Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: F**k the TV, we've got RADIO!

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Default F**k the TV, we've got RADIO!

okay, so...brice finding and listening to my favourite radio station got me thinking about this. most of us have a favourite radio station, and many of them now have webcasts available. post a link to your favourite local station so we can all enjoy.

indie 103.1 fm

steve jones of the sex pistols does jonesey's jukebox in the afternoon. it's always good times.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that I inspired a thread.

I have a macbook. If you want to listen, but don't want to download any programs. You can listen here also:

http://ccdig.liquidviewer.com/indie103

So, what time is Jonesey's show sj?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

weekdays at noon (PST) and they rebroadcast every evening at 6 pm. so...that would be 3 and 9 pm your time.

during the rebroadcast, they tell you "THIS IS A RE-AIRING! DO NOT CALL!" when he's doing a giveaway.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

:lol : And I'm sure they get tons of morons who call them anyway. I should be able to hear the 3PM one sometimes.

Our radio stations only play the standard rock. We get no new music here.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

jonesey doesn't always play new music. a lot of the show is him getting lost in the mists of memory and trying to get people to guess what song he's playing on his guitar.

the new music can be heard on TK's show (following the first airing of jonesey's) and on dead air on sundays. they also have a metal night, and sunday is ska/raggae during the afternoons.

i'm not sure if they still do, but rob zombie and henry rollins used to have weekly shows, as well.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I'd heard enough to hear some old music too. I was more commenting on how lousy our stations are. There is some good music....it's just you can hear it all on any other rock station out there. As it is we only have two rock stations at all. The rest is all country and rap which also play the standard fare..

If you rescue me

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't ever listen to the radio and so I have no fun stations to report. My girlfriend in Florida just sent me two mix CD's with 33 songs I've never heard of, and I love it. It pulled me out of my white stripes funk and now that is all I listen to.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember the radio station I listen to in Vegas, but it's about 1000 times better than anything they have in Alabama. They have the Adam Corolla show on in the mornings...gotta love him, Teresa and Danny Bodaducci (sp)!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I only listen to the radio for sports broadcasts and such.

EL TIRO....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! !!!!

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

We have one rock station that keeps getting more and more... milquetoast with their selection. I've been hearing songs that could classify as pop on there as of late, and it's really discouraging. Then they turned the one alternative station that I actually liked into "Love 105," which is a weird collection of older songs, "the songs you love." Um, no.

I don't listen to the radio much anymore, Clear Channel = anger.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I had actually given up on radio till I discovered sj's radio station.

If you rescue me

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    I don't remember the radio station I listen to in Vegas, but it's about 1000 times better than anything they have in Alabama. They have the Adam Corolla show on in the mornings...gotta love him, Teresa and Danny Bodaducci (sp)!
    i listen to the adam corolla show, too. i think i love teresa.

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

96.7 The Eagle
    http://www.967theeagle.net/index.php
    Classic rock, but..they play Nirvana and other 90's rock, for the sole purpose of making me feel old.

94.1 JJO
    http://www.wjjo.com/
    Hard rock, heavy metal.

We don't have an alternative rock station around here, as far as I know. All my indie and punk albums are bought as a trial and error thing.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Double post.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Country
    Country Flag

Indie 103.1 is my pick for fav station here in Culver City.

i forgot you were local, too, fruno.

Country
    Country Flag

You betcha! Down here in the "big" CC it's the only station I can tolerate. Jack FM has gotten on my nerves a bit too much.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

102.1 The Edge, all the way.

Dean Blundell is a bit of a prick, but all the other hosts are amazing. Especially Barry Taylor.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did have a favorite radeo station, but it was sold to some company that just wanted to advertize. After that happened, I pretty much rely on my MP3player to sooth my musical needs.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
    You betcha! Down here in the "big" CC it's the only station I can tolerate. Jack FM has gotten on my nerves a bit too much.
    jack is always good for a journey fix, though.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I love this station
    http://www.rockthebear.com/