Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 188 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Americans is no Homeland and Homeland is no 24.
    The first season of Homeland is great, but after that the story tends to get recycled. They've been hit or miss since then. The Americans has been consistently strong.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    As far as current shows, it still shocks me how many of you aren't watching The Americans.
    Too many shows man, not enough time. Need to prioritize.
    I hear that. We're lucky to be living in a time where we have these shows at our fingertips whenever we want.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen either but Bauer would destroy them all lol.

Getting into season 3 of House of Cards now. Goddamn this season has been great so far. The last few episodes of season 2 were incredible. Poor Freddy. So sad.

Final 8 episodes of Breaking Bad to go. Hank shat about ten pounds into that toilet when he read that dedication. The final 8 episodes will make the difference between tier one and tier two.

Newsroom is next. I have to finally watch S3 of In Treatment too.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So I've watched a few episodes of Angie Tribeca and it's just not clicking for me. I really want to like it. I love the Naked Gun and Airplane! movies, so this show should be right up my alley. I even liked seeing Jeff Dunham guest star on last night's episode. But I'm just not finding anything about the show funny.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ash Vs. Evil Dead: Season 1 - 3.3

Pretty decent! For anyone not in the other threads I HATED the original movies, so liking this was a surprise. It was a little formulaic at times: they go to a new place and fight demons, then they go to THIS place and fight demons! I mean, I know that's the show, but I was hoping for a LITTLE more storyline throughout, instead of in oodles and boodles in the last couple episodes.

Liked it, excited for the next season. Next: The Expanse.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Ash Vs. Evil Dead: Season 1 - 3.3

Pretty decent! For anyone not in the other threads I HATED the original movies, so liking this was a surprise. It was a little formulaic at times: they go to a new place and fight demons, then they go to THIS place and fight demons! I mean, I know that's the show, but I was hoping for a LITTLE more storyline throughout, instead of in oodles and boodles in the last couple episodes.

Liked it, excited for the next season. Next: The Expanse.
    I'm surprised you watched it considering your hate for the films. What is it about the series that you prefer to the films? I enjoyed the series for what it was, but the films were a hundred times better to me.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

... maybe because the TV series had a budget, cast and crew that CARE about making something real and not just playing around in the woods for a week, and a decent storyline?

The opening of the second film completely erased the entire first film. You're not allowed to do that and still have me consider you a real filmmaker.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you have to know what you're getting into in order to enjoy them. The gradient leans heavily toward slapstick horror with only tidbits of creepiness.

And you can accuse Raimi of a lot of things but never about not caring. It's actually pretty impressive that he was able to generate some of those effects on a shoe string budget.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree Raimi and the cast definitely did care about the film, and I think you can easily see that. It is what it is because of them. Sure they didn't have a huge budget but they did accomplish a lot with what little money they did have. It also has a very similar storyline to the films. But the budget was definitely higher, and the effects far better. Oh well, to each his own.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed. That's a different story.

24 operates in a different universe than The Americans and Homeland. Americans and Homeland are a little more realistic. 24 is popcorn fun.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I agree Raimi and the cast definitely did care about the film, and I think you can easily see that. It is what it is because of them. Sure they didn't have a huge budget but they did accomplish a lot with what little money they did have. It also has a very similar storyline to the films. But the budget was definitely higher, and the effects far better. Oh well, to each his own.
    Raimi really cares about his films. It shows when you watch them. A Simple Plan is meticulously crafted. The Evil Dead films have plenty of fantastic shots and inventiveness despite and because of the budget. The original Evil Dead is so well made and the shift to humour really let's Raimi have a blast in the sequels. Evil Dead to me is the like Star Wars of horror films...it basically invented gorefests and went all out on physical effects and is still a source of inspiration for modern day filmmakers. It's influence in the genre will never disippate.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Indeed. That's a different story.

24 operates in a different universe than The Americans and Homeland. Americans and Homeland are a little more realistic. 24 is popcorn fun.
    In the latter seasons sure, but even those were more dramatic than the show had been, especially season 8. 24 does revel in itself and gives it a charm, and the format provides more urgency and ramps the tension episode after episode. In the beginning though the action was very minimal, especially seasons 1 and 3, which were much drama focused.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched the Expanse premiere ... 3/5. It's decent, but nothing separating it from other decent space shows yet. I'll give it a few more episodes, we'll see.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't done one of these in a while.

CURRENTLY WATCHING:
    1. 2 Broke Girls: Season 5
    2. American Crime Story: Season 1 (The People V. OJ Simpson)
    3. American Dad!: Season 12
    4. Animals: Season 1
    5. Arrow: Season 4
    6. Baskets: Season 1
    7. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 3
    8. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Season 1
    9. Expanse: Season 1
    10. Family Guy: Season 14
    11. Flash: Season 2
    12. Gotham: Season 2
    13. Grandfathered: Season 1
    14. Grey's Anatomy: Season 12
    15. Hell's Kitchen (2005): Season 15
    16. Justice League: Season 1 (with Rose)
    17. Last Man On Earth: Season 2
    18. Legends Of Tomorrow: Season 1
    19. Life In Pieces: Season 1
    20. Limitless: Season 1
    21. Lip Sync Battle: Season 2
    22. Lucifer: Season 1
    23. New Girl: Season 5
    24. Robot Chicken: Season 8
    25. Sesame Street: Season 46 (with Rose)
    26. Shadowhunters: Season 1
    27. South Park: Season 19
    28. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012): Season 1 (with Rose)
    29. Walking Dead: Season 6

NEXT ON ROTATION:
    1. Affair: Season 2
    2. Black Sails: Season 3
    3. Childhood's End: Season 1
    4. Colony: Season 1
    5. Fargo: Season 2
    6. Into The Badlands: Season 1
    7. Leftovers: Season 2
    8. Lucky Man: Season 1
    9. Mad Dogs (2011): Season 3
    10. Magicians: Season 1
    11. Man In The High Castle: Season 1
    12. Outsiders: Season 1
    13. Quantico: Season 1
    14. Shades Of Blue: Season 1
    15. Shannara Chronicles: Season 1

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this. I watched the original show all the time when I was a kid. I'm amazed they were able to get all the cast back together again (minus Mary Kate and Ashley).
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this. I watched the original show all the time when I was a kid. I'm amazed they were able to get all the cast back together again (minus Mary Kate and Ashley).
    me too and I dont think there is any loss with the Olsen's not being there... to be honest.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also 24 is one of those Must Watch shows that I've just never gotten around to.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It definitely is must-watch. I binged the first few seasons in a few weeks.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The one thing that impresses me most is that the show apparently doesn't generate lukewarm reviews. Every person I ask that has watched it tells me how AMAZING it is and that I HAVE to watch it lol.

Looking forward to it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The one thing that impresses me most is that the show apparently doesn't generate lukewarm reviews. Every person I ask that has watched it tells me how AMAZING it is and that I HAVE to watch it lol.

Looking forward to it.
    It did get stale for me after awhile.. how many times can you see the same threat???? Other than that.. a fun watch.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

It might've started getting a little, but the first three seasons are amazing. Watched them all in one big gulp.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to it.
    I just rewatched most of it and it is great. The show almost gets better every season with season 6 being the big mistep, but it has enough awesome moments like the best fist fight in the history of television. When it came back after the two year hiatus for season 7, it was awesome again...with new locations for the next 3 seasons outside LA (DC, NYC, and London) the show felt fresh and looked new. The show has many 'that's so 24' moments you'll learn to find endearing (hopefully) like that guy with the info Jack is putting into a helicopter will of course be killed by a sniper...there's always a sniper lol.

I can't think of a more addictive show. You can't watch an episode, you have to watch a disc's worth.

Country
    Country Flag

Yup. Testify!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Kiefer Sutherland was perfect as the increasingly ridiculously badass (in a good way) Jack Bauer. There's a reason why, along with Ron Perlman, he was one of my top choices for a new Judge Dredd for quite a while before Urban took the role.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The first season is on another level. It's simply near perfection. It never quite reaches that level again, but the other seasons are still fun to watch even if they get a little repetitive. 24 came out at a perfect time for this country. The first episode premiered 2 months after 9/11 (the show was almost canned because of September 11th). I'm wondering if watching it now takes away from the mood this country was in after that day, although we are still living in a world plagued by terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Haven't done one of these in a while.

CURRENTLY WATCHING:
    1. 2 Broke Girls: Season 5
    2. American Crime Story: Season 1 (The People V. OJ Simpson)
    3. American Dad!: Season 12
    4. Animals: Season 1
    5. Arrow: Season 4
    6. Baskets: Season 1
    7. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 3
    8. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Season 1
    9. Expanse: Season 1
    10. Family Guy: Season 14
    11. Flash: Season 2
    12. Gotham: Season 2
    13. Grandfathered: Season 1
    14. Grey's Anatomy: Season 12
    15. Hell's Kitchen (2005): Season 15
    16. Justice League: Season 1 (with Rose)
    17. Last Man On Earth: Season 2
    18. Legends Of Tomorrow: Season 1
    19. Life In Pieces: Season 1
    20. Limitless: Season 1
    21. Lip Sync Battle: Season 2
    22. Lucifer: Season 1
    23. New Girl: Season 5
    24. Robot Chicken: Season 8
    25. Sesame Street: Season 46 (with Rose)
    26. Shadowhunters: Season 1
    27. South Park: Season 19
    28. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012): Season 1 (with Rose)
    29. Walking Dead: Season 6

NEXT ON ROTATION:
    1. Affair: Season 2
    2. Black Sails: Season 3
    3. Childhood's End: Season 1
    4. Colony: Season 1
    5. Fargo: Season 2
    6. Into The Badlands: Season 1
    7. Leftovers: Season 2
    8. Lucky Man: Season 1
    9. Mad Dogs (2011): Season 3
    10. Magicians: Season 1
    11. Man In The High Castle: Season 1
    12. Outsiders: Season 1
    13. Quantico: Season 1
    14. Shades Of Blue: Season 1
    15. Shannara Chronicles: Season 1
    Shannon, have I ever told you about an app called Twee? It's a fantastic way to keep track of all the shows you watch. It's essential for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 188 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast