Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Talisman Series Discussion Thread

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It depends on how a person looks at it. Many who have read the book would choose not to get the comics because a) they already know the story and b) they prefer the images in their own mind and don't want other art to interfere with it. New material could be a hook for such people.

I'm undecided. I wasn't going to get the Talisman for reasons above, but I'll admit I'm curious as to what 0 has. On the other hand,
    Spoiler:
    I like the way the Talisman unfolds, starting in the real world (so to speak) then introducing us to the territories from there. I'm a little concerned that the prequel will spoil that.
    (That being said, for those of us who have read the novel already, this isn't much of an issue.)

Gunslinger Apprentice Glass is on a distinguished road Glass's Avatar

... ( when do the others ship, btw )
    The Dark Tower hardcovers signed by Robin won't ship until after Treachery is released, in April sometime. So there is some time yet.

As for these questions, why aren't you guys going to the link ASK ROBIN and asking her? haha That's why I started it!

About Issue #0, usually those are giveaways to garner interest in the project, especially when they are released for a specific comic con like SDCC. But I could be wrong. Ask Robin. I'll ask Del Rey. And we'll see.
    Order The Talisman: The Road of Trials comic book set signed by Robin Furth and Tony Shasteen at The Signed Page!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Shawn - We eagerly await anything you can find out!

( Oops, April - gotcha! Thanks! )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Shawn - We eagerly await anything you can find out!
    I found out that Del Rey does not know whether or not Issue #0 will be on sale in comic book stores or a giveaway at the SDCC. They are working on the numbers of it to see if it is feasible. I bet I'll know more by June, a month before the convention.
    Order The Talisman: The Road of Trials comic book set signed by Robin Furth and Tony Shasteen at The Signed Page!

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks for the update...

... now all we need is someone going to the SDCC who can get a copy for each and every one of us.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Thanks for the update...

... now all we need is someone going to the SDCC who can get a copy for each and every one of us
    I might be able to do that. Just might. Signed by writer and artist. When we get closer to this, I'll let you know for sure. Gotta keep my Tower peeps happy!

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, man, you would make a lot of people very happy ( and I was just kidding! ).

Regardless, I'm way jealous that you're headed to the SDCC anyway. I've always wanted to go and have never had the chance.

You should go, Turtle! It's a fun vacation... well... not for me since I have to work it, but for everyone else it seems fun! haha And this one would be a good one to go to since I'm guessing Robin Furth and Tony Shasteen will actually be there.

My Mood
    Gay

I will put up a SDCC thread when we get closer to the actual Con, with guest info and King related artists, etc.

I will make it there one day... kind of a dream vacation for me.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would LOVE to go to San Diego for this, but the timing won't work out this year.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, that stinks, Patrick. I thought for sure you would attend! Oh well, they hold them every year ( just to gloat at us East Coast folks ).

You guys do have the NYCC every year, Turtle... in the most fabulous city in the world. Not too shabby... ON THE EAST COAST! haha

My Mood
    Gay

So very true, but alas, I had to miss the NYCC this year ( boo hiss ) ... right now, I'm hoping to make it to Wizard World Philly, but even that isn't looking 100% just now !

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

That is toooooo cool!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Oh, that stinks, Patrick. I thought for sure you would attend! Oh well, they hold them every year ( just to gloat at us East Coast folks ).
    Thanks. San Diego is a bit too far (about 460 miles) as we'll have an infant at that point.

San Diego International Comic-Con 2009
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks. San Diego is a bit too far (about 460 miles) as we'll have an infant at that point.

You have an infant 460 miles away???
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Sometimes kids are troublesome and they're best left places far, far away.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Sloat is actually a bit slimmer than I imagined (but maybe my mind went into exageration mode as it does sometimes.) Speedy is somehow greyer than I imagined. That facial expression is pretty close though.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

No, much further than that. So, Brice, if you receive a box sent Priority Mail with little holes cut in the sides, please open it right away.

Sometimes kids are troublesome and they're best left places far, far away.
    Duly noted.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Very nice! Sloat is actually a bit slimmer than I imagined (but maybe my mind went into exageration mode as it does sometimes.) Speedy is somehow greyer than I imagined. That facial expression is pretty close though.
    I agree on your points on both characters. I like these interpretations though, and they've supplanted the ones I had in my head already.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

No, much further than that. So, Brice, if you receive a box sent Priority Mail with little holes cut in the sides, please open it right away.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Gay

Character Sketch Released from Sai King.

Country
    Country Flag

I always imagined Jack and Lily having dark hair... although I suppose it could be being black and white pictures. I liked the skull smoke. Heh.

I'm rereading The Talisman at the moment. It's still enjoyable, despite having read it at least three times before.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast