Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 188 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    TV thread has been dead. No one talking about Daredevil season 2? I know many have talked about it being the best current super hero type show running (though there aren't that many to challenge it). It is, but not because of the hero. I never lived Daredevil and his powers and his back story. But, the villains are the ones leading the way to make this show pretty great to watch. Vincent D'Onofrio nailed Fisk in season one and season 2, well, the anti-hero The Punisher played by Jon Bernthal from the Walking Dead was perfect. Anyone watch it yet?
    Just a 10/10 for me. LOVED that show... cannot wait for Jon B to get his own Punisher series on Netflix!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    TV thread has been dead. No one talking about Daredevil season 2? I know many have talked about it being the best current super hero type show running (though there aren't that many to challenge it). It is, but not because of the hero. I never lived Daredevil and his powers and his back story. But, the villains are the ones leading the way to make this show pretty great to watch. Vincent D'Onofrio nailed Fisk in season one and season 2, well, the anti-hero The Punisher played by Jon Bernthal from the Walking Dead was perfect. Anyone watch it yet?
    Just a 10/10 for me. LOVED that show... cannot wait for Jon B to get his own Punisher series on Netflix!!
    If he continues with the way his character acted and had a good cast like Daredevil to push him like season 2.....then it would be great.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If he continues with the way his character acted and had a good cast like Daredevil to push him like season 2.....then it would be great.
    Yep... great. LOVED the brutality of his character and he pulled it off... just amazingly!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Yep... great. LOVED the brutality of his character and he pulled it off... just amazingly!
    I was thoroughly amazed. I didn't see any previews, started the show with no idea what was coming, found out who the initial "killer" was, and wasn't sure what to expect. Punisher was one of the comics I read back in the day, which I loved, so I was skeptical. Well, all skepticism was erased, he was that good, Then Fisk pops back in and I was like, "This can't get any better for me!" lol. I watched season 2 twice.....and I will watch again after current shows end in 6-8 weeks.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

Anyone get their heart broken when episode 9, season 3 of Black Sails ended. Love the show but I wasn't pleased with the outcome .

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I really enjoyed RIVER on Netflix -- a British crime show with a clever twist.

Currently watching: The Path on Hulu, starring Aaron Paul, Michelle Monaghan and Hugh Dancy. Only one episode in, but intrigued.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I also really liked Hap and Leonard on Sundance, the adaptation of The Savage Season by Joe R. Lansdale. The villain of the piece, Soldier, is fascinating.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

Currently watching: The Path on Hulu, starring Aaron Paul, Michelle Monaghan and Hugh Dancy. Only one episode in, but intrigued.
    I loved Darcy in Hannibal and I'm devastated it is current gone. What is "Path?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

I loved Darcy in Hannibal and I'm devastated it is current gone. What is "Path?"
    The Path is about a religious cult, with Dancy as the spiritual leader. Aaron Paul and Michelle Monaghan are husband and wife -- he's just been on a retreat in Peru and has had an experience that causes him to doubt the integrity of the cult. She thinks he's having an affair, but he's starting to look into the organization.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone get their heart broken when episode 9, season 3 of Black Sails ended. Love the show but I wasn't pleased with the outcome .
    I wasn't a huge fan of Season 3 as a whole. I enjoyed the first few episodes, but then I thought it just went really slowly from there and focused on some uninteresting side-plots. Not to mention Eleanor acted totally out of character for me this season. Season 2 is still my favorite.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I wasn't a huge fan of Season 3 as a whole. I enjoyed the first few episodes, but then I thought it just went really slowly from there and focused on some uninteresting side-plots. Not to mention Eleanor acted totally out of character for me this season. Season 2 is still my favorite.
    Same for me. What happened to the show? Bad side plots I guess. Still like the show but curious if it is downhill from here. Penny Dreadful is coming May 1st and curious where the story is going to go from here.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's still one of my favorites and one that I look forward to, but this season was kind of all over the place in terms of its focus. As for Penny Dreadful:
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Does anyone watch Lucifer? I'm a little behind (just finished the fifth episode), and while I find it a very enjoyable show, I feel that it gets an extra bump due to the main actor. Not sure of his name, but he is so damn likeable, it's ridiculous.
    I'm curious to watch Lucifer, partly because of him. I've seen him in a few things over here, and he's usually likeable and charming enough, so I'm glad to see him get a role like Lucifer across the pond.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Confused

Anyone see a commercial for.....Wayward Pines coming end of May???!!! Why?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know, I've been wondering the same thing.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the first season (even after reading the books), so I'm looking forward to it. I think they said they have a third season in mind, and that would wrap everything up.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I liked the first season (even after reading the books), so I'm looking forward to it. I think they said they have a third season in mind, and that would wrap everything up.
    I was under the impression that the 3 books, crammed into one season that we saw last season, was it. I'm just confused is all. Is this 2015?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The series did their own thing. They very, very, very loosely followed the book.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    The series did their own thing. They very, very, very loosely followed the book.
    hmmmmm. Does this mean we will get 18 seasons of which each season will be loosely based on the books but with the combined 18 seasons they will follow the book to a "T?" I'm in! lol

My Mood
    Confused

I started watching "the path." So far it is interesting. People and organized religion is always a giant can of worms. Not starting a war, just talking about religious cults.

Country
    Country Flag

The Path is high on my to-watch list. I have a feeling I'll end up waiting for summer when there's nothing good on TV.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm Digging The Path
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

I'm into the fourth episode of The Path -- enjoying it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Everybody seems to be enjoying The Path, yet I don't have any desire to watch it, despite the fact that I love Aaron Paul. I'm not sure what it is. I will have to give it a shot and see what's up.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 188 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast