyways.

It will be a dream trip of mine, one year.

Oh, well, eBay, here I come.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

i've actually been trying to get in touch with him recently.

if i do, i'll ask him for you.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This may be one series that I'll be skipping. I've been rather disappointed in The Stand, and, given the cover of this issue, I'm afraid I'll be disappointed again. I'm continuing The Stand because I don't want to stop in the middle, but I don't think I'll even start this one unless I hear some very good things about it. I guess I'm just not a graphics novel kind of guy.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm with you on that one. The Dark Tower ones interest me because there is new story and all of the extra material, but I've lost interest in The Stand because it's simply telling the same story in pictures, with nothing value added. But I'm not a big fan of the graphic novel format. I lost interest in Locke & Key, too, because of the long gap between brief installments. It's like reading a short story one sentence at a time with a day between sentences.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    why does he look like he's in his 30s?!
    I'm not sure that's Jack. I think this is the Talisman prequel comic. There's a one-shot type prequel issue before the main series I understand.

I might get it out of curiosity, but I doubt I'll get the main series it basically being a retelling and all.

I do like the comic/graphic novel format though.

if that's true, then it shouldn't be called the talisman.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the idea is sound, it's cool to associate a visual with a character like Wolf but it really has to be done right as we have all seen.

And if that's not Jack on the cover (and it really can't be)...they missed the boat here.

Obviously Lily is there.

After looking at a moment more, the artwork is really good so who knows on this one.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I will probably get it, just to have it, but I know I won't be buying the series, but Bev, I get Locke & Key and I won't read it until I have all of them together! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

This is from the press release and explains the cover:

Issue 0 explores the separate lives of Jack’s father—in our world, and the mysterious realm known as the Territories—and how evil scheming will forever change Jack’s peaceful life.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh...neat.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    if that's true, then it shouldn't be called the talisman.
    They need to have the Talisman name in there though. It being a prequel to the story. (And from an advertisement and marketing perspective.)

It's only issue 0 I was referring to by the way, the rest 1 onwards will be retelling the Talisman story.

Issue 0 explores the separate lives of Jack’s father—in our world, and the mysterious realm known as the Territories—and how evil scheming will forever change Jack’s peaceful life.
    I thought it might be his father. That does sound rather interesting.

John F. Kennedy O Hyperborean Wanderer is on a distinguished road O Hyperborean Wanderer's Avatar

Intriguing . . . I always thought an Eyes of the Dragon series would be cool to see (with maybe a #0 issue detailing the dragon hunt and the Deschain's involvement and ending the series with Dennis and Thomas arriving in Gilead in pursuit of Flagg), but this is just as good.

"The gunslinger saw the murder in his eyes quite clearly, and although he did not fear it, he marked it as a man might mark a page in a book, one that contained potentially valuable instructions."

- Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger (Revised)

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, now all we have to do is convince someone going to steal us a ream of them, and we should be all set.

John F. Kennedy O Hyperborean Wanderer is on a distinguished road O Hyperborean Wanderer's Avatar

I wouldn't worry. Most of the "Comic-Con Exclusives" tend to make the rounds to different cons all over every summer. At least, they show up around where I am, which is nowhere near San Diego.

Then again, I take it for granted that I'm so close to the (pardon me, a) Tower and these things have a way of finding me, before I find them.

"The gunslinger saw the murder in his eyes quite clearly, and although he did not fear it, he marked it as a man might mark a page in a book, one that contained potentially valuable instructions."

My Mood
    Gay

Well, I sure hope to see one, but I'm not counting on it.

Ooh! Big thought here! Maybe we'll finally meet Bango Skank!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Well, I sure hope to see one, but I'm not counting on it.
    Tell you what, if I see two, then you'll see at least one.

My Mood
    Gay

I plan on getting as many as I can, should I come across them, and I'll post for all if it happens!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I was gonna post a link to a message from SK about this but your a mile ahead of me as always.... n/m carry on! Arent you as excited as me?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read the book with Danny Devito as Sloat and Morgan Freeman as Speedy but those pics will do....I guess...except Lily looks a little too much like Naomi on Mama's Family.

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : The 'regular' color version of Issue 0 has a published retail price of $1.00

( this CCI / SDCC variant was FREE to people attending the con )

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast