Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Exorcist: 40th Anniversary Edition

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone mind if we use spoiler tags about specific plot details? I'm about 100 pages into Legion and would hate to be spoiled.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I listened to the Exorcist, the first book, last fall around Halloween time. I really liked the book, and was surprised that the movie followed it so closely. I thought the book was a lot scarier than the movie, and that thing creeped me out.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, this is one of those very rare cases where the movie follows the book very closely. It is one to stay up late at night and watch alone.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

IMO Exorcist 3 is a good movie as well, and has a couple of the scariest scenes in it. That's one of my yearly Halloween watching movies.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually haven't seen that one in years and only have vague memories of it.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Hospital corridor scene is intense.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually wasn't too thrilled with the movie (The Exorcist). I guess that comes from knowing what to expect from the book, whereas if someone hasn't read the book, the scares in the movie are more unexpected. I did like Reagan, though. Very creepy.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I did like Reagan, though. Very creepy.
    All this time I knew he was an actor before he became president, but I didn't realize he was in this.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yeah! Why do you think they called him "Pea Soup Reagan"?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky? LOL

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Yes? Haha
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think maybe you've had too many donuts this evening.

If you rescue me

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the third movie as well as the first...the one in the middle I had no clue as to what the hell was going on....maybe because it wasn't based on the books....

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I think maybe you've had too many donuts this evening.

I think I've only seen the first film, and the more recent Beginning? one. I'll have to check out the others.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

They made two versions of the beginning...due to the fact that they changed directors mid movie and changed it. Have seen both and both are very interesting.

On a different note, what do you think about a stage version of the Exorcist?
    http://news.yahoo.com/theyve-scared-...093730842.html

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    They made two versions of the beginning...due to the fact that they changed directors mid movie and changed it. Have seen both and both are very interesting.

On a different note, what do you think about a stage version of the Exorcist?
    http://news.yahoo.com/theyve-scared-...093730842.html
    Haven't had a chance to see it, but I could see where it might be an awesome production. Especially "live" so to speak. Thanks for the "Heads up", I'll be keeping a weather eye out for it!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm holding out for a musical.

If you rescue me

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am waiting on a copy of CD's exorcist/Legion to be delivered, and so then I can finally read Legion. When I do, I'll be back to discuss. Can't wait!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    I am waiting on a copy of CD's exorcist/Legion to be delivered, and so then I can finally read Legion. When I do, I'll be back to discuss. Can't wait!
    I'm waiting on that edition as well. I might suggest that you P/U a PB or used edition at your local book store. In a few ways, I thought "Legion" was a better book, but you still need to read "The Exorcist'!! Classic!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

You would think that, being you're Kinderman and all.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    In a few ways, I thought "Legion" was a better book, but you still need to read "The Exorcist'!! Classic!!
    exactly what bears think

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My, Lord this is taking very long to deliver, No?

I thought October was the target date!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Based on the updates I've read, I think we are looking for Chrismas/New Years before its ready for delivery (slipcase production etc).

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this is the Exorcist/Legion edition thread, but if you haven't already seen it, the artwork for the Lttered edition of Lonely Road Books 40th anniversary edition of Exorcist is on their web page. Not sure when it was added, but I only just noticed it today.

http://lonelyroadbooks.com/books/theexorcist/about.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast