Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How Has the Series Affected Your Life?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    The series has inspired me in so many ways
    I am all ears.
    And I am all eyes.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

Well, there's the fact that if I ever have a son, I'm going to try my damndest to get the mother to allow me to name him Roland Edward Williams. I'd settle for Edward Roland, but wouldn't be as happy with it.

The Dark Tower has affected me to the core. I firmly believe I am who I am because of Roland, and his quest for the Tower. I mean, it's not the only thing to affect my personality, but it's granted me certain outlooks on life that I might not have otherwise held.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

The Dark Tower series has made me regular once again.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

The dark tower and the people I have met here have inspired me to draw again. I have not done cartoons since I was in junior high. I used to always draw cats, and I would put them into star trek scenarios. Now I am putting them as catslingers and even more animal slingers and am coming up with ideas to maybe even put together comic strips...

The dark tower has inspired me to write a story involving vampires and zombies, and although it's far from being finished I think someday it will end up being a great story.

The dark tower's people that I have met have inspired me because I see even more good and diversity in the world than I was ever prepared for. When you live in a small town, sometimes you think that's how the whole world is; that there is nothing much else out there. And when you lived in the ghetto in Mississippi for two years, that doesn't help even when you have moved back to that small U.P. town. I escaped into the world and found darkness, and very little light. Through my people here I have found light, and hope, and friendship.

Everytime I go through a door I haven't been through I wonder if I will end up in another world. Isn't that inspiring, to think the possibilities of a door not just being a door and to see the world as hardly anyone else has ever seen?

I'm sure there are many other ways but these are the few off the top of my head.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

You rock, Liz.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

this series grabbed my heart in so many ways. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me angry and I felt as if I knew all of them personally. when i finished reading the series, I felt lost! weird??
    anyways, I find myself talking like Roland haha!
    AND....I wanna Billy Bumbler!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    this series grabbed my heart in so many ways. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me angry and I felt as if I knew all of them personally. when i finished reading the series, I felt lost! weird??
    anyways, I find myself talking like Roland haha!
    AND....I wanna Billy Bumbler!
    And what do you two talk about? If you don't mind me asking.
    Great to have you here, lady.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks Letti!!!!

i think you misunderstood, I talk like Roland , not to Roland.
    Like I call people Sai and tell them to have long days and pleasant nights etc.
    haha.
    but i wish I could talk to Roland!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I really wish I could talk to Roland.

I mean...without being crazy.

Its great to have you here TLC, I hope we are well met along the path of the beam.

As for myself, the series inspired me to create a fan site and I'm really glad I did.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    thanks Letti!!!!

i think you misunderstood, I talk like Roland , not to Roland.
    Like I call people Sai and tell them to have long days and pleasant nights etc.
    haha.
    but i wish I could talk to Roland!
    Oh, sorry. Cry your pardon, sai. I might have read it that way because that's what I wanted to read. *smiles*
    Anyway I feel the same way I wish I could talk to Roland but I would be afraid that he would think me weak and useless... I would be afraid of his judgement.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

useless?

God have mercy on anyone Roland would consider useful...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    useless?

I understand what you mean but still... I would die inside a little if Roland thought me weak and useless. Not for him but for the world.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

useless?

Amen my brother, amen.

The last thing in the world I would want is to fall under the eye of Roland.

But I wouldn't mind hearing old stories over a campfire and a hand rolled smoke. Some of Walters tobacco would be best.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

yes i'd love to hear old stories from Roland!!!
    And, maybe "try" and teach him some jokes....not that he'd get them but hey, if Eddie could try , I'd like to take a stab at it too.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I would love to hear jokes from Roland too...

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

useless?

Roland finding someone useful surely means that person definitely is, though.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    useless?

Roland finding someone useful surely means that person definitely is, though.
    yeah, but for how long? and to what ends? and what happens to them when he's used them up or needs to go on about his merry beam finding way? (ex. jake in the gunslinger)

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Distractions

It's quite possible I could stand alone on this, but does anyone else feel like they use the Dark Tower series to distract themselves from things they probably should be doing? In my journalism class I found myself re-writing favorite quotes from the books instead of practicing my leads. Oops! But it was so much more fun, and I hate writing leads for two hours. And last night I was overjoyed to find out I didn't have an online british literature assignment, so I read instead! It was pretty much amazing. Does anyone else have a tendency of doing that??

Katie

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

All of us I believe dear. Welcome , we are well met.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

You are definitely not alone Katie. The DT books are like old friends. Perhaps you could accommodate your obsession with the books into your academic work. For example, practice writing leads about events in the DT series. I'm only half-joking.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

my obsession and distraction is actually this site
    i'm ensnared!!

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep - the combination of this site and the books is extremely deadly!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

yup...agree with all!!!! Major obsession!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

on the site when i should be sleeping? who me?
    on the site when i should be cleaning? who me?
    reading the books when i should be sleeping? who me?
    reading the books when i should be cleaning? who me

okay, on the site and/or reading the books and/or finding connections in other books and/or reading connector books, etc. when i should be doing anything else?

who me?

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I'm sorry, is there anything else?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast