+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stephen King Book Dedications

Goldmember herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The novel is very lovecraftian.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That makes me very happy. I love well written derivations/inspirations of Lovecraft. Especially King's.

Goldmember herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

up
    @Jerome : why necessarily needing it as an image? A text would actually be better for SEO reasons
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Owner Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    up
    @Jerome : why necessarily needing it as an image? A text would actually be better for SEO reasons
    ????

Country
    Country Flag

Regarding your comment : "If so, I need a volunteer. I started to do it, but is needs to be done one page at a time, then each page changed to a .pdf or jpeg that is < 800 pixels in either dimension, then uploaded."
    Would actually be better, for SEO (appearing in Google) not being a picture but actual text in a thread

Country
    Country Flag

I have a few questions about the persons King mentions in his dedications :

DUMA KEY dedicated to : Barbara Ann & Jimmy.
    SKELETON CREW : Arthur & Joyce Green :
    ROADWORK : "Charlotte Littlefield"
    ROSE MADDER : Joan Marks
    DESPERATION : Carter Withey
    HEARTS IN ATLANTIS : "This is for Joseph and Leanora and Ethan: I told you all that to tell you this."
    >>> Who are those?

Also, regarding the dedication of BLOCKADE BILLY : "This is for every guy (and girl) who ever put on the gear."
    >>> What is the gear?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent's Avatar

HiA -- Joe Hill, his wife at the time and their son.
    BB -- baseball equipment
    Desperation -- Carter was Steve's roadie when he motorcycled across the US. I met him at the National Book Awards banquet
    SC -- Arthur Green is Steve's lawyer
    RW -- Charlotte Littlefield taught with SK at Hampden Academy. There's also a character named for her in It, a teacher at Derry High School
    RM -- Joan Marks, a social worker from Portland
    DK -- People he knows from Florida, I believe.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent's Avatar

Finders Keepers: Thinking of John D. MacDonald

Owner Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Finders Keepers: Thinking of John D. MacDonald
    Any idea what the reference is for?

He's in a crime fiction state of mind, I guess.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King stated in the book Faces of Fear: "John D. MacDonald has written a novel called The End of the Night which I would argue is one of the greatest American novels of the twentieth century. It ranks with Death of a Salesman, it ranks with An American Tragedy."

MacDonald wrote the introduction to Night Shift. He also dropped references to King books into his Travis McGee novels.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    MacDonald wrote the introduction to Night Shift. He also dropped references to King books into his Travis McGee novels.
    Too bad he'll never know about this dedication.

Honky Mahfah zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Stephen King stated in the book Faces of Fear: "John D. MacDonald has written a novel called The End of the Night which I would argue is one of the greatest American novels of the twentieth century. It ranks with Death of a Salesman, it ranks with An American Tragedy."
    Will have to read it some time... Looks like it's only available on Kindle... I'll hunt one of the original paperbacks down...

End of Watch: For Thomas Harris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Post #1 updated to End of Watch

Sleeping Beauties: In Remembrance of Sandra Bland

The Outsider: For Rand and Judy Holston

Country
    Country Flag

Elevation: Thinking of Richard Matheson

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Institute:
    For my grandsons: Ethan, Aidan, and Ryan.
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

Country
    Country Flag

US proof?

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No(t yet)
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3