Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Talisman Series Discussion Thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Do you have pictures???

yeah !!!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All I can say is please please please don't let this fuck up the book in any way. I have high hopes here.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Do you have pictures???

yeah !!!

me too me too
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
    All I can say is please please please don't let this fuck up the book in any way. I have high hopes here.
    It can't fuck up the book. Even if it's abysmal the book will still be great!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    if it's fucked up it wont get the approval ;-)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Makes sense to me.

I'm so excited about this. my fave book, my fave characters...
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default THE TALISMAN comic series - Official Announcement

DEL REY ANNOUNCES CREATIVE TEAM ON STEPHEN KING AND PETER STRAUB’S THE TALISMAN

NEW YORK, NY – February 2, 2009 – Del Rey, an imprint of Ballantine Books at the Random House Publishing Group, announced today the adaptor and artist on the comic book and graphic novel versions of The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub.

The book will be penciled and inked by Tony Shasteen, who has been an illustrator since 1995. His clients have included Coca-Cola, Nascar, Hasbro, DC Comics, Wildstorm, Top Cow, Dark Horse, Virgin, Boom Studios, and Image Comics, among many others. Tony illustrated Image Comic’s The Occult Crimes Taskforce (The O.C.T.), co-created by David Atchison and Rosario Dawson. Film rights to The O.C.T. are in development with Dimension Films.

It will be scripted by Robin Furth, who co-writes Marvel’s bestselling Dark Tower comics taking place in King’s Dark Tower Universe. The Gunslinger Born – the first of the Dark Tower series – was nominated for both an Eisner and a Harvey award. Robin has written “Satana and The Electric Pentacle” for Marvel’s Legion of Monsters and has adapted Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Lords of Avalon series to comic book form. She worked as Stephen King’s research assistant between 2000 and 2004 and continues to do freelance work for the Master of Horror.

Lettering and project management will be handled by Dabel Brothers Publishing. The first issue of the monthly comic is planned for early fall 2009.

Originally published in 1984, The Talisman is the story of a young teen named Jack Sawyer, who can save his dying mother only by retrieving a magical talisman. To find it he must cross back and forth between our world and the frightening and dangerous landscape of its “twinner” counterpart. Both The Talisman and its sequel, Black House, are in print with Ballantine Books. Television rights to The Talisman are under development by Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy.

ABOUT THE AUTHORS:

Stephen King is the author of more than fifty books, all of them worldwide bestsellers. He is the recipient of the 2003 National Book Foundation Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters.

Peter Straub is the author of 17 novels which have been translated into more than 20 languages. He has won numerous awards for his work, including the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel, for Koko.

ABOUT DEL REY:

Del Rey Books (http://www.delreybooks.com) was founded in 1977 as an imprint of Ballantine Books, a division of the Random House Publishing Group, under the guidance of the renowned Judy-Lynn del Rey and her husband, Lester del Rey. Del Rey publishes the best of modern fantasy, science fiction, and alternate history. No stranger to comics, Del Rey launched Del Rey Manga in 2004 in conjunction with Japanese publisher Kodansha, and quickly began to acquire original graphic novel projects as well. Current and upcoming projects include a four-color graphic novel developed with pop singer Avril Lavigne, Make 5 Wishes; the graphic novel In Odd We Trust, by Dean Koontz and Queenie Chan; the first-ever graphic novel set in the world of Terry Brooks' Shannara universe, Dark Wraith of Shannara; original manga starring Marvel characters in X-Men: Misfits and Wolverine: Prodigal Son; and a four-color original graphic novel set in the Outlander universe, scripted by author Diana Gabaldon herself.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

sweet! reading The Talisman as we speak
    looking forward to this, thanks for the info Patrick!
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how happy I am Furth is writing it, though.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm excited to see it in comic book form, we'll see how Furth does, i'll be picking it up regardless.
    In a book,in a box,high upon a shelf
    In a locked a guarded vault
    Are things I keep only for myself
    Its your fate,but its not your fault

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now I must begin the debate about getting all of the variants. This comic stuff is starting to add up to some bigger bucks than I'd originally intended . . .

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am glad to hear that they have a tentative release in sight, but like Dags, I'm not sure how thrilled I am about Furth scripting. But she did do a pretty damn good job with The Gunslinger Born, which was also an adaptation, so it might be that the new material just isn't her strong suit. She's not bad with good material, I just havent seen a lot of that in Treachery. I just hope to hell they don't use that annoying narrator "voice" they've used throughout the DT comics.

I'm also pretty glad that Marvel doesnt have their hands on this one. I'd like to see a different publisher's take.
    Heng Dai

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I am with Dags and Aaron in having a bit of trepidation over Furth as writer. I will give her the benefit of the doubt until I see an actual issue, but I will be very harsh in my criticism should she deviate from the text material all that much. If she sticks to adapting and not re-writing it could be great. Otherwise, not so much. I'm looking forward to finding out.

Along the Path of the Beam Nanidesuka is on a distinguished road Nanidesuka's Avatar

Ooh, i can't wait for this. I had a blast reading The Talisman, it'll be exciting to see it in comic form.

Would it be reasonable to hope that they would turn its sequel, Black House, into a comic as well?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just an opinion but, Robin has done pretty well so far in the Gunslinger series (and I am not a comic kind of guy) and coupled with her work as SK's stenographer (sic) and DT biographer, if the story is told in a "DT" context we could very well be in for a treat.

Of course we could also get royally F**cked but, I'm for giving her the opportunity!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nanidesuka View Post
    Ooh, i can't wait for this. I had a blast reading The Talisman, it'll be exciting to see it in comic form.

Would it be reasonable to hope that they would turn its sequel, Black House, into a comic as well?
    BLACK HOUSE is "Da Bomb" and should have somehow been a DT book IMHO!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yes, I think it's over in the Oracle as well, Gretchen.

I'll be grabbing this one, try not to be surprised.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I am with Dags and Aaron in having a bit of trepidation over Furth as writer. I will give her the benefit of the doubt until I see an actual issue, but I will be very harsh in my criticism should she deviate from the text material all that much. If she sticks to adapting and not re-writing it could be great. Otherwise, not so much. I'm looking forward to finding out.
    This, exactly.

Country
    Country Flag

I think there is a way that we can have one thread in both places. If you would like me to give that a try, Pam...
    Heng Dai

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we could create one as a link to the other in situations like this.

I can understand wanting comic folks to see it but the thread could be a simple re direct.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I think there is a way that we can have one thread in both places. If you would like me to give that a try, Pam...

Ohhhh, I think that would be good.

I think the discussion stuff should be a Comic Tower thingy.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

My main concern, actually, is that she is going to be scripting it rather than just condensing existent story into issues, as she did with Gunslinger Born. Scripting is an entirely different monster. I am not sure how Del Ray does their scripts, but since they havent got a huge background in comics there is a good chance they are going to let her script it they way that she likes, which is the Marvel "plot-first" style. That style is great for the art, but not so great for the story-telling side. But then again, she doesnt have any experience writing "full script" comics in the DC style, so I would be worried if she tried that, too, as it can be a complicated method of telling the story; much more cinematic. So since I am worried either way, I am just going to put my faith in the editors and hope for the best.
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

Cool. Basically, I was talking about the same thing as Matt. One would be a redirect to the other. I think we can keep the discussion in the Comic Tower, and put the redirect in the news forum.
    Heng Dai

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast