Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 188 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Season Three of House of Cards was beyond spectacular. Television doesn't really get any better than that. Can't wait to watch Season 4 once it drops.

4 episodes of Breaking Bad left.

Can't wait for Walking Dead to return on Sunday, especially after the lacklustre Issue #150.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Never heard of twee, but I keep everything in a spreadsheet. How many episodes in the season, what I've downloaded, what I've watched, the ratings for each episode.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Twee is Android-only. Any similar iPhone apps?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Season Three of House of Cards was beyond spectacular. Television doesn't really get any better than that. Can't wait to watch Season 4 once it drops.
    Agreed. Really enjoyed watching Frank & Claire's relationship this season especially. I think ep 6 was particularly my favourite because of how something that appeared to be so small in the season became so much bigger in one episode. Really, really excited about season 4.

Have you watched the original mini-series, Matt?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Agreed. Really enjoyed watching Frank & Claire's relationship this season especially. I think ep 6 was particularly my favourite because of how something that appeared to be so small in the season became so much bigger in one episode. Really, really excited about season 4.

Do you mean the episode where they go to Russia to try to free Michael Corrigan? That episode was fantastic. The whole season was. I love what they did with Stamper. I remember thinking it interesting how they never SHOW his private life...does he have a wife, family, kids? We never had any idea. It made his arc in season three so much better.

I haven't watched the English miniseries yet, no.

What I can't believe is all the members who couldn't get into it. It's just so damn good.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Breaking Bad. I wasn't a huge fan of the finale. The Machine gun stuff was awesome, but the three or four episodes before the finale were better. I didn't really start getting into the show until around the middle of season 3. Season 4, I think, on the whole, was my favourite season. There were parts of the first half of the final season that I wasn't a huge fan of, but the second half was super strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

Do you mean the episode where they go to Russia to try to free Michael Corrigan? That episode was fantastic. The whole season was. I love what they did with Stamper. I remember thinking it interesting how they never SHOW his private life...does he have a wife, family, kids? We never had any idea. It made his arc in season three so much better.

I haven't watched the English miniseries yet, no.

What I can't believe is all the members who couldn't get into it. It's just so damn good.
    Yep, that was the one. Such a great episode. Agreed on how surprised I am at how many can't get into it. Then again, I always love stories about dirty politics. Even with The Thick of It, it's as appealing to me as a commentary on the viciousness of pure spin as it is a quotable, hilarious masterpiece of comedy.

You should watch the original miniseries of House of Cards, if you can. Ian Richardson is absolutely fucking magnificent as Francis Urquhart. Classy, charming, and just pure magnificent evil. "The problem with our Prime Minister is that he so desperately wants to be liked. An admirable trait, in a spaniel or a whore. Not, I think, in a Prime Minister."

- Melike

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    You might think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
    FUCKING WIN!!!

- Melike

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Prime Minister's Question Time.... Very frightening, like being mugged by a field mouse."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Breaking Bad. I wasn't a huge fan of the finale. The Machine gun stuff was awesome, but the three or four episodes before the finale were better. I didn't really start getting into the show until around the middle of season 3. Season 4, I think, on the whole, was my favourite season. There were parts of the first half of the final season that I wasn't a huge fan of, but the second half was super strong.
    You should know by now that the final episode of any show is never the best episode.

And Ozymandias (Ep 10) is the single greatest episode of any show ever. Period.

Machine gun. Magnets. Trains. Escaping confinement by crossing electrical wires!? No show has a right to be that creative.

And also you didn't pay tribute to one of the best endings to an episode ever:

Spoiler:

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Breaking Bad.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Spoiler:
    This. All day. And twice on Sunday. It might be my favorite moment in TV history.

Matt, I'm not surprised you were underwhelmed by Breaking Bad as a whole. I warned you of this on numerous occasions over the years. After all, it's partially my (our) fault.

The final episode was about as good as a series finale could possibly be in my opinion.

Also, and this might be a conversation for another day, but I've thought for a while that binge watching shows isn't ideal for some shows. Don't get me wrong, it's great to run through a show in a short amount of time and not have to wait, but there is something great about waiting and anticipating a show. Not just week-to-week, but months and months. Sometimes you just don't have enough time to digest certain things before jumping into another episode.

Binge watching as a new TV concept fascinates me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Still, a Lac with a remote control M-60 in the trunk... ya' gotta love that. The only way to make it better is a pair of DD's on the M-60...maybe dribble a bit of Ranch dressing on them...
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Also, and this might be a conversation for another day, but I've thought for a while that binge watching shows isn't ideal for some shows. Don't get me wrong, it's great to run through a show in a short amount of time and not have to wait, but there is something great about waiting and anticipating a show. Not just week-to-week, but months and months. Sometimes you just don't have enough time to digest certain things before jumping into another episode.
    That's absolutely right.

There can be too much of a good thing, and if you're speed running through a series you're not letting the events sink in properly. You're so concerned with simply getting through it to get to the next show you don't have time to appreciate the details.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I purposely broke up Breaking Bad with House of Cards to watch it slower. Even watched all of season three between S5 and S5.5. I don't think binge watching affected it since I binge watched near as many episodes of House of Cards and I love love that show. I think it just isn't the type of show I appreciate as much as others. It's a very good show all in all. Not sure where it falls on my list. Number 6 or 7. Maybe 5. I do appreciate its slow burn. I had no idea most of the show took place over one year...i remember before I watched it thinking "it's been five years, i thought Walter had terminal cancer. Shouldn't he be dead by now?" lol

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Angie Tribeca is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. I love it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen the one with the ventriloquist yet?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yes!

I swear, I love everything about that show so far. I laughed until I cried the first time I saw just the intro into the very first episode; her doing the pull-ups on the shower rod, kicking the bunch of balloons, etc. The show is genius.

"While you're here, will you look at a mole for me?"
    [holds up tiny mole]
    Doctor: That mole looks suspicious.

I love it!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I get a kick out of the opening every time. It's such a spot-on spoof of all the NCIS- and CSI -type shows.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH....!"
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

On Episode 4 of the Expanse so far:

Spoiler:
    I gave the first three episodes a three out of five. Nothing too outstanding, but just decent to keep watching. I find the "ground level/belter/government conspiracy" half of the show to be quite boring, but maybe that all has to do with Tom Jane's awful hair style. Anyway, so the first three episodes got a 3/5. And the fourth one got a 4/5, with a BIG boost simply from the "Holy shit! Where'd his fucking head go!?" scene. Big surprise there, loved it, and very well done. It's an enjoyable show, and being only ten episodes (which I love), I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I finally finished Jessica Jones. Honestly... it's a solid 3 out 5 on a good day.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I ended Jessica Jones with a 3.31. For me, more Tennant equals better show. Less Tennant equals worse show.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Im enjoying the Expanse right now, too.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Yes!

I swear, I love everything about that show so far. I laughed until I cried the first time I saw just the intro into the very first episode; her doing the pull-ups on the shower rod, kicking the bunch of balloons, etc. The show is genius.

"While you're here, will you look at a mole for me?"
    [holds up tiny mole]
    Doctor: That mole looks suspicious.

I love it!
    I loved Angie Tribeca and I can't wait for season 2. This is my favorite scene. I laughed so hard at this.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 188 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast