Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 188 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Man has anyone watched Expanse yet!!!???? Just seen first one... Wow. Will be watching this right to the end! 8.5/10
    Is it on Scifi channel? What's it about?
    Yep. It's so well done. Special effects and acting... So many good actors in it. Tomas Jane kills it... Give it a try. You will be glad you did!!!
    Yes. So far a gripping tale. I am fond of the old school gumshoe angle.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Top 3 will have to be: The Twilight Zone, I Love Lucy, and The X-Files.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

TOP FIFTEEN:
    American Horror Story
    Battlestar Galactica
    Breaking Bad
    Doctor Who
    Firefly
    Friends
    Game Of Thrones
    Grey's Anatomy
    Lost
    Nip/Tuck
    Prison Break
    Sherlock
    Sons Of Anarchy
    Spartacus
    Walking Dead

Parenthood, Carnivale, Dawson's Creek, Deadwood, The Office, Smallville, Sarah Connor Chronicles, and True Blood are runners up/were once in my Top Fifteen.

Flash, Daredevil, and Leftovers are potential new entries, we'll see how the show continues in the next season or two.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    TOP FIFTEEN:
    American Horror Story
    Battlestar Galactica
    Breaking Bad
    Doctor Who
    Firefly
    Friends
    Game Of Thrones
    Grey's Anatomy
    Lost
    Nip/Tuck
    Prison Break
    Sherlock
    Sons Of Anarchy
    Spartacus
    Walking Dead

Parenthood, Carnivale, Dawson's Creek, Deadwood, The Office, Smallville, Sarah Connor Chronicles, and True Blood are runners up/were once in my Top Fifteen.

Flash, Daredevil, and Leftovers are potential new entries, we'll see how the show continues in the next season or two.
    Shannon you would love Expanse seeing your list here mate...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Parenthood is an amazing series that criminally does not get enough attention. I sat there in tears the last half of the series finale

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Twilight Zone is my number 1 as well Wonder Years is probably number 2 for me. Not sure what number 3 is. It's hard to narrow it down to so few.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Man has anyone watched Expanse yet!!!???? Just seen first one... Wow. Will be watching this right to the end! 8.5/10
    I'm DEFINITELY watching this show. The premise is a little derivative but I'm a sucker for these kind of stories. I already have the S1 blu ray earmarked on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Tier One TV Shows: Mad Men, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, In Treatment

Tier Two TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica, LOST, 24, The Walking Dead, Dexter

Yet to watch/complete: The Wire, The Tudors, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, The Newsroom, True Detective, Deadwood, Twin Peaks
    I'm confident The Wire and Breaking Bad will crack your top tier once you're finished.

You know, I watched the first season of House of Cards but I wasn't interested in it enough to move on to Season 2. It was a little bland.

True Detective is essentially an 8 hour movie that is elevated by the horse power of Matthew M's peerless performance.

Don't know if I'm interested enough to watch The Newsroom.

Deadwood has been on my To Watch list for a looooong time. I'm getting to that soon.

Season 3 of Breaking Bad was very good. It had a few of those quiet moments the show was lacking previously.
    Good.

Season 3 is also the season where Walter's arrogance frees itself of its shackles.

Spoiler:

"You might want to hold off on that. Your boss is going to need me.
    6353 Juan Tabo..."

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Twin Peaks is awesome
    Ok, unpopular opinion time; I couldn't finish Twin Peaks. The melodrama was just too much for me.

I left off on exactly the 22 minute mark of Season 2, Episode 1. Never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The X Files is on my list too but, damn it's just too daunting. What is it like 200 episodes, right? It will take me a year to finish that, I'm not joking.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh also I'm on the second to last episode of Mad Men. Should finish it tomorrow night. Gotta say though, the second half of the last season has been pretty underwhelming..

Hope the finale makes up for it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I quit on Mad Men. The first few seasons were excellent, but the last few were horrible. I couldn't even watch the last season. I did watch the finale though, but wasn't all that impressed with it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I quit on Mad Men. The first few seasons were excellent, but the last few were horrible. I couldn't even watch the last season. I did watch the finale though, but wasn't all that impressed with it.
    HATED Mad Men...

On another note though... Suits is BAD ass this half of the season. GREAT show!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked it, but I felt they drew from the well way too many times, it became formulaic. I mean we get it, Don is a damaged soul with mommy and daddy issues and he has to fill that void with women, but each love affair became gradually less interesting.

I think it gets the benefit of a doubt that others don't simply because of it's fantastic costume design and glamorizing of the era. I've asked a couple of people whom profess their love for the show what they really like about it and I scarce got an answer that's not some variation of "they look cool while drinking and smoking."

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

HATED Mad Men...

On another note though... Suits is BAD ass this half of the season. GREAT show!
    Yeah, I've enjoyed the show too.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Really want to watch this. The books are awesome. I've read the first 2
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Deadwood is my number one cocksucka!
    Gaddamnit!

Makes me immediately turn my top three into a top 4 (And may as well throw Game of Thrones in too for a top 5)

Fargo! Now it is a top 6. I really love what Noah Hawley has done with Fargo in its two seasons

in No particular Order:

Deadwood
    The Sopranos
    The Wire
    Fargo
    Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone watching Lucifer?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Deadwood is my number one cocksucka!
    Gaddamnit!

Makes me immediately turn my top three into a top 4 (And may as well throw Game of Thrones in too for a top 5)

Fargo! Now it is a top 6. I really love what Noah Hawley has done with Fargo in its two seasons

in No particular Order:

Deadwood
    The Sopranos
    The Wire
    Fargo
    Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    I forgot Fargo, and when people mention other shows then I remember them to like SOA. No one mentioned Seinfeld .
    I want to wait and see if some shows make there rounds before judging them. I'm hoping shows like Fargo and Penny Dreadful and excel or continue to be stellar for me before I throw them in my favs of favs .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Lucifer could be a great show if it doesn't follow the same "let's have an interesting, unorthodox character follow around/assist cops/FBI/CSI and have a different case every episode" formula. The main character is very likeable.

Top Six? Nope. Top Fifteen TV Shows, Top Thirty Movies. That's how I do it, that's how dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I envy you guys for being able to bail on a show. If I start it, I usually finish it. It's an OCD thing.

As far as current shows, it still shocks me how many of you aren't watching The Americans.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I envy you guys for being able to bail on a show. If I start it, I usually finish it. It's an OCD thing.

As far as current shows, it still shocks me how many of you aren't watching The Americans.
    I watch it. It is no Homeland, but it's very good. Like Hell on Wheels....It is no Deadwood, but I enjoy the show. I also have a hard time bailing on shows because of believing I'm OCD with certain things, but recently I just give up on some shows that seem repetitive. Or when I start hating on a show I'll "keep it on" and surf the net or do other household chores etc. I do this a lot now with shows I now dislike or don't understand why the hell I'm still watching. Such as Blacklist, Vampire Diaries, Big Bang Theory, Castle, Once Upon a Time to name a few. It sounds like I watch a lot of TV, but I get a lot done at home when shows like this are on my DVR lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I liked it, but I felt they drew from the well way too many times, it became formulaic. I mean we get it, Don is a damaged soul with mommy and daddy issues and he has to fill that void with women, but each love affair became gradually less interesting.

I think it gets the benefit of a doubt that others don't simply because of it's fantastic costume design and glamorizing of the era. I've asked a couple of people whom profess their love for the show what they really like about it and I scarce got an answer that's not some variation of "they look cool while drinking and smoking."
    Mad Men is in my Top 5 along with Six Feet Under. It's pure art. It's very much like a novel, it's all about character.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

I could write A LOT about Mad Men. Best TV show ever.

Finished season 4 of Breaking Bad. Pretty good stuff. Mike is my favorite character now. Think I've got just the final 16 episodes now. I'm enjoying it more as it goes along but I'm still not sold on it being truly amazing. Don't think I'm going to watch Better Call Saul as he shtick has become grating and I can't imagine watching more of him.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Americans is no Homeland and Homeland is no 24.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't think I'm going to watch Better Call Saul as he shtick has become grating and I can't imagine watching more of him.
    Better Call Saul is GREAT
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Confused

Americans is no Homeland and Homeland is no 24.
    This is a great point. Also Better Call Saul starts slow, but gets better.....Mike is in it

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Too many shows man, not enough time. Need to prioritize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 188 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 ... LastLast