Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Talisman Series Discussion Thread

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That totally works for me. If we merge the threads it will take the first chrono post between the two of them.

But I don't see where that is a problem in this case.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And done is done. I deleted one of Patrick's posts, so that we wouldn't have two posts with the same press release. We should be good now.
    Heng Dai

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    She's not bad with good material, I just havent seen a lot of that in Treachery. I just hope to hell they don't use that annoying narrator "voice" they've used throughout the DT comics.

I think Peter David is the one responsible for the narrator's voice. Furth is writes the outlines for the various stories (hence the plot is hers, bypassed by King) but the scripting is David.

Either way, I doubt they'd use a similar narrator's voice in The Talisman. What with the story starting in America, and being mainly from the point of view of an American character. The territories folken will no doubt have archaic speech, but hopefully that'll be taken straight out of the novel.

I doubt I'll get these though, although I'm curious how they depict the creatures like Wolf and the goat guy. I LOVE The Talisman, I just like to get new material I haven't read yet. (I made an exception for Gunslinger Born mind you. I'm glad I did, actually.)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

It's just too bad we all have to wait until FALL 2009 to get our first issue !

Aaron - thanks for the merging !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Glass is on a distinguished road Glass's Avatar

Default Robin Furth & Tony Shasteen Team Photo

Hi All!

I met, laughed with, and interviewed The Talisman adaptation team of Robin Furth and artist Tony Shasteen over last weekend at the NY Comic Con. Lots of fun. Really cool people who have a passion for everything Stephen King.

The photo below was taken at the Random House party last Saturday night:

The video interviews will be posted on Suvudu.com in the coming weeks. I'll let you know but visit anyway. And we have some surprises for you all as well! Stay tuned!

Shawn

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Shawn - Wow, that's quite an interview.... care to share some highlights?!?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

I didn't ask any hard questions, or at least no fun questions. I just wanted to talk about the project a bit to launch what we are planning on doing.

Believe it or not, you all are going to be the real interviewers. We are putting together two sections called ASK ROBIN and ASK TONY, similar to what I do on the Terry Brooks website called ASK TERRY.

In short, every month, you all, the fans, will be able to send two questions apiece. I will go through those questions and select between three and five questions for both Robin and Tony. Obviously Robin will answer plot and writing questions and Tony will answer the art questions. Then Suvudu.com will post the questions and answers, running up every month until at least to the 2009 SDCC, where I will probably interview them more in depth again.

I will post more about the ASK ROBIN/TONY and inform Lilja and Stephen King.com about it when I have it set up properly. I hope to start in March.

As for what I can tell you that is not in the interview? There will be something unique released at SDCC.

I'll let Robin and Tony talk about the more fun aspects in their interviews.

Shawn

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Robin is beautiful
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, one possible benefit from all these comic adaptions could be that they lend themselves to eventual Movie treatments (I would think good treatments as well) because the story/screenplay is already story boarded for the Movie industry which should help to cut costs, improve screenplay adaption and ultimately lead to a better production down the road.....Just a thought.

Case in point would be Watchmen (Which I am sure will be excellent w/o even seeing it yet) 300, Dark Knight, Iron Man etc etc. Giving the stories a comic treatment helps to define the visual look, feel and tempo of the story PRIOR to Hollywood getting their hands on them and mucking them up!!

The recent phenomenal success of the "Superhero" and Fantasy movies can't hurt either.

Just MHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

You'd think so, Merlin! Let's hope Spielberg is reading our comments.

Default 2009 NY Comic Con Robin Furth Interview

Hi All,

Here is the first of a long interview I hope to conduct -- with your help -- with Robin Furth: http://www.suvudu.com/2009/02/nycc-i...bin-furth.html

More to come soon. What do you think?

And if you say, "You didn't ask any fun or hard questions?" you are right. Because my plan is to have you all ask them.

More on that soon!

Shawn

Okay, here is the beginning of the rolling interview with Robin and Tony conducted by YOU, the fans!

http://www.suvudu.com/2009/02/the-ta...-shasteen.html

Have at it! Ask your questions about anything related to Dark Tower and The Talisman. And at least try to ask about the Talisman. haha

Shawn
    Order The Talisman: The Road of Trials comic book set signed by Robin Furth and Tony Shasteen at The Signed Page!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, Shawn, on your earlier posted links. I look forward to checking out the latest weblink.

Merlin, good point about the storyboarding.

Here is an announcement regarding the comic book, courtesy of Lilja's Library:

Talisman prequel

Before The Talisman comic starts there will be an issue 0. This will be an episode that does not appear in the book itself, but serves as a prequel to the whole story.

More info to come…
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Great stuff, Shawn, on your earlier posted links. I look forward to checking out the latest weblink.

Merlin, good point about the storyboarding.

Here is an announcement regarding the comic book, courtesy of Lilja's Library:

Talisman prequel

Before The Talisman comic starts there will be an issue 0. This will be an episode that does not appear in the book itself, but serves as a prequel to the whole story.

More info to come…
    Yeah that ^^^^
    In a book,in a box,high upon a shelf
    In a locked a guarded vault
    Are things I keep only for myself
    Its your fate,but its not your fault

Seriously, Issue #0 is very cool. It will be 16 pages and the script for those pages were approved by editor in chief Betsy Mitchell, Stephen King and Peter Straub a week before NY Comic Con.

Just one more reason to go to San Diego Comic Con this year! I just hope Robin and Tony go!

And there is something else planned with The Talisman, something special, although I can't talk about it. It may or may not happen, so we shall see.

Be sure to start asking your questions of Robin and Tony!

Shawn
    Order The Talisman: The Road of Trials comic book set signed by Robin Furth and Tony Shasteen at The Signed Page!

My Mood
    Gay

Yup. I just emailed my CGC guy to add issue 0 to my CGC list. Hopefully he'll be able to get it... though 16 pages is very skimpy!

Most Comic Con giveaways are skimpy. I'm actually surprised it's 16 pages! At least it's better -- and cooler -- than The Dark Tower Sketchbook.

I'll actually try to get some of those issues for The Signed Page if I can. Help those of you who can't go to Comic Con. How does that sound?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sign me up, Shawn!

What do you all think? Is this Issue 0 going to be available only at SDCC? Or will San Diego be its debut followed by availability in comic book shops everywhere as a promo item (like the DT and The Stand sketchbooks were)?

I would think the publisher would want to drum up wide range of interest to promote sales in the places where those sales will actually occur, but I'm no expert in these matters.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post

Seriously, Issue #0 is very cool. It will be 16 pages and the script for those pages were approved by editor in chief Betsy Mitchell, Stephen King and Peter Straub a week before NY Comic Con.

Shawn
    So I guess that this #0 wouldnt be written by Steve : could have been an interesting idea...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Gay

Are we sure that issue 0 is a giveaway?!?!

I just read "issue".

Shawn - Be sure to post the link for the signed ones if you're able to score any...

... ( when do the others ship, btw )

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

issue #0 would be given away?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Possibly, like the DT sketchbook was before The Gunslinger Born launched.

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, but the DT Sketchbook wasn't numbered, or considered part of the Gunslinger Born arc.

When I read Issue 0, I just assumed a regular issue. I took the 0 to indicate the "prequel" aspect of the story.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am surprised that no one has pondered yet upon the obvious question: what fucking prequel?

I mean I guess they could go into some of the backstory with Phil Sawyer and Bloat, but that would probably be better served in the main narrative, as done in the novel. So what sixteen pages of story will we get? New material written special for the comic? I certainly hope not; this is a fan favorite that is not to be added to or fucked with.

/rant
    Heng Dai

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast