Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 188 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Not sure how you are watching Penny Dreadful Ricky, but don't forget last night they released the finale two episodes. 8 and 9. No 10th episode!!!!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I'm more horror or dark when it comes to interests (just like this site). I do really enjoy the Strain, loved Hannibal, Black Sails, Game of Thrones, Penny Dreadful, and the new Daredevil. There are other things I like, but not excited to see when it is coming or running. I don't see anything on the horizon that would excite me with losing PD and Hannibal. Outcast, 3 episodes in is so-so. I'm hoping in July Strange Things will be good but I'm reading it will only be 8 episodes and done. We heard that about Wayward Pines and Damages and looked how that turned out lol. Have to say though, I'm surprised.....I do like this season of Wayward Pines.
    I understand. There's not a ton of show that I get excited to watch, but Penny Dreadful was one of them.

I watched the first episode of Outcast but haven't gotten around to watching the others that have aired. The first was okay. As for other new shows, there's not many I'm watching this summer. Which may be a good thing. Since Under the Dome, Falling Skies, and Extant were canceled last season, I may actually be able to catch up on the 3 seasons of American Horror Story I'm behind on.

Plus, I want to try Fargo. And I'm going to give Stranger Things and Dead of Summer (on Freeform) a shot.

So far, not a fan of this season of Wayward Pines. I hate how
    Spoiler:
    the younger generation has taken over and everyone's kind of just given up on the rebellion.
    I thought that would be the whole season (before they killed
    Spoiler:
    Ben
    , that is). Speaking of killing people off,
    Spoiler:
    are we not allowed to have ANY main character from last season stick around?!

Don't know if you watch Veep but I'm not enjoying that this season either. I've been laughing maybe once or twice an episode. Basically sticking around at this point because I like Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

Not sure how you are watching Penny Dreadful Ricky, but don't forget last night they released the finale two episodes. 8 and 9. No 10th episode!!!!
    I watch On Demand, but I knew this season was only 9 eps.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I'm not a huge comedy guy. I hear good things about Veep, but I'm not sure if it is my thing. I am not in love with Wayward Pines since it was supposed to be one season, but I'm simply surprised that it isn't bad. But you are right, there are things about Pines I don't like. Such as the GOT semi-story line where, when a woman finally flowers, it is time to pair up and breed. With the world basically over I'm sure having kids at 14 is definitely mentally fulfilling . Though, it is a good summer show IMO.

Fargo is great. Not good.....great. Many people here love it, and I think you will too. I was surprised how much I loved it and it was another show I was anticipating every week to see.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Off topic: Ricky, where is your av from?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Conjuring 2. Beware the Crooked Man!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    The Conjuring 2. Beware the Crooked Man!
    How was the movie?

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it a lot. It could've been shorter, but it was really good. Though it had fewer scares than the first, I think I liked it better.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Arghhh. I didn't hear of the first one until I saw the trailer for the 2nd one. I'm guessing the first one is good?

I liked it a lot. It could've been shorter, but it was really good. Though it had fewer scares than the first, I think I liked it better.

Country
    Country Flag

Eh, it was okay. I was disappointed that the plot culminated in something that so many horror films have done before (and better).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I am so out of the loop on anything anymore.

Eh, it was okay. I was disappointed that the plot culminated in something that so many horror films have done before (and better).

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the reply. I am so out of the loop on anything anymore.

I actually really enjoyed the first one. Cost roughly 5 mil to make and I think it made over 200 mil. I know some people don't like the jump scares that many movies do these days with the sounds or music rising higher then normal to scare you, but I still enjoyed it very much. I would have loved Insidious if it wasn't for the ending and the darth maul like antagonist. Not sure what you like, the ratings were low, but I am an avid pusher of Hannibal the TV series (3 seasons). Dark, gory for TV, great characters and dialogue, creepy unique music. The critics relished in it and the masses didn't like it. Then again, the Kardashians are on like season 12.....so there truly is no hope for humanity.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fargo is great. Not good.....great. Many people here love it, and I think you will too. I was surprised how much I loved it and it was another show I was anticipating every week to see.
    Count me as part of that group. Season 1 is great, but I loved season 2 even more. Honestly, season 2 is some of the finest TV I've seen in a long time.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Confused

Logan confirmed 2 days ago Penny Dreadful is done. I'm very disappointed and hoped for 5 seasons. 8, 10, 9 episodes and that made 3 seasons. We even met new characters in season 3 that were fantastic. It is a shame. When they release the whole as a set.....I will buy it for sure.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Stopped watching season two of Wayward Pines about two episodes into it. And this is from someone that LOVED most of the first season.

Side topic, has anyone started Cleverman yet? Watched the first episode, pretty damn good.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've given up on Wayward Pines. This season is even worse the the first. I don't know why they couldn't just leave it alone and do a one season miniseries. The storyline for this season is just ridiculously stupid.

I guess I should give Fargo another shot. I think I watched the first 2 episodes way back when they aired but had too much other stuff to watch so never continued.

I'm really looking forward to Stranger Things and Dead of Summer as well.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Fargo is great -- I enjoyed both seasons immensely.

I'm currently binge-watching the most recent (and penultimate) season of Orphan Black. It has never been as good as the first season, and it's getting a bit bogged down in conspiracies upon conspiracies, but it's worth watching for Maslany's performances alone.

Country
    Country Flag

Logan confirmed 2 days ago Penny Dreadful is done. I'm very disappointed and hoped for 5 seasons. 8, 10, 9 episodes and that made 3 seasons. We even met new characters in season 3 that were fantastic.
    This still makes me sad.

Okay, no spoilers but did the finale have closure? Or were there a ton of lose ends and storylines?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I've given up on Wayward Pines. This season is even worse the the first. I don't know why they couldn't just leave it alone and do a one season miniseries. The storyline for this season is just ridiculously stupid.
    Yeah, I liked the first season a lot, book-to-TV changes and all, but this season is so boring to me. It feels like a sub-plot that could just be left out. If they would've stopped after Season 1 and cut out the finale's
    Spoiler:
    First Generation takeover epilogue
    , I would've been okay with that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, I liked the first season a lot, book-to-TV changes and all, but this season is so boring to me. It feels like a sub-plot that could just be left out. If they would've stopped after Season 1 and cut out the finale's
    Spoiler:
    That's what they should have done. I saw some promo clip where Blake and M. Night were talking about whether they should continue it and they decided only if they had a really good storyline going forward would they consider to continue it... Well I guess money is better than storyline But seriously though, I really do hate how something starts as a standalone 1 season mini-series, and then ratings are good so then they have to change the storyline so that they can continue on with it for as many seasons as they can.

On a side note, have you guys heard that they're going to be doing a tv series on Blake's Letty Dobesh series of books? They cast the woman from Downton Abbey as Letty.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

First three episodes of Outcast are great so far, fyi. Just watch the first minute of the show and you'll be hooked.

I loved the first season of Fargo, haven't started the second yet. I liked the first season of Penny Dreadful enough, but thought it was too slow to watch the second season.

My Mood
    Confused

Logan confirmed 2 days ago Penny Dreadful is done. I'm very disappointed and hoped for 5 seasons. 8, 10, 9 episodes and that made 3 seasons. We even met new characters in season 3 that were fantastic.
    This still makes me sad.

Okay, no spoilers but did the finale have closure? Or were there a ton of lose ends and storylines?

Spoiler:
    I can't tell you. I will say that Ives main or real tormentor is revealed in episode 1 of season 3 which I was ecstatic about. Dr. Jekyl pops up. He is from India.....and absolutely amazing. A new character, a woman, who is like a badass joins the fun. I like her. And an Indian chieftain who is in everything when you see him is helping out as well. Many new and great characters. Closure......sort of not really. You just assume things. Logan talked about it after the finale and it makes sense when he explains it. Whenever you watch and finish it Ricky let me know.

As for Wayward Pines....for a summer show I can handle it with nothing else on. The you guys talk about how bad it is and explain the why.....I start wondering why I am watching it. Everyone is making too much sense lol.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I should give Fargo another shot. I think I watched the first 2 episodes way back when they aired but had too much other stuff to watch so never continued.

I'm really looking forward to Stranger Things and Dead of Summer as well.
    I'd recommend jumping into Season 2. There are very slight connections to the first season, but I think the story might interest you more.

Is it like American Horror Story where each season is separate, or are there characters that are the same? Like I said, I didn't dislike what I saw, I just never really gave it a chance.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, what you said.

I really enjoyed the first season, excited to start the second.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it like American Horror Story where each season is separate, or are there characters that are the same? Like I said, I didn't dislike what I saw, I just never really gave it a chance.
    The second season is a prequel. Do you remember the female sheriff from the first season? The second season follows her father, played by Patrick Wilson, who had a small role in season 1. In the first season, the Sioux Falls Massacre is mentioned. We get to see what actually happened at that massacre in season 2. This is the only thread from season 1 that is carried over into season 2 that I can remember.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 188 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast